IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Srimad Bhagavatam

Rate this topic

The four (catur) essential verses (sloka) of the Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB. 2.9.33–36), were originally spoken by Krsna to Brahma. You should be abe to find them on the net. I still use mostly real books /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kulapavana,

I hope you read those four verses and purports today. You can find them on-line at http://srimadbhagavatam.com

If you do, you could finish your service to Govindaram by posting the exact URL here for him.

gHari

P.S. I'm afraid you should have checked that last post too. You have yet to learn Murphy's Law: "If anything can go wrong - it will." Serving Sri Caitanya and the vaishnavas here is a good time to learn about genuine personal caring and that Murphy was a bloody genius.

Maybe i can do some service for both of

you today..radhe radhe.

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/2/

SB 1.2.17: Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, who is the Paramatma [supersoul] in everyone's heart and the benefactor of the truthful devotee, cleanses desire for material enjoyment from the heart of the devotee who has developed the urge to hear His messages, which are in themselves virtuous when properly heard and chanted.

SB 1.2.18: By regular attendance in classes on the Bhagavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed, and loving service unto the Personality of Godhead, who is praised with transcendental songs, is established as an irrevocable fact.

SB 1.2.19: As soon as irrevocable loving service is established in the heart, the effects of nature's modes of passion and ignorance, such as lust, desire and hankering, disappear from the heart. Then the devotee is established in goodness, and he becomes completely happy.

SB 1.2.20: Thus established in the mode of unalloyed goodness, the man whose mind has been enlivened by contact with devotional service to the Lord gains positive scientific knowledge of the Personality of Godhead in the stage of liberation from all material association.

http://srimadbhagavatam.com/2/9/

SB 2.9.32: All of Me, namely My actual eternal form and My transcendental existence, color, qualities and activities; let all be awakened within you by factual realization, out of My causeless mercy.

SB 2.9.33: Brahma, it is I, the Personality of Godhead, who was existing before the creation, when there was nothing but Myself. Nor was there the material nature, the cause of this creation. That which you see now is also I, the Personality of Godhead, and after annihilation what remains will also be I, the Personality of Godhead.

SB 2.9.34: O Brahma, whatever appears to be of any value, if it is without relation to Me, has no reality. Know it as My illusory energy, that reflection which appears to be in darkness.

SB 2.9.35: O Brahma, please know that the universal elements enter into the cosmos and at the same time do not enter into the cosmos; similarly, I Myself also exist within everything created, and at the same time I am outside of everything.

SB 2.9.36: A person who is searching after the Supreme Absolute Truth, the Personality of Godhead, most certainly search for it up to this, in all circumstances, in all space and time, and both directly and indirectly.