IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How can I stop being bullied,abused and exploited ???

Rate this topic

Sorry if I misunderstood you Sephiroth. I'm a bit over anxious to challenge the kind of 'its your karma' argument that left me subject to bullying in iskcon for so long. I'm also a bit worried that Guest isn't looking at this discussion anymore because the 'just accept that you were a bad person and deserve it' camp have been a bit over anxious to get their point across. wish you all the best.

It's OK. I thought you could.

Abuse is a dangerous cycle. When a person is small, he or she may abused by adults.Because of the size, that person have no choice but to swallow it. When that person grows up, he or she never actually free from the abuse, because the effect of the abuse will always remain in his/her mind - tormenting him/her with reminder on how weak and pathetic s/he was in one point in time.

And this, in many case will lead such person to be abusive to others, particularly their own children in similar manner. Thus, the Cycle is complete and become a new Cycle.

When I said accept it as Karma, what I meant is, a person who was abused should not allow the feeling of helplessness and weak to remain in his/her mind. S/he should break free from this "torment of the mind" so s/he will not follow the same footsteps as his/her tormenter is following now, thus breaking the Cycle.

And best punishment a person could give to his/her abuser is by NOT FORGIVING such person.

Do not forgive such person for what they have done to you, choose to IGNORE them. Let them suffer in their own Sins and allow them to face their own Karma in whatever "grave" they have dug for themselves. That is Retribution which you can give them without soiling yourself with bad Karma.

Dear friend. it is not your karma, it is your fortune!!!

All people want you to reject your God. It means they know Who you must reject. And they know this better than you. So ask them to show the Person who you must reject. First of all ask them about His name, then ask them to describe His appearance for you to know Who you must reject. Do you understand me son? And for now there is only one fault of yours-you think that you are a devotee, and others are not. You can change it. Do not think about your progress and salvation. Do not ignore people. If you want me to continue, i will...

You are too nice a person.

You are attracting Energy vampires.

You are a wellwisher in the midst of uneducated half-wits who actually hanker for your association even if they do not say so.

You do not express your designs-on-life because you are investing your energies in the service of others--that is a noble sentiment. But, there will be epochs where there are no other leaders around long enough to be 'the leader'--you must consider being on your own recognizance. Such an honor system will allow for your contributions to shine.

If you are without original ideas/plans, that makes you an average joe/jane--then you should at least know: "what your job/duties/skill are". If you are sure of "what your job/duties/skill are" --then you should become independent of others.

In your life you must become "anxiety-free", this is the test that you are fullfilling your own obligations/duties without neglecting others.

So look forward to your contentment when you selfishly pursue your right to perform yourown dharma without interference from deviating parties.