IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Sai Baba

Rate this topic

<font color="blue"> Hare Krishna </font color>

I am a 'Hindu'<excuse me! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif, and my family has had a picture of 'bhagavan satya sai baba' for about 20-30 years now, but after going through the 'folio part IIII (This time it personal!), I noticed Srila Prabhupada talking with disciples etc that sai baba is a fake due to his calling himself bhagavan and him NOT being a devotee of KRSNA!.

So what should I do with this picture having paid respects to it nearly all my life, I am so confused, and still scared in case I incur sin..

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There is no sin incurred for rejecting those who are not bonafide devotees.

To pose oneself as God is a great offense to the Lord. While instructing his disciples to follow Gita and do bhakti, he ultimately instructs them that the object of that worship and bhakti is himself.

If you still feel hesitant to remove the picture, then give it to someone who is a devotee of Satya Sai Baba, or put it in a Satya Sai Baba temple.

Yes, replace it with a picture of Bhagavan Sri Krsna. How can you go wrong with a picture of Krsna. Everyone agrees Krsna is Bhagavan. Of that there is no controversy.

You may also agree at some time that Srila Prabhupada is His devotee and choose to include his picture as well.That would be very pleasing to Krsna as he is never apart from His devotees. That at your own pace, inspiration and inclination of course.

Do you have a favorite picture of Krsna? They are all attractive so you cannot go wrong.I like the one that shows He and Radha entwined. I think it is called tri-bhangam bhangam? Is that right? Please correct me JNdas and let me know the exact meaning.

<font color="blue"> Hare Krishna </font color>

Please don't misundersand me I am NOT devoted to sai baba NEVER have been, just thought he was a devotee, Not God

I have always like Sri Rama/Hanuman/Krishna, I also do have Srila Prabhpada picture (how could you think I didn't?!), sorry but I was really offending by that (my heart), but I think you were speaking for other people /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I have lot of pictures of Radha-Krishna in 'my' house, and maha-mantra stickers, fridge magnets /images/graemlins/grin.gif, calendars, I think will give away picture of sai baba (maybe) cause don't think my mum would like it, so just leave it for now, plus my family like Krishna more because of hearing LOUD!! chanting of maha-mantra on surround-sound dolby pro-logic speakers /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am sorry Govindaram. I didn't notice it was you. I thought for some reason it was posted by an anonymous guest. I am a brain damaged individual who always seems to speak before thinking. Please excuse me.

<font color="blue"> Hare Krishna</font color>

Forget it man, just chant hare-krshna with feeling, maybe I am feeling bit sensitive or something, misunderstanding seem to happen a lot on this forum, theres a story about it but I can't remember. Its so easy to offend people in Kali-Yuga the best bet in just to say 'shut your face prabhu otherwise I'll put maha-prasadam down your throat'...if I can find any!

It better have some tulsi leaves on it or there might be trouble.

It's just the nature of this mode of communication. I simply

didn't see your name and assumed it was a guest. That is the sum of it. Imperfect senses.

Guest guest

The thing u should do now atleast is to read scriptures and understand the qualities of god.U get a form of human being after 8.4 million births and the human form is the only way to get moksha because through no other form one is able to pray.If u loose this birth without getting moksha u will fall into the 8.4 million cycle.Please try to make use of this birth.Forget whatever u have done in ur life,it was all due to the wish of god(ParaBrahman).Try to find a guru who can put u in the right path towards Lord Purushottam Narayan(ParaBrahman).

Please introduce urself to me so that i can help u more at "atha012@ec.auckland.ac.nz"