IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vanamali

Shaved heads for women?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

a shave your head as not to play game with the god after all many girls and woman get their head shaved.

Guest guest

Hai take examples like Uma Bharti she is CM of MP.But she didn't care went out and fullfil her vow.According to me don't take more suggestions just do it or don't do it.

If done please send pic and encourage others.

Rama C .N

Guest guest

Hai Vanamali,

Have you shaved your head? I am 28 years old woman with long hair I want to shave my head. But I have not dare enough. Please send your photoes so that I capture some dareness and shave my head.

Sneha,Hyderabad

Guest guest

My wife shave her head when she was at 30. now she is 34 but her hair is still too short before shave her hair was very long. My suggestion to you do not shave your head.

Arun Goel, Kolkatta

Guest guest

i have recently shaved my head and i felt really gr8 without hair for a change...i am 27..i suggest u go ahead and shave ur head..im from hyd too..so u can always call me.9885033763

Guest guest

hello friend, I am sneha you di not mentioned your name are you man or women? Are you joking with me? where you shaved your head in tirumala or some where send answers to my questions, now i went to my native place (Bangalore).

Guest guest

Well folks, the marriage has occured and I did not shave my head (and neither did my husband, just because of the marriage), by my mother-in-law's request. Lord Venkateshwara gave a wonderful darshan, so I guess he wasn't too displeased. We had darshan twice. Let me tell you first of all that I have never been to tirupati before because I have lived my whole life in the US.

It's a joyful feeling to go before a murti of God, but it is quite another thing to see Tirupati Balaji. He is a self-manifested murti: in other words he is not a statue, but he is the actual God having manifested himself in the tirumala hills.

When I saw Him for the first time I literally began trembling uncontrollably, tears streaming from the eyes, basically so overwhelmed emotionally and spiritually that my body started freaking out. He was so beautiful and so huge... and I felt so happy to see my Beloved at last. For those of you who don't know, you only get to see Lord Balaji for approximately 60 seconds and you are getting pushed and prodded to hurry the whole time, but one of the attendants took me aside and allowed me to have darshan for longer amount of time.

The second time we went for darshan directly after the marriage. We attended the kalyanotsavam of the Lord, and received prasad of vastrams, tulsi and large laddus. Then we proceeded to darshan of the main deity, once again getting extended darshan. Then, we went to touch the feet of the golden Lakshmi (with two down-turned hands) and coins started falling from her hand onto our heads. Then, we went to Padmavati's temple. For some reason Padmavati was not giving darshan at that time, but we got to see the Balaji there. I think the Lord had sensed that I was pining for Him more than usual after getting such a short darshan, because the moment I approached the God, the pujari gave me a flower from the Lords feet.

Maybe some of you have had similar experiences that you would like to share about the God's grace. I wonder what wonderful things he has done for you great devotees, as he has poured such unimaginable grace into the hands of such a lowly one as I, who could not even shave my head for Him.

Edukondalavada! Venkataramana! Govinda Govinda!

Guest guest

Hello Sneha,

Sorry I didn't answer your reply, I haven't been online in a long time. Yeah, I didn't shave it because my mother in law asked me not to. Also, my husband didn't shave his for the same reason. If Lord Balaji brings us back to see Him (hopefully he will) then I think I will shave it. I am so jealous of you living in India. You have the opportunity to see Lord Venkateshwara any time. I live in Kansas, United States, and it is much more difficult for me. I don't think it's important wether you shave your hair or not, but if you're just worried about what other people will think, then I say do it! Who cares what the world thinks, if you love the God and He loves you back, you will always be very happy, bald or not! Please respond, Sneha. I'm glad to hear from you. Anyway, I can try to post some pics of the marriage.

Om sri venkateshaya namah

Om sri krishnaya namah

Guest guest

hi sneha

it is really great to have this idea. iam in a similar dilemma. but now i have decidedd that i will offer my hair at tirumala. it is really good to donate ones hair completely. all your wishes will come true.

Guest guest

hai vanmalai if u have any obligation with god plz do it

if u do headshave plz make video and send me

bye

Guest guest

sneha do u have headshave now

i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

if u want any advice pl mail me

now i am in bangalore

Guest guest

my name is mohan i want to shave my head but i cant dare please send ur photos of shave to my email

Guest guest

pls send the tonsure lady images &tonsure process images. because i don,t have dare to tonsure

Guest guest

pls send the tonsure lady images & tonsure process images. because i don,t have dare to tonsure

Guest guest

Hi, Can you send me video/pictures of u and u'er wife's tonsure..I want to see and may be do it myself too..

Guest guest

Hai,

I am planning to shave my wife's head next month, we are going to tirumala and we both along with our child will offer our hair. It is not bad to shave hair. Vanamali you can go ahead with shaving.

Guest guest

I think you should go ahead to get your head tonsured.That will not only look you more beautiful to your husband but to the whole world at learge.And if you decide to finally shave your head don't forget to post photos of yours before and after shave.

bye.

cheers

Guest guest

shaving for religious or cerimonial events is bonifide tapasya (sacrifice)

Although my wife shaved her head on our pilgrimages a few times, only once was she offered insult of being low class for having done so.

She did not take offense so ladies wishing for reasons may indeed shave up.

Guest guest

I always wondered why most men like women with long hair. That's the case in nearly all cultures and religions. Hair is part of the beauty and sensuality of a female, and is part of the tools a female uses in the mating process. Nice shiny long hair is supposed to be a sign of health in most parts of the world. On the other hand it can also hide esthetical imperfections, lice and disease and can be a sign of false pride and arrogance. A headshave is therefore a sign that one has strength and selfconfidence from inside and it can be a very powerful spiritual experience. Besides that it shows the real beauty of a person, being male or female. I think everybody should be allowed to feel the strange sensation of being totally bald at least once in hers or his lifetime. I would recommend it to all. Me and my wife shaved each others head in the first year of our marriage, to show how much we loved each other. I will never forget that night.