IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question On chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna prabhus.

I some time start chanting and for some reason I don't complete the full round. Again next time I start fresh. So is it OK to stop the chanting in the middle. and start fresh.

Hari bol

top chart:

1)to chant constantly all day long every day of the life

2)to chant 16 rounds in the early morning without stopping

3)to chant 16 rounds in another moment of the day without stopping

4)to divide the 16 rounds in two or three groups to be chanted in two or three moments of the day without stopping

5)to stop only when a round is finished

6)to stop also in the middle but restarting at the beginning of the round

7)to stop in the middle, restarting also from the middle

the chart is a joke, the true advice is that we have to consider seriously when it is possible to avoid the 10th offence ("10) To not have complete faith in the chanting of the holy names and to maintain material attachments, even after understanding so many instructions on this matter. It is also an offense to be INATTENTIVE while chanting.") and when it is necessary to complete the number of rounds given by spiritual master even if we are tired, disattentive, unfaithful, dirty, in various mayas etc.

so it is up to us, (never too lazy, never too fanatic).. do your best but do not stop to chant hare krishna

Guest guest

And I can not complete a round in that time . Aleast I can use the time to chant even half round instead of using it on some mundane thing. I am on bus stop , bus can come any time in 2 to 5 minutes , why to wastes that time , start chanting . Of course I continue chanting on boarding the bus too . But sometime if I have to take out my money bag to pay for the trip etc , I loose the count and start gain, What is wrong in that.

Hari bol

Guest guest

Seattle

6th October, 1968

Mr. Alan Ginsberg

R.D.2 Cherry Valley

New York

My Dear Ginsberg,

Please accept my blessings. HARE KRISHNA! Mukunda has sent me a copy of the letter you

have sent him on Sept.23, 1968 and I thank you very much for your so much sympathy for this Krishna Consciousness Movement. And Krishna will certainly bestow His Mercy upon you, and I pray that you will live long for chanting HARE KRISHNA continuously. Hope this will find you all right in your health and other things.

Your ever well-wisher,

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

Guest guest

" I loose the count and start gain, What is wrong in that."

if you are not speaking of "extra rounds", elatively to your (and mine) situation and consciousness... absolutely nothing

if we were more advanced we'd feel necessary to be more accurate.. this is the sense of my previous message