IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Music That Makes You Weep

Rate this topic

I just wanted to share something beautiful with the members here. It is the music of Lisa Lynne Franco. Let me first say that I am not advertising something here that I stand to make a profit from. I have nothing to gain financially by this music review.

I first heard the music of Lisa Lynne at an arts and crafts festival held yearly in my hometown of High Springs, Florida. I was very captivated by the deep moodyness of the harp and flute music. The first thing I thought of when I heard her celtic harp along with the wooden flute of George Tortorelli was that Radharani plays a stringed instrument and Krishna plays a flute. I thought that this combination of instruments was absolutely sublime.

I bought a CD at their booth that day. When I got home with it I retired to my room and put it in my computer to play it. Immediatly, I was plunged into a deep emotional state of the sweetest sorrow and wept pitifully for several hours that night as I listened to the CD over and over again.

No music had ever done that to me before. Nothing had ever done that to me before. I don't play the CD very often now because of the deep emotional state that it puts me into when i hear it. Tonight, I played the CD again, and again I was plunged into an emotional sweet sorrow and started to weep.

I just wanted to share this music with those out there that might also appreciate this very deep harp and flute music that might be somewhat reflective of the musical combination of Radha's stringed instrument and Krishna's flute.

The CD I have is entitled "Love and Peace" by Lisa Lynne Franco and George Tortorelli.

Posted Image

Here is a nice picture of Lisa Lynne on another of her CDs.

Posted Image

You can find her music on the internet by doing a search on her name. She has a web site. Her CDs can be purchased over the internet or in some music stores. I highly recommend this wonderful harp and flute music as background music for chanting japa and looking at images of Radha-Krishna.

I highly recommend the Love and Peace CD as it is only the bamboo flute and harp music. I heard the samples on the web page but I think the Love and Peace album is the best album to start with.