IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Homosexuality in the eyes of the Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

is there any Hindu scriptures condemning homosexuality like that found in the Bible or Quran? thanks

the Bible says in the book of Leviticus that Homosexuals are to be stoned to death. I doubt any Hindu scriptures state this.

May I humbly suggest that lust in any context – controlled or otherwise – is still LUST, that is an insurmountable barrier to any spiritual attainment. Heterosexuals, homosexuals, or bisexuals are equally and assuredly under the spell of Maya. My feeling has always been that the only sexual orientation acceptable to Lord Krishna is celibacy.

Lord Krsna says He IS sex life which is not contrary to religious principles [bg. 7.11]. So what you are saying has a doubtful foundation.

Guest guest

That Leviticus quote is speaking about sodomy - not homosexuality - check it out...

Uh, you do know what gay sex involves don't you?

regardless, the book of Leviticus is one of the mose barbaric religious books in the world. Most Christians are so embarrased about it's contents they never read it in Church.

Uh, you do know what gay sex involves don't you?

regardless, the book of Leviticus is one of the mose barbaric religious books in the world. Most Christians are so embarrased about it's contents they never read it in Church.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you sure about that? You think that every gay person does that? How about two women? Seems quite impossible for them - so - I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Fact remains - the Torah is expressing a point about God's serious displeasure regarding 'sodomy' - in that Leviticus perscription.

It's you who are equating sodomy with homosexuality.

While this forum isn't the place to discuss any of this subject matter - this thread has a particular theme and - it would seem that this issue would naturally have its place in this discussion.

That said - I have known [not in the biblical sense :rolleyes:] homosexuals who are quite averse to 'sodomy' [even without knowing the biblical viewpoint] - in fact - I would say that it's quite a generalization on your part - to make the 'connection' you have.

There must be some statistical information online - you might find that and use it to back up your assertion.

It is nasty to say that gay people are sodomites and thus try to make some case on that basis. It again makes people rail against gays based on innuendo and not facts.

Indeed those that engage in that activity are very much displeasing God and there is a deadly disease - HIV/AIDS that is now the probable result of that activity - is that a natural consequence or - a coincidence?

If there were any doubts in the minds of people regarding this activity - there aught not be any more.

So you might do well to better understand proper some perspective in the things around you?

A discussion about the book of Leviticus is another matter. Have 'we' had this discussion before? Have 'we' been over this Biblical vs. Vedic baggage issues?

YS,

Lord Krsna says He IS sex life which is not contrary to religious principles [bg. 7.11]. So what you are saying has a doubtful foundation.

Not that I really care but...

You are making more out of the use of the word-phrase 'sex life' - while it clearly means only the act of producing God conscious children - it doesn't indicate that one builds a life around that 'act'.

Prabhupada says within the purport that 'sex life' - is for begetting Krishna conscious children - not otherwise.

Of course that then means that 'gay sex life' is a stumbling block for an individual - because there is no result - bearing God conscious children. It has a personal karmic reaction - not a collective one.

How many people are there 'everywhere' in our world engaged in 'sex life' and producing children that are not God conscious?

From the karmic perspecitive - how isn't that worse [from the collective karmic standpoint] than those who engage in 'gay sex life'?

When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krsna, the women of the family become corrupt, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrsni, comes unwanted progeny. [bG 1.40]

...Irresponsible men also provoke adultery in society, and thus unwanted children flood the human race at the risk of war and pestilence... [bG 1.40 purport]

How are gay people responsible for 'that' degradation of womanhood - how can they be responsible for unwanted progeny and - we see further:

"When there is increase of unwanted population, a hellish situation is created both for the family and for those who destroy the family tradition..." [bG 1.41]

That is our world today!

So I would say you should find out the lack of those quotes in the shastra that show as much of a nonsensical and disastrous collective result - from so-called homosexuals within a society?

YS,