IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sinimat

Maintaining health

Rate this topic

I have a sincere question about maintaining one's health. I in very good health now and I regularly practice some hatha yoga in the morning, just to keep flexibility in my body. However, I've been getting the feeling that it's not really important. The Gita says to just surrender unto Krishna. So, if for some reason, I am supposed to get some disease, should I just surrender unto Krishna, accept it as some sort of tapas or pennance. Or, should I try to maintain good health in order to prevent some diseases? I understand that Krishna's Will will be done no matter what, so if I am going to get some disease, I will get it no matter what I try to do to prevent it. Also, it seems that by trying to maintain good health, I am attached to the material body. Do these questions seem clear- I'm having a hard time wording this. Your advice would be appreciated. Hare Krishna!

The statements against hatha-yoga are in terms of seeing it as a viable means for self realization in this age. It is not. Just chant.

But Prabhupada said it was ok as a "hobby." You know some stretching, asanas'and even pranayama is a wonderful excercise program.

One of my many regrets was not continuing to practice some hatha-yog.

The body belongs to Krsna. It is a tool in His service. It is also a valuable gift to aid in your attempts to become God conscious. In this way it should be respected.

Maybe play a soft bhajan to accompany your salute to Surya.

All yoga teachers should be Krsna conscious. No need to stop teaching or practicing this wonderful art/excecise form.

I especially wouldn't listen to any 50lbs overweight ghee soaked devotee telling me to stop. It's just envy.

To your health,

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

My simple philosophy of good health is to keep my liver in good health. I take the ayurveda product Liv.52 by the Himalaya USA herbal company to cleanse my liver and keep in good condition. My dad used to take it all the time and I just carry the tradition. The benefits of Liv.52 - Himalaya liv52 are so good, that I thought I will share this with you guys. If you are from India, I am sure you know about it.

Shankar Rajan

The body is the instrument you need to transcend the mind just as the car is the instrument you need to get to office or elsewhere. You keep your car in good shape so why should you not extend the same courtesy to your body ? If it is of any comfort to you - Patanjali who is considered the father of yoga has included Asanas as his third part of his eight part approach to realisation.