IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Different Bodies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Can someone please tell me what are the different gross and subtle bodies that the soul uses as vehicles? According to the Vedic knowledge…

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Let me clarify my question. I know there are other kinds of bodies in every man. For example, I heard about the Astral Body. Can someone tell me how many bodies there are, that are covering the soul. And how all this works according to Vedic knowledge?

Hare Krishna

R u the same Guest that asked

what the Mind is?

I don't think you'll be satisfied,

with any answer..

You sound like a Atheist to me..

please could you confirm?

sorry if I am wrong.

I need some sleep..catch ya later.

Where do you get off accusing someone as being an atheist?

And even if this person is an atheist, so what? That is between them and God.

It strikes me as an honest and natural question.

Dear guest,

I only understand it from a very simplifed viewpoint.

We, the conscious beings, are composed of spiritual energy. By constitution we are eternal and individual in nature. Presently we have directed our consciousness into a dream like state which is composed of material energy which manfests in gross and subtler states.

What we call the subtle body is composed of mind, intelligence and false ego. This takes a certain form depending on its state at any one time.

The grosser body develops around the subtle body's form that it held at the moment of death for our last gross body.

The subtle body remains with us from gross body to gross body, but changing form along the journey.

This is called reincarnation. Kinda like going from one dream body to the next.

This process of experiencing one dream after another is ended when we the soul wake up to our eternal nature and function as loving servants of God.

We the souls, have a choice of living in this dream state or in the awakened state. That awakened state is called Krishna Consciousness.

So there is us, the soul.

Around the soul is the subtle body.

Around the soul and the mind there is the gross or physical body composed of the transformed food we take in and metabolize.

For a much more detailed explanation of the nature of the subtle body go to the thread on the mind under spiritual discussions. Then read the nice post by Gurudas. See you there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did not see the atheist remark!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I need to be more careful when responding to some of these posts. I was only thinking about the barrage of questions that we get from guests who then argue with the answers.

I apologize for not being more careful and for any offense made. The forums can be such a difficult place sometimes - just like the rest of the material world!! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

This should by my motto in life:

--------------------

<font color="red"> Sri Radha-Krishna harinama is the cure </font color> (anti-virus)

<font color="red"> criticizing is the disease </font color> (virus)

I had a bad fall today,

I know why as well..

Radhe Radhe.

Sorry about this...(he he)

--------------------

<font color="red"> Sri Radha-Krishna harinama is the cure </font color> (anti-virus)

<font color="red"> criticizing is the disease </font color> (virus)

<font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="orange"> KRISHNA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="orange"> KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE HARE

</font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="blue">RAMA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE </font color> <font color="blue"> RAMA RAMA RAMA </font color> <font color="red"> HARE HARE </font color>

-------

<font color="red"> nitai-gauranga, nitai-gauranga </font color>

<font color="red"> jayasacinandana, gaura-hari </font color>

<font color="blue"> All glories to Lord Nityananda and Lord Caitanya!

</font color> <font color="blue"> the son of Saci-devi, who is Krsna Himself in golden hue.

</font color>

---<font color="brown">

By the mercy of the Spiritual Master one receives the benediction of Krsna, without the grace of the Spiritual Master one cannot make any advancement at all, therefore I should always remember and praise the Spiritual Master, at least 3 time's a day, I should offer my respectful obeisance's unto the lotus-feet of my Spiritual Master.

</font color>