IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Humility is not Hypocrisy -- It is the Outburst of Emotions of his Heart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Seeing the excessive humility of the devoteees and doubting its genuine nature, some people may say, "This is hypocrisy."

However,this is a big mistake.

Sriman Gaurachandra, in His abhimana, or role, as servant of Krishna, considered Himself lower than a blade of grass. Holding the necks of the devotees,

He used to cry and beg for krsna-bhakti:"I am very wretched and lowly.please bestow your mercy uoon Me." When He used to speak this kakuti,earnest entreaty, even extremely stone-like hearts would melt, and streams of tears would be seen in the eyes that were normally like iron.

If a person sees such a sight with his own eyes, he will not perceive the humility of the vaisnava as hypocrisy. Rather ,he will be able to observe the innermost bhavas of the devotee, which have emerged from his heart with the great intensity of the passion of bhakti.

---------Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura : Sri Gaudiya Patrika issue 3/3

Guest guest

Kaviraja Goswami is the

crest jewel of paramahamsas. In Caitanya Caritamrita

He says:

“I am worse than a worm in the stool. I am more

sinful than Jagai and Madhai. Please don’t utter

my name, as you will lose all your auspiciousness.”

This is the real vaisnava attitude.

If Krsna were here we would be most humble in His glorious presence, dwarfed by His magnificence.

When we are not that humble, then surely He cannot be here; or at least we are not aware of His presence - since we are too busy being rulers of all that we survey.

Humble is our true state, all other levels of pride are mere concoctions. Quite suffice it is just to BE ......... an eternal servant of Sri Krsna.

Gaurahari

Guest guest

We are unfortunate that we no longer se such humility in the modern vaisnava society. Everyone is busy trying to display and glorify his own qualities:"I chant one lakh of names.Oh,my conduct is very pure, I am a great devotee." Such egoistic statements have become the sole testimony of Vaisnavism in present times.

Nowadays people no lnger offer dandavat naturally and with simple heart. When two persons meet,they generally spend the whole time meant for offering dandavat in thinking:"Should I first offer him dandavat?" And eventually one greets the other simply by saying "Dandavat."

Seeing all these inauspicious signs, it is feared that the near future the influence of Kali future the influence of Kali will also enter into Vaisnava society.

----Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura

Translated from Sri Gaudiya Patrika,issue 3/3

Guest guest

What are we proud of? We are repeatedly being trapped in great illusions. At every moment we are degrading; at every step there is a dreadful calamity. Still, we remain proud.

That personality who came to this world to preach nama, and who could not satisfy Himself even by chanting hari-nama constantly,declared;" My misfortune is such that i do not have any attachment for nama."

We by contrast,think that simply by chanting one nama once, we have developed extreme attachment for it. This is reason for great repentance, so why is it that we still maintain such evil-mindedness?

Let us all come together. Completely giving up all types of hypocrisy, let us make our lives meaningful by experiencing the humility that is the hallmark of Vaisnavism, the very behavior of Sri Gauranga, and the ornament of a devotee's life.

-----ibid