IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The hard knot in the heart is tied

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The whole material world is hankering after sex. That is the basic principle of hankering. Pumsah striya mithuni-bhavam etam. Mithuni-bhavam means sex. Whether you look at the human society or the animal society or the bird society or the insect society, everywhere you will find that sex is very prominent. That is the materialistic way of life. A boy is hankering after a girl, a girl is hankering after a boy; a man is hankering after a woman, a woman is hankering after a man, This is going on.

As soon as the man and woman unite, the hard knot in the heart is tied. Tayor mitho hrdaya-granthim ahuh. They think, "I am matter, this body. This body belongs to me. This woman or man belongs to me. This country belongs to me. This world longs to me," That is the hard knot. Instead of transcending the bodily concept of, life, they become still more implicated. The situation becomes very difficult. Therefore Krishna recommends in Bhagavad-gita that if you are at all interested in practising yoga and mediation, trying to rise to the transcendental platform, you must cease from sex. In the present age that is not possible. So in our method, Krishna consciousness, we don't say, "Stop sex." We say, "Don't have illicit sex." Of course, what to speak of transcendental life, giving up illicit sex is a requirement of civilized life. In every civilised society there is a system of marriage, and if there sex outside of marriage, that is called illicit sex. That is never allowed for people in any civilized society, what to speak of those trying for transcendental life. Transcendental life must be purified of all mental and bodily concepts of self.