IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Priitaa

Radhe

Rate this topic

Haribol prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I need some advice from the assembled devotees. A very nice Hindu lady I met online and have had regular email association with, a devotee of Krishna, after many months said something that woke me up to the fact she does not understand the highest knowledge. For many months we would say Hare Krishna or similar, but then one day she said she wrote a poem in glorification of Radharani, and sent it to me. As I read the poem much of it was nice, but then something jumped out and hit my gut. It said, roughly "I love you so much Radharani that I want to become You."

Now this is a very sweet lady who I am sure this is all she knows. And I am not about to get heavy with her. I need a very subtle, round about way, to even broch the topic, as we dont really talk about philosophy but healing (Reiki). If I blow her away, and dont use this connection thru healing to carefully say something, but instead get too preachy, its all over.

Any suggestions?

here's a beautiful passage, when we please Radharani we please Krishna !

As the greatest devotee, She is also the most compassionate. She is unable to bear the suffering of the souls trapped in the material world. The word "aradhaya" (prayers) is derived from "Radha" and means "worshippable". Similarly the word "aparadha" (offenses) means "against Radha". When one performs devotional service, one is pleasing Srimati Radharani and when commits Vaishnava aparadha against Krishna or His devotees, one is offending Radharani. Srimati Radharani is the guardian, the mentor and the benefactor of all aspiring devotees. When a soul starts to inquire about Krishna, Srimati Radharani is most pleased and takes charge of his devotional advancements. As one makes progress, one continues to invoke the mercy of Srimati Radharani and when She is pleased, Krishna is automatically pleased.

bhakta mark

Guest guest

By saying that "I love you radha rani somuch that I want to become you" means she could mean that she never want to enter into this birth and death cycle and her soul wants to mingle one with Krishna. this is the meaning I could think off because many Hindus pray with this meaning in mind. So you have actually nothing to preach her or correct her. One can expect the ultimate goal to be the same but not the mode of worship or the prayer words. It may vary from individual to individual and there is nothing wrong.

It reminded me of one of my favorite verses by Sadhu-X which goes like this:

Yadda Yadda

Perhaps if she reads some appropriate sentiments they will resonate with her true desires.

Hello Priitaa Devi Dasi,

Sorry to join your thread for I am not a devotee(yet..hope and pray in the near future, God willing) and still a "baby" in terms of HK knowledge.

Just want to share what I have noticed in the Literature point of view.

When your friend wrote: "I love you so much Radharani that I want to become You."

I can see that there is something wrong with it too in the literal sense. "I want" connotes desire and "to become" shows that she wanted(?) to replace Radharani in Her position/role. However, in poetry, there is what we call the "intrinsic meaning" and literal meaning. I guess your friend is just an amateur poet and not so particular with her language and the correct use of Metonymy (substitution of noun for another closely related noun that produced a context to a reader's mind) and Personification. Though in poetry, there is suppose to have the freedom of expression, but a good writer must be very particular with the words he/she is going to use.

She maybe wanted to express that word "become" like:

"I love you so much Radharani that I want to _______ You."

___be like you

___follow

___please

and others...

Hare Krishna!

Myra

Our acharyas teach us to aspire to become servants of Radharani's servants. She simply has some misplaced sentiment and needs to be instructed by an advanced devotee who can clear her doubts. Otherwise, she's likely to cultivate sentiments that will not really cleanse her heart but contaminate it with misconceptions. Only Mahaprabhu can "become" Radharani. The best thing you could do is to get her in touch with someone who can help her. Don't heavy her out; try to understand her mind and guide her to someone who can help her out of this dangerous spot.

While I wish I could reply to each post with a 'thanks,' I just can't get to all of them. So thank you everyone, for the varigated advice. There have been some good ideas presented here, and anything that is devoid of the slightest impersonal or mayavad touch, I am appreciative of. Matter of fact, I now at least have a clue how to hanlde this. The contributions here are why. Devotee association - it is so important! Thanks.

Tho if more ideas come up, I'm still all ears. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Priitaa,

Along the lines of advice already given about going easy etc. I think you already know that and that is why you are asking here out of an abundance of caution over alienating her.

Maybe consider a very oblique approach in refering to the ultimate desire being one of servanthood to Radharani as mentioned above. Just always work this understanding into your communications with her. Supersoul will help her see the distinction as you make them.

I think sometimes we try to over-explain. While the motive is good people take it as coming from a superiority complex or overly aggressive etc.,along those lines.

I also think you really know within yourself the best way to proceed. If you didn't you would have just responded right of with some heavy "But vaisnava shastra says...blah blah blah" line. But you didn't because you know better.

Good luck

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Is there a difference between a pentaghost or a baptist who try to convert others calling himself and saying that only their philosopies of God are right and all others are wrong and your mentality to feel that you are right based on yoru school of thoughts and all others are absolutely wrong because they dont follow your school of thoughts. I have been visiting this site for the past 10 days and find thhat most of you act like as though you guys are theonly perfect people and devotee of Lords which is not as evidenced by the ego expressed by confrontatins i see in some of the forums among yourselves. What is the difference between your school of mentality and other fanatic christian or muslim mentality in calling themself as perfect and call others as imperfectionist.

I am not perfect, but I would like to say that believing in one thing necessarily means objecting to its opposite. This is common sense.

In the world of science, to take a crude example, belief in Darwinian evolution means rejecting Lysenko's theory of acquired traits. Similarly, belief in a spherical Earth necessarily means rejecting the "flat-Earth" superstitions of medieval Europe. No one would argue that belief in one and rejection of the other is fanatical.

So it is too with religion. For many, religion is simply a hobby, a way to do things so as to indicate one's uniqueness compared to others, or even a means by which to socialize with like-minded inviduals. However, religion really means searching for spiritual Truth. No one wants to waste their time believing in a subjective God. Lovers of the truth will necessarily look for a God concept which is consistent with authoritative modes of evidence (pramAna-s) while rejecting God-concepts which are not. This is only natural and to be expected.

Raghu

Guest guest

A few posts were removed to start a new thread, as theist had suggested the idea deserved a thread of it's own, and they were a distraction from your original post. The new thread with the posts suggesting moving it can be found here

I am my Kanha's lover and wife and He is my lover and Husband.

I am His Rani and Radha

And Radhe ! Oh the sweetest one... well next to Krshna of course,

I am simultaneously one with and different from Her - Radhe Radhe ! My Divine Mother.

Oh K R S H N A !!!