IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

does Krsna chant ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I read that Krsna have a 108 beads mala and chant while cowherding.

What does he chant ? the maha mantra ? why ? to be an example ?

Sunanda

Sunanda: I read that Krsna have a 108 beads mala and chant while cowherding.

What does he chant ? the maha mantra ? why ? to be an example?

According to Srila Rupa Goswami, "jayatah sadhyankitah prestha-bhidhanam manur adbhutah": The wonderful sacred Mantra He chants is the name of His dearmost Radharani.

Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu chants the holy names of Krishna, especially the Hare Krishna maha-mantra: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Have you had a chance to read Sri Chaitanya-charitanrita yet? If not, I strongly recommend that you plan to do so sometime soon.

Guest guest

In the Srimad Bhagavatam it is also stated that Krishna chants the names of groups of cows He wants to call back in the evening.

Srila Prabhupada nicely explains in Krishna book that there are 108 groups of cows and they all have a name depending on the body color, head type, etc and Krishna chants their names on this mala.

that both Krishna and Balarama were initiated by Gargamuni in the Gayatri mantra but now I can not find where I read this.

Lord Krsna and His brother set the perfect example in that one must accept instruction from and serve a bona-fide spiritual master to advance in spiritual life. So that would include chanting.

Guest guest

Just curious...but no big deal....why does Krsna (in all of the pictures I've seen) have a Gaudiya tilak? Is it because they were drawn/painted by ISKCON/Gaudiya Vaisnavas?

Haribol.

Guest guest

When and where does Mahaprabhu chant, "Gopi,gopi,gopi..."Someone tried to disturb Him ?

Guest guest

In reply to:

Just curious...but no big deal....why does Krsna (in all of the pictures I've seen) have a Gaudiya tilak? Is it because they were drawn/painted by ISKCON/Gaudiya Vaisnavas?

Krishna instructs Uddhava in the 11th canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, on the process of deity worship:

11.27.32. My devotee should then lovingly decorate Me with clothing, a brahmana thread, various ornaments, marks of tilaka and garlands, and he should anoint My body with fragrant oils, all in the prescribed manner.

From this, why would Krishna not want to have tilaka when we know that His deity form and Himself are none different?

Also you know about the pastime of Krishna's headache? He said that the only way His headache could be cured is that He gets dust from His devotee's lotus feet on His head. The gopