IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Waking at 4.00AM

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna at all devotees

Can i ask how impotatant is it to wake early, i don't goto temple, but sometimes even though i can, i find it difficult to wake early, i listen to aarri etc on CD, could somebody inspire me? Please? pretty please with rasgullas on top.

I was given these tips by my spiritual master (All Glories to my Sporitual Master!!!!!) and it works like a charm each time for me.

1. If you want to rise early make sure you eat very light prasadam the previous night/evening. If at all you are to eat heavy then make sure it is well before bed time - at least 3-4 hours before bed-time. By doing this the lethargical feeling (which is one of the main reasons why we dont feel like waking up early) does not creep in.

2. Also make sure that u get the best hour of the sleep which happens between 10 pm and 1am. Even if you have not had enough hours of sleep for any reason then as long as u sleep between those hours your body is well rested and that also helps to wake up early.

3. My spiritual master always says that giving good rest to our body by sleeping in time is the luxury which is the easiest to enjoy. Those who work late or party late (karmiis) think they are enjoying but how can they enjoy when they are missing out on the most enjoyable part of life - a good sleep ! This thought really inspires me to make sure that i dont miss out on the simple and yet most enjoyable joys of material life - a good sleep!

i am off to bed now....for a good sleep...yaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!!!!!!!! i want to wake up early at 4.30 am and do my morning services in my home which i have turned into a small temple.

all the best

bhakti~lata

Guest guest

Hare Krishna ,

After waking up , what are the services you do to Krishna.

I was in Vrindavan this year and I took part in Mangal aarti. It was very nice experience. But what do you do at home. What I do is, I clean my self after waking up ( time is not punctual some time 5.30, some time 8.00 ) and sing the mangala aarti , even if it is 8.00. Then I sing the mahamantra and tulasi mantra.

hari bol. DEV

thankyou thats very good advice, i wrote this post by the way at 4.00am haha, so excuse the typos, i think i am being a bit lazy and need motivation, more than anything, i also did not know about that 10pm-1am -that you get best sleep at this time, hare krishna!

chanting hare-krishna mainly, listen to Guru aarti etc, offer prayers to tulasi devi, thats it, i try and follow main programme like they do in temples, but i do not have enough motivation. Motivate me!!

HARIBOL!

Guest guest

I will motivate you provided that you never again post jokes like that cow-stuff /images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL

not what I do.

Back when I was actually trying to practice Krsna consciousness, I would use a timer to turn on a tape of Prabhupada chanting japa. So I would wake up to this. Of course I had to set it up across the room so to turn it off and go back to sleep would require getting up out of bed. Also make sure the tape player is auto reverse. Now I would use my cd player but you get the idea.

Eventually I would rise and then just chant japa with Prabhupada and drink brahmi and peppermint tea prepared the night before. After a while I would read Bhagavatam. Late morning always saw me catching a couple more hours of snooze time.

Of course if you are close to a temple that is best.

and do as krishna says..

To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

i just had this verse on my click/paste button, i think i'll just leave it there...haribol!!

Guest guest

<font color="red"> Wow, it quite hard. Ive been trying for a while, but find it difficult, ive been trying to go to sleep at 9.30 but it doesnt seem to work.

People say that it is a prime time (4am)for studies and learning, so i am trying to wake up and study, but so far no luck, guess i better keep trying!

Jai shree Krishna

</font color>

but i do not have enough motivation. Motivate me!!

IF YOU DONT GET UP YOU WILL GO TO HELL, AND I WILL BE WAITING THERE TO KICK YOUR A*S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN IN HELL I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WAKE UP AT 4 IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHMUUUUAAAAHAHAAHAH

ahem....Hara Krsna

Guest guest

"but i do not have enough motivation. Motivate me!!"

in the early morning you have a mind more fresh and free for chanting hare krishna more attentively

and going at bed more early in the night you have less time to watch tv with girls more or less naked ....

but as an aspiring devotee with a job that starts in the morning and ends at 8 pm i find very austere to go at bed at 9 or 10 to rise at 4..

for me chanting and studying is another hard work, i must confess that i do not live sadhana as a joy and bliss, so i need to have , together with the job and the sadhana, some time for enjoy and relax myself and to have a relation with my wife, friends, family etc.

so i do not rise so early and i chant my 16 rounds in various moments during the day..

my problem is not the hour, i can adapt very easily my life rythm, i know it because i have lived in the temple.. the only problem is that going to bed earlier than 11/midnight cuts completely my life of relations, friendships etc.

(first motivation, then demotivation.. ) /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guest guest

I tried to wake up early several times. The result: I was sleepy during chanting, it took an enormous effort to stay awake. During the day I was morose, inattentive and sleepy. So perhaps I am a demon. Anyway.