IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Good Memory (Vedic way)

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Is there a easy way to remember? recall from memory, a trick, how do Bhakta's/Mata's do it?

i.e verces from the Bhagavad Gita etc

I can extract some verces from my tiny brain, but I need help in not only remembering, but putting these verces into practical application, I don't want to be like a computer, I hope people know what I am saying....Haribol!

on a vedic note: conserve semen...

on personal note: there is a nice book how to remember names, dates etc... it is uses technik through assosiation - like hindu word

"dute" - milk, you associate with with "one dude brougth me milk" etc..

and to conclude - you can store unlimited information in your brain, because it is not brain stores information, it is more like a soul.

So there is no imaninable shelf in a head which stores informationand at one point get filled up and no more information fits inside.

i have memory for everything.. faces, cars, guitars, computers, prices, roads.. except for the spiritual names of the devotees

when i approach a devotee, many times i hide this thing with a joke: "hare krishna maharaja..", "nice soul", "professor..", "pandit..", "brother", "master..", "reverend..."

is not it a big disgrace?

Hare Krishna

Same here /images/graemlins/smile.gif I can remember faces, but always forget names, I am tactless, so I just come straight out with it "what's your name again?!",

Thanks Subala for that it's very nice, that information can be stored unlimitedly in the soul!, I never thought of it like that, still doesn't solve the problem though!

Take optimal care of the brain and depend on Supersoul. You know what He helps us forget can be seen as another form of mercy.

To remember Krsna, and for us, especially at the time of death, is the perfection of memory.

it is a people skill technik, people skills can be used to preach.

Imagine 2 scenarious

You meet one person and talk about Krishna for 10 min and by the end of conversation you forget his name (and have to ask again)

You meet one person and talk about Krishna for 10 min and 1 year later you meet him again and still remember his name. This person will be very much flattered and positivly disposed to you and your message.

Most important sound people like to hear is - sound of their own name (guess where we took it from - from Krishna - he also has this tendency - He LIKES to hear His name from somebody else!!!!)

In any case I will find a book name for you. how to remember peoples names.