Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What's in a Name?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri Vakrathunda mahaakaaya kotisuryasamaprabha

nirvighnam kurume deva subhakaryeshu sarvadaa

I am sorry prabhu you have misquoted me here

I have not implied any where that two entity who share the same name can be the same person

Where and when did I say this?

“It was your way of explaining away a statement in Upanishad that Shiva sambhu rudra mentioned here are actually referring to Vishnu because these are also names of Vishnu’’

My question followed from here.please note I am not changing the subject. I had asked you, if you consider these names, Shiva, Sambhu, Rudra to be Lord Vishnus names than would you chant them. Please do not pay lip service, you should chant these names without any reservation but if you think these names are only relevant for you to explain away statement in the shastra than sorry I will not buy this.

Now how did you concoct from the above question , that my coclusion is, that they share the same name therefor they are the same person (the fact that they are the same is a different matter, and as such there is no question of sharing which in it self implies duality)

I have always maintained that supreme personality to be with unlimited qualities, different function and different names and because they are one that’s why those names like sambhu Shiva rudra are mentioned in Vishnu shatranaaam, and not the other way round as your question imply.

For the record the rant and rave you had was, with Rudraksha nothing to do with me

You have labeled me a saviates, but the fact is I do not belong to any camp I am simply trying to reach out to sweet lord who has thousand of names who is not limited in any shape or form.Iam not an impersonalist.

Krishna would respond to anyone, just as a parent would to a child, so will the sweet lord, just cry.

Ajamil when he called out to narayan he was only addressing to his child so even if I cry out to Shiva than he should respond cause that is also his name.I may ask you in this context What is in a name?

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

I don't feel like rehashing recent history since you have already changed it all in your mind in true revisionist fashion. And far as answering your question, I will be happy to. After, ofcourse, you have answered all of the questions and evidences I have presented to you on a point-by-point basis.

Guest guest

This thread that you have started, grossely misrepresent me.

I am only trying to correct your deliberate error.

Even a child should be able to answer what you had asked.

You have an audacity to accuse me of changing my mind, when it is you who is misrepresenting me .Is this your way of dogging my question?

I have all along been consistent in my belief. I have not changed one iota. At least I practice what I preach. You on other hand quote shastra to win your argument in your mind and when question become difficult, you misquote, to dodge it

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

yeah right, whatever

Krishna defeated Shiva on the battlefield and this was described in the Bhaagavatam. I don't recall you giving any kind of coherent response to that point, other than to stubbornly assist that Vishnu and Shiva are exactly the same inspite of the this and other contradictory evidence.

Guest guest

I may not have given coherent response to your point, but at least I have not misrepresent you any where.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

I may not have given coherent response to your point,

Precisely. You admit to evading my questions and evidence. Now you complain about something else entirely.

Either stay and have an intellectual discussion or leave and keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. It seems like every few weeks, some self-appointed Hindu know-it-all has to come around and teach us the true understanding of Hinduism. And every time they whine and throw temper tantrums when they come to realize they don't know half as much as they think they do. You are no different.

Guest guest

re

(Precisely. You admit to evading my questions and evidence. Now you complain about something else entirely.)

on this thread your question is mirepresenting me so i have every right to complain

re

(Either stay and have an intellectual discussion or leave and keep your self-righteous opinions to yourself. It seems like every few weeks, some self-appointed Hindu know-it-all has to come around and teach us the true understanding of Hinduism. And every time they whine and throw temper tantrums when they come to realize they don't know half as much as they think they do. You are no different)

i would not like to stoop to your intellingence,if i stay or go is not up to you.

It is quite clear you have a hate for those Hindus who do

not agree with you,therefor there is no point to discuss any further.Temper tantrums are in your mind nothing do with me

Jai Shree Krishna