IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

envy

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna everyone. I was at work today and I realise that although behind the facade(sp) of smiling faces and "good jobs" there is big time envy when someone is succesful at something or when someone desires something but the one he doesnt like achieve it. I mean if someone new comes along and does a good job there is a lot of internel bitterness. Ofcourse the whole material world is like this. I know for a fact about this because of my marriage issues with the guju community. My friend sent me the following from a comment from prabhupad.

Regarding the envious people our position has nothing to do with them. They cannot do anything and if somebody does something, they will be envious. That is the nature of third class men. My Guru Maharaja once told this story; one friend informed another that one man has become the High Court Judge. "Oh No!" he replied, "No. That cannot be right.Yes, he is a Judge," said the first friend. "I have seen him sitting on the bench." The second man replied, "Maybe. But I dont think he is getting any salary." Such envious men will find out some fault anywhere. There is no fault, actually, but they will manufacture some fault. That is their business. So many persons were envious of my Guru Maharaja, but He was always preaching and did not care for them...

--Srila Prabhupada

--41.Envy

--Srila Prabhupada Upadesa-Ratnakar

These third class men look even more third class when they dont even realise that they are envious. I mean from the expression on their face, body language to how they behave.

just sad.

Hare Krsna