IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

charliehorse in my right leg

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the other day i think i got a charliehorse behind my right knee but it hasnt gone away..any way you know how to fix it? how long will it take to go away?

It has been my observation that cramping is more prevelent after eating allot of salty foods, and when potasium in the body is low.

If you take a potasium supplement daily, for a while it should help resolve the issue.

If not email me and I can give you more suggestions.

Sincerely,

Eric ayurved@verizon.net

(Herbalist)

Guest guest

try Valerian,ginger,chamomile,and stretching,a charlie

horse is a damaged muscle,but best to keep it loose,

Valerian will help greatly,and other muscle relaxing herbs like chamomile,try horse chestnut extraxt also ,it is a

preventative that opens up veins in the leg,

increasing blood flow.

Along with the previous good advice make sure you are getting enough calcium and magnesium. Try 1,000 mg(gm) calcium to 500mg of magnesium. Also lots of water.

The stretching that shiva mention should also be done, slowly and gently. For your condition you want to stretch the toes backwards so the muscles on the back of your leg feel the stretch. Just sit with the leg outstretched and pull back on the toes. A standing alternative can be done on the stairs or with a block of wood.

On the stairs place the toes only on a step and slowly lean forward a little and try to touch to the stair or floor below with your heel.

Horse chestnut sounds interesting and you can never go wrong with a full and balanced circulation.

Good luck

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

I have charlie horses in my stomach sometimes quit often just breathing or standing what answers do you have for that

Guest guest

from what i understand this is cramps. homoeopathic Nux vomica or copper are both cramp producing substances, (in healthy people) which therefore should cure it. (SB 1/5/33)

VdK