IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

where homos come from

Rate this topic

I have a theory about where homos come from. A homo is a man with the mentality of a woman. Therefore, my idea is that a homo is a man who was a woman in his last life who was thinking about a man she loved at the time of death and consequently became a man even though she liked being a woman.

As such, the woman became a man in her next life even though she really wanted to be a woman. That is why you have a female mentality in a male body. It was all an unfortunate result of a woman thinking about a man at the time of death and taking on a male form even though the real desire of the living entity was to be female.

The opposite case is where lesbians come from.

Guest guest

yeah, i've always thought that too. but, scientists say it has to do with the genes or a chemical imbalance in the brain. we can never know for sure.

there lies the soul, the actual person. It is interesting to try and trace out certain mentalities, to try and understand how the subtle body shifts and changes shape and the repercussions that may engender.(pardon the half a pun)

So many of us oppose gay marriages and especially in a religious setting like a temple. Myself I take that stance. But still we must remember that Prabhupada established those temples for all and no one should be excluded from attending. That includes being subtley *vibed* out also. Remembering where the soul comes from, Krsna, we should act accordingly.

They shouldn't impose their habits and lifestyle on Krsna conscious institutions and those institutions shouldn't exclude them from participating in feasting and chanting.

The thing is I see the results of their continued pushing this issue up in devotees faces is either they will be banned or most of the family congregation and others will leave. No winners.

Guest guest

Homosexuality is a natural human trait that is the result of a person of a particular gender reincarnates as a person of the opposite gender. Such people must adjust to their new gender and sexuality at an early age. Former girls who are reborn as boys may wish to dress as girls or prefer to play with girls rather than boys. Former boys who are reborn as girls may wish to dress as boys or prefer to play with boys rather than girls. Former men who are reborn as women will be attracted to women and will therefore be lesbian. Former women who are reborn as men will be attracted to men and will therefore be gay. (Dr. Ian Stevenson)

http://near-death.com/experiences/research35.html

joy

i don't know about these theories but i emphasize the point that we should be very tolerant with gay/lesbian devotees because i feel really bad for them when i read some homophobic stuff on message boards...

I have a few devotee friends who are very sincere and i think it's already very difficult for them to be Gay or lesbian. so they need help and encouragment , not pointing fingers.

Guest guest

Actually there is no difference as all are children of God.We must love God and spirit souls unconditionally.

Nothing is "wrong" , some things that we do fastens our spiritual growth and some don't.One day all will become pure in heart.

Haribol!

joy

In my view, homosexuality is a minor issue, because it is another type of conditioning of this material world.

As we try to give up the attraction to the opposite sex, the homosexuals should give up the attraction to the same sex.

As far as I know, the attraction and repulsion and also the sexuality of the human being lies in a small almond shaped structure called amygdala in an area called limbic system in the brain.

The amygdala is the reason why we have the urge to the biological mating process also it controls many flight or fight mechanisms.

The amygdala is and can be controlled by the prefrontal cortex with its connection to it ... this is proven in the research conducted by Mario Beauregard1, Johanne Lévesque, Pierre Bourgouin1.

Their research can be found here:

http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/21/18/RC165

The homosexuality is just a rush toward the same sex due to the confusion in amygdala. Even though new research has to prove this, this is a valid hypothesis.

So, it is wise to dwell on the nature of the soul rather than the body, because what body you get into depends on soul's karma which is controlled by maya and not the soul. So, why should we dwell into matters that have no importance?

I fear to think what will happen to people in their next life when they realize that they have become into what they have so despised.

I think that they would become into such miserable creatures because they are constantly thinking about such creatures and despising them.

As my beloved krishna has always said , whatever you think of when you die, you will certainly attain that . If we keep thinking about homosexuals then we will surely attain their status in our next life.

This is not an insult, but a simple explanation of the truth.

Guest guest

This is my first time on this site and I am frankly amazed at the ignorance and not very well disguised homophobia towards our fellow beings.Is this the underlying feeling of all Krishna followers?

Guest guest

Srila Guruvani Maharaja is not our founder acharya nor our temple president, he is speaking for himself

Welcome

That it is a material attachment that the soul must ultimately transcend to reach God. He says that about all sexual attachment along with any attachment for material life in its varied forms.

To join the Hare Krsna movement you just have to start chanting Hare Krsna. Gay or straight all must come to love God.

To be accepted as his personal disciples he was strict from our viewpoint. Sex was for begetting children only.

He had and has many disciples that were once practicing homosexuals until they decided they would rather live as his disciples. They took vows of celibacy and he accepted them. Sometimes they would break their vows and go away. He would ALWAYS accept them back.

A very kind soul.

I hope I have given some small sense. have you read any of his books?

Guest guest

Many thanks for your reply which was posted earlier.Can you tell me though, in the teachings,....was there any discrepencies between heterosexual and homosexual followers in the respect of the way they were seen/treat?I may seem to be pushing this point but it is one of several that I feel are important in understanding some basics in the Krishna following.Kind Regards, Dee.

Hi Dee,

I assume you mean by His Divine Grace himself. No he is on a level of realization where he sees all living beings as spiritsoul. terms like homo or heterosexual only relate to the temporary material body. In a similar way the mind sets also change. The homosexual in this birth may be a celibate monk in his next or a infamous womanizer.

You should know that I am just a friend to Krsna's devotees and not a disciple let alone a close disciple. These things are just very clear from his books.

I did know one of his earliest and closest disciples who was gay(there were others). Prabhupada let him serve as his personal servant which was a very high honor and sought after by many. I never heard of him accepting or rejecting someone on such a basis. He was looking for sincerity in service.

This being said however he was clearly opposed to religious sanction of gay marriages. Its just that he could see the difference between a certain behavior and the actual person, meaning the soul. He spoke and wrote little that is recorded on the subject. But what he did is very clear.

To anyone, is there an on-line version of lilamrta? If so would you post the link for Dee? Thanks.

Dee this is an autobiography of Prabhupada's life that i know you would enjoy and it would help you get more of a feeling for what his life was and his character as well.

Glad you checked back in.

Guest guest

While I can not be sure of your location I am guessing that wherever you are it's not very late as you are gave a very informative reply!!!!!I appreciate your time and promise to look into what you have written in more detail with interest very soon.I am more comforted by your words and am more open to readig Krishna than perhaps I was earlier by seeing other threads.My thanks go out to you and goodnights,it's been a long day;0)Thanks again for your time and attention,Dee.

Happy to be of some service. Goodnight Dee.

ps I'm on the west coast so its still early. plus I hurt my ankle last week and have been house bound for 6 days. that accounts for my huge computer time.

Hare Krsna