IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

"Krsna-prema : why don't you take it? "

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Prabhupada's Magic: He Got the Whole World Chanting Hare Krishna! ( 1977 Conversation)

Tamala Krsna: "Those who have no faith, even after hearing about Krsna and the excellence of devotional service, who think that it is simply eulogy, find the path very difficult even if they are suppose..." (break)

Prabhupada: So without this faith, nobody can achieve the association of Krsna. There are two things. You become associate of Krsna, or you become associate of this material world. So if you do not become associate of Krsna, then the next step is this association of material world. And association of material world means accepting one type of body and enjoy or suffer for some time; then you get another body. Mrtyu-samsara-vartmani. Now we have to make our choice, whether you want to stop this material way of life and attain the eternal spiritual life...

mam upetya punar janma

duhkhalayam asasvatam

napnuvanti mahatmanah

samsiddhim paramam gatah

If you get the association of Krsna, then you haven't got to come here, this material world. Duhkhalayam. Krsna says it is duhkhalayam. Either you take birth in a very rich, aristocratic family, born in the upper planetary system as demigods--Brahma, Indra, Candra, like that--or you take your birth, an insignificant ant; wherever you are in material body, it is duhkhalayam. That you cannot avoid. Duhkhalayam asasvatam. And you cannot make any compromise that "Never mind it is very much miserable. I shall enjoy." So that also will not be allowed. Asasvatam. Your tendency is to live forever. So that will not be allowed. Asasvata. So this requires knowledge, intelligence, that "If I am eternal," na hanyate hanyamane sarire, "I am not destroyed even this body is destroyed," then you should seek after eternal happiness. Why temporary? That is not in your interest. That happiness is there when you go back to Krsna; otherwise not. These are the statement in the Bhagavad-gita. So if we do not try to understand the real purpose of Bhagavad-gita, and if we theorize, "Bhagavad-gita means nonviolence. Bhagavad-gita means to become patriot," these are materialism. We should avoid this wrong interpretation, misguiding direction of blind leaders. We'll not get any benefit out of it. So we are trying to rectify this. That's all. Everything is there. Any question is solved by Krsna. Politics, economics, religion, culture, philosophy--everything is discussed very thoroughly. Simply one has to understand. Then he becomes fixed up in Krsna consciousness. People are generally after yoga, especially the Westerners. I think they have come here for perfection of yoga. But here it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, mayy asakta-manah partha yogam yunjan mad-asrayah. That is first class, to increase your attachment for Krsna. Mayy asakta-manah partha yogam yunjan. This is yoga, how to increase the attachment for Krsna. This is called bhakti-yoga. So this yoga can be practiced--mayy asakta-manah par..., yogam, mad-asrayah, not anyone's other's asraya. Mad-asrayah. Taking shelter of Krsna or taking shelter of Krsna's personal person, personal associates, mat-para. Mat-para means one who has dedicated his life for Krsna. He is called mat-para. Or directly under Krsna. Directly under Krsna is difficult. Because we do not understand Krsna, therefore we have to take shelter of a person who is already under the shelter of Krsna.

Indian man (1): Mat-para people are very seldom available.

Prabhupada: No. How do you know? If you do not know what is the meaning of mat-para, how you can say "seldom"? Do you know what is mat-para? Unless you know who is mat-para, how you can say like that? You have no knowledge. Mat-para means a simple thing, one who has fully surrendered to Krsna. That's all. This is very seldom? There are so many. But you have decided, "seldom." Why seldom? Here you see so many young men, our association. They are fully surrendered to Krsna. They do not know anything else than Krsna. So why it is seldom? You won't take. That is your fault. Rather, they are coming to you. They are canvassing. But you are so stubborn, you'll not take it. That is your fault. They are canvassing door to door. Why do you say, "It is seldom"? It is very easily available. But you won't take. That is your fault. Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally came, and He canvassed door to door. He sent His men door to door. We are sending all over the world. But you do not come. Mat-para is not seldom. At least at the present moment, it has become very easily available. But you take. That is your fault. (break) Ceto-darpana-marjanam. That is... Caitanya Mahaprabhu say. Ceto-darpana-marjanam bhava-maha-davagni..., sreyah-kairava-candrika-vitaranam vidya-vadhu-jivanam, anandambudhi-vardhanam. Anandambudhi. Ambudhi means sea. You do not find that the sea is increasing. But this transcendental sea of blissful life increases. Anandambudhi-vardhanam sarvatma-snapanam param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam. Very simple thing. You take to sri-krsna-sankirtanam and see the result. Why you say it is seldom? It is very easy, but you won't take. Seldom we find the followers. Otherwise it is very cheap. Rupa Gosvami worshiped Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with these words,

