IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

Interesting phenomena

Rate this topic

Ever since I have been chanting Hare Krishna mantra 300,001 times a day I have been noticing that my family and friends are beginning to treat me like I no longer exist. This must be a great blessing from Krishna. Human beings look like ghosts to me now and they treat me like I am a ghost.

They want to enjoy you. But now they can't. You are no longer a plaything for their attachments. And what's more, they are no longer playthings for your attachments because those attachments have been now slain by Arjuna's bow.

How long is 300,001? It is 2777.787037037037037037037037037 rounds when my calculator divides it by 108. Dividing again by the 16 words is 173.61168981481481481481481481481 rounds, almost 20 hours. It's a special world up there for sure. One that is difficult to leave.

gHari

Why people around you think that you have gone mad? But let them think so, you be happy in your chanting. The results would be soon there for you to feel. Spiritual aspirants get many transcendental experiences as they progress on the path of spiritualism. Like, getting fragrance when others do not get a tinge of it, getting the vision of brilliant lights, seeing the Lord all over, listening the Nada of Anahat. You might start getting some Siddhis too. These are only the landmarks and not the final stop!!!

Guest guest

Yes the more you chant,

the more "people will shun you"

But Lord Sri Hari is one who takes away all inauspiciousness

and

will give Himself to you by Harinam chanting

------------------------

Ever since I have been chanting Hare Krishna mantra 300,001 times a day I have been noticing that my family and friends are beginning to treat me like I no longer exist. This must be a great blessing from Krishna. Human beings look like ghosts to me now and they treat me like I am a ghost.

------------------

16 rounds= more than 1 hour and half

32 rounds = more than 3 hours

64 = from 6 to 8 hours

128 = 15 hours

192 = maybe 22 hours

it is very natural that they think that Ancient Mariner does not exist!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

You might as well live in the forest and live as the Rishi Valmiki did. If you are old enough, it can be qualified Vanaprastha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna

from-Purport

Therefore devotees in the line of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must chant at least sixteen rounds daily, and this is the number prescribed by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Haridasa Thakura daily chanted 300,000 names. Sixteen rounds is about 28,000 names. There is no need to imitate Haridasa Thakura or the other Gosvamis, but chanting the holy name a fixed number of times daily is essential for every devotee.

<font color="red"> Sri Caitanya-caritamrita Madhya-lila 7.37</font color>

--

Ps.according to my calculations(lol), 300,000 names is about 160 rounds, from the above information /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Good luck with your chanting prabhu, I wish I had time like you. I used to have alot of time in the past but now i do not even have the time to chant even 3 to 4 rounds. Please recommend me to Mr. Gopala over there, thanks!

Guest guest

Haribol

i do not even have the time to chant even 3 to 4 rounds

------lover_soul

are you sure about that? you have time while reading posts on audarya, don't you? i'm not saying that is bad, but if you DID want to chant your rounds, then you would be doing that instead of reading posts here.

don't take me wrong, but it is only a suggestion.

Haribol