IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

Rati

Rate this topic

Bhakti may be considered in three stages, called guna-bhuta, pradhana-bhuta and kevala, and according to these stages there are three divisions, which are called jnana, jnanamaya and rati, or prema—that is, simple knowledge, love mixed with knowledge, and pure love. By simple knowledge, one can perceive transcendental bliss without variety. This perception is called mana-bhuti. When one comes to the stage of jnanamaya, one realizes the transcendental opulences of the Personality of Godhead. But when one reaches pure love, one realizes the transcendental form of the Lord as Lord Krsna or Lord Rama. This is what is wanted.

As we have explained, in worship of the Lord there are three stages—jnana, jnanamaya and rati, or love. Sutapa and his wife, Prsni, inaugurated their devotional activities on the basis of full knowledge. Gradually they developed love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and when this love was mature, the Lord appeared as Visnu, although Devaki then requested Him to assume the form of Krsna. To love the Supreme Personality of Godhead more, we want a form of the Lord like Krsna or Rama.

The word rati is explained in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (1.3.41) as follows:

"When a tenderness of the heart is manifest, there is rati, or attachment. Those who are interested in being liberated from material bondage must manifest this tenderness called rati." This attachment is not like material attachment. When one is liberated from material contamination, the awakening of attachment for Krsna's service is called rati. In the material world there is attachment for material enjoyment, but this is not rati. Transcendental rati can be awakened only on the spiritual platform.

"These are the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead: "When one's intelligence is fully attached to My lotus feet but one does not render practical service, one has attained the stage called santa-rati, or sama. Without santa-rati, attachment to Krsna is very difficult to achieve."

Madhya 19 212.

Then Thakura Haridasa replied, "Yes, I could understand your intention and who has sent you. I knew everything. But because you have come to my shelter, I stayed here for three days just to convert you. Otherwise I would have gone the very same night from this place. So anyway, you have come to your senses. Now give up this nonsense business. Sit down here and you also chant Hare Krsna ... I am going from this place." So that prostitute became a great devotee. She also. This is the touchstone. Touchstone. This is called atma-rati.

So this is called rati. Spontaneous attraction. This is called, it has not to be taught, spontaneous. So as soon as there is spontaneous attraction to hear all about God, that will mean that we are attaining perfection in religion.

Guest guest

SP write - GURU may fall if connect with visaya disciples.

( it is forum? They write subtle ofences for Srila Prabhupada. )