namo maha-vadanyaya

krsna-prema-pradaya te

krsnaya krsna-caitanya-

namne gaura-tvise namah

"My Lordship, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, You are the most magnanimous person of charity." Why? Now, krsna-prema-pradaya: "One cannot understand Krsna, and You are directly delivering love of Krsna." It is not seldom. If you want to love somebody, you must know him. Love is not with the air. If you want to love somebody, then you must know what he is and why should I love him. So nobody can understand Krsna. Where is the question of love? If you do not understand what is Krsna, the question of loving Him does not arise. But here Caitanya Mahaprabhu is giving directly love of Krsna. That means Krsna understanding is automatically--finished. Therefore He is addressed as the most magnanimous. So it is not at all seldom. As the age is fallen, the most magnanimous incarnation is Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He is giving directly Krsna, Krsna-prema. You take it. Why don't you take it? It is not seldom. You do not like to take it. That is the disease. And that is asraddadhana. There is no sraddha. Asraddadhanah purusah, mam aprapya. How you can get Krsna? There is no sraddha. Therefore they must suffer in the cycle of birth and death. Nivartante mrtyu-samsara. So you voluntarily accept this cycle of birth; you don't accept Krsna. Then who can help you? If you have decided to cut your own throat, how can I help you? You'll do it. Whenever you'll get opportunity, you'll cut your throat. How much I can give you protection? That is going on. They have no faith in the words of Krsna. They'll manufacture ideas. It is not "seldom." It is my dog's obstinacy that is checking. We cannot give up. Krsna has..., sarva-dharman parityajya. That you cannot do. You want to keep in the same position, and at the same time, you want to understand Krsna. That is not possible. In this Hrishikesh, tirtha-ksetra, everyone comes to get some spiritual enlightenment, but who is talking of Krsna? Am I right? And there is Gita-bhavan, Gita this, Gita that. What is that "Gita"? Gita commentation. Nobody's interested. They don't like to hear even about Krsna. This is the position. So mat-para is not seldom. (laughs) The followers are seldom. But Krsna says, mat-para. "If you want to practice this yoga..." Mayy asakta-manah partha yogam... This is yoga. Imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam. This is real yoga. So nobody's interested. Then what can be done? My Guru Maharaja used to say that "If one is selling langlam(?), and he's canvassing, 'Please come here. Take langlam. There is no price for it,' then people will not take. 'Why langlam he's distributing free?' " So that is the position. We are going to door to door: "Take Krsna." They think, "It is very cheap thing. What is the use? Let us practice some other yoga." Krsna says, yoginam api sarvesam. We don't take. So langlam is not seldom, but the person who take langlam is seldom. This is the difficulty. Krsna says, "By this practice of yoga..." Aiye.

mayy asakta-manah partha

yogam yunjan mad-asrayah

asamsayam samagram mam

yatha jnasyasi tac chrnu

(indistinct) He says, "How you can understand Me perfectly," samagram, "and," asamsayam, "without any doubt." So Krsna is speaking about Him, which is without any doubt and without any difficulty, in fullness, but who is hearing Him? That is seldom. Otherwise Krsna has become very easily available. Namo maha-vadanyaya krsna-prema-pradaya te. Even krsna-prema. But we won't take. Is it seldom?