IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Yuga's

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Anyone know how many cycles of Yuga's we have been through,

the dinosaurs came and went, humans became shorter, will become shorter (pigmy), just wondering, also Lord Brahma lives for 311 trillion years!, so what is his age, how does he live for 100 years (in Bramaloka time), does that mean he will be 126 when he 'dies'. Just contemplating /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lord Brahma lives for 100 years. Right now, it is the first day of the 51st year of Lord Brahma. There are 1000 revolutions of the four yugas in one kalpa (i.e. one day of Lord Brahma). Also, there are 14 Manus in one Kalpa. So, there are 1000/14 i.e. a little over 71 cycles of the four yugas during the reign of one Manu. In the current kalpa, the reigns of 6 Manus have already been over. Of the current i.e. 7th Manu, the 27th cycle of the yugas is going on. Of this cycle, Satya yuga, Treta yuga, and Dwapar yuga are already over. The Kali yuga started in 3102 B.C.

How did you get the number 126?

Hare Krishna

Well Lord Brahma was never a baby, he just took birth, and devtas age to 26 and then stop for time being or somthing, so Lord Brahma I assumed in my small brain must have been born 26!, for some reason I know I'm wrong, but to carry on the thread I started, I won't delete this post /images/graemlins/grin.gif