IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

What is th best way

Rate this topic

Hare krsna everyone. This haridham again.

I love this site by the way.

I have a question though.

I just got married last march and my wife isnt a devotee but i told her from the beggining that i am in iskcon etc. There is quite a unique story behind this which i will post later.

Now my question is what is the best way i can help her experiance the wonderful bliss of krsna consciousness. I have grown up in the movement. Since i was 9 i mean although an outsider krsna consciousness has ruled my life.

From book distribution, bus tours, associating with devotees, car washes, and many other projects.

I mean she has started to chant a couple of rounds which is good and right now she is in madagascar so i know i cant do much but how can i let her experiance what i have experianced.

I dont want to force her

Hare krsna.

Haridham

Thank you prabhuji.

I think the most important thing is that i have to be patiant and show by example.

She is from a guju(soni) background but lucky for me krsna gave me a wife who hates the sonis as much as i do. lol.

We have a very interesting story going on with our marriage right now. Just a like a good 1980's hindi movie.

I might post if people like.

Hare krsna

Haridham

Be patient with her. Leave books lying around the house (once you get here there), possibly Krishna Book or something you think she may enjoy (and remember, that may be something different than what you are attracted to.)

Don't shove anything down her throat. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sometimes in our overzealousness, or at least excitement, we think the other person will feel what we feel, if only we can express it to them. To a dgree yes, but with excitement its easy to keep going on and on and on. So sense control is required here.

I have known many where only one person in the marriage was a devotee, but those who were patient and did not criticize their partner or put them down, yet gradually, politely played maybe one Prabhupada lecture (listen to it first and pick a mellow one), or left one small book on the living room table, etc., and did not cross examine their spouse if they liked it or not, now their spouse is a devotee too. Those who became impatient and pushy, were too often the looser.

Hope this helps.