IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Pray to any God its Ok..

Rate this topic

Many Hindu's have this view (and others), you know just do good for ppls it will be ok.

How the hell do you change their views?

its like they say i have my views and you have yours, duh.

(a good slap would do the trick)hehe

Ignore the above comment, only if you wish.

Ps I have a headache as well.

In the Bagavat gita, Krsna says men of low intelligence worship the demigods.......

Also he says those who worship the demigods go to the demigods, those who worship the forefathers go there and those who worshp ghosts go there.

Now you can tell them yes you can have a view and I can have a view but I realise my view is limited and ultimatly we must adhere to krsna's view because when we dont we suffer.

I mean I had someone tell me that they worship the demigods because they are all one anyway(not true according to the gita and quote above) Also they said I think its ok to worship Krsna's devotees(which is odd because why dont they just worship me then, or surrender to Prabhupad. They dont realise that if they worship krsna's devotees just for fruitive results its not bhakti, its bussiness) I mean if they are krsna's devotees then they would tell you to worship krsna.

Hare Krsna.

Many Hindu's have this view (and others), you know just do good for ppls it will be ok.

They say that but what is actually considered good? I mean they say and do these things to accumulate good karma or something fruitive.

WHat good have they done if they havent helped them understand they are not these bodies. What good have they done if these peopele that they "help" will continue in the cycle of birth and death and suffer again again.

So they help to gain something, if they really want to help they should help them get out of the cycle of samsara.

You will need to memorize a good number of Gita verses, particularly the ones explaining one who worships the demigods, goes to the demigods (and not to God), and how demigod worship is for the less intelligent class of people.

You will probably also have to prove how Srila Prabhupada's books are very bona fide. Many Hindus do not accept. I have a godsister who told me an interesting story about a year ago, and someday I will ask her again and get the details. But essentially it went like this:

Gour Govinda Maharaja, in his youth, had studied Bhagavad-gita in India from someone who was known as extremely expert in it. Extremely. He had understandings of the Gita no one else did. He also understood the more subtle meanings of the Sanskrit more than anyone else did. He was an excellent teacher. Later he joined the Hare Krishna movement and studied Prabhupada's books. Fast forward some time, he eventually returned to his teacher, told him about Prabhupada and showed him his books. His teacher, upon close examination, was so impressed. He said that Prabhupada understood the most subtle meanings, and various meanings, even more than he himself did! And this was a well respected Hindu teacher.

This also makes us stop to appreciate the mercy we are getting and sometimes taking for granted. Ok, I am reminding myself to be more appreciative. :-)

Yes, Reading the gita is important. Govindaram and Priita ji I think you have done great service by reminding me to read the gita. Ever since my issues I have been so submerged into my mind and problems that I never read the gita or anything from Prabhupad.

I think its time I should start again dont you think?

I have to figure out how I can memorise these quotes and use them in arguments against people in the world out there from fanatical christians to crazy "hindus"

Yes, Now I shall read the gita again which I havent read in over a year. My longest period off from reading the gita since I started reading it.

I hear there are 30 key verses in the gita.

I hope I can atleast learn them.