IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Myra

Stages of a Cold

Rate this topic

Stages of a Cold

How does a typical husband respond when his wife comes down with a cold?

In the first year of marriage: "Sugar Dumpling, I'm really worried about my baby girl. You've got a bad sniffle, and there's no telling about these things with all the terrible viruses that are going around these days. I'm taking you to the hospital, Dear, where I've reserved a private room for you. I know the food's lousy, so I'll be bringing your

meals in from Rozzini's. I've already made all the arrangements with the floor superintendent."

Second year of marriage: "Listen, Darling, I don't like the sound of that cough and I've called the doctor to rush right over. Now you go to bed like a good girl, and I'll take care of everything."

Third year: "Maybe you'd better lie down, Honey. Nothing like a little rest when you're feeling lousy. I'll bring you something. Do we have any canned soup?"

Fourth year: "Now look, Dear, be sensible. After you feed the kids, do the dishes, and mop the floor, you'd better get some rest."

Fifth year: "Why don't you take a couple aspirin?"

Sixth year: "If you'd just gargle or something instead of sitting around barking like a seal all night..."

Seventh year: "For Pete's sake, stop that sneezing! What are you trying to do, give me pneumonia?"

Love has a way of growing cold unless we work hard to keep it fresh and alive. That's true in our human relationships and also in our relationship with God. Our relationship with God takes the same kind of commitment and effort required for a good marriage. The difference is that even though our love for God grows and shrinks with our whims,

God's love for us never changes. He doesn't get tired of us or start taking us for granted. He loves us every day just like the first. "His love knows no measure; it is overflowing and without end". (Ephesians 2:4-5; Romans 5:8).