IndiaDivine.org

Killing others

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am doing a school report on hinduism. I am very interested on hinduism and want to be able to understand it better. I want to know is there any thing against killing another humanbeings if a god tells you to, but you feel that it is wrong. Should you listen to the god or follow your heart

I don't know much about Hinduism. But we can easily see in the Bhagavad-gita that Krsna(God) is telling Arjuna to do his duty while hearing Krsna's words and to stand and fight.

Arjuna was a warrior who was inclined not to fight against the other side because some of his teachers and relatives were in the opposing party.

But Krsna wanted him to fight. So He explains to Arjuna why Arjuna should fight under His(God's) direction, giving up all mundane or material sentiments and simply obey the Lord.

It is a very deep topic and I have only scratched the surface of what the Bhagavad-gita is about. Others here can take it much farther.

Bhagavad-gita is basically accepted by all hindus as a central text so I would suggest for your report that you concentrate on it. If you try to take in all of what goes by Hinduism at once you will find that it is extremely vast and not possible in several lifetimes. I don't think your teachers will accept such a delay. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck

Hare Krsna

• 2 years later...

Killing is wrong. If there is a war and your fighting for good then it is permitted. But eating meat killing others for no reason is a deeeeeeep sin which is almost undoable. Just find out the main ethics of hinduism. You must mention that is actually called the Sanatan Dharma not hinduism as it's called. Go on all these websites about hinduism, they will giv you much knowledge. http://www.swaminarayan.org

It's a sect of hindusim which i believe in. They also mention hinduism overall i think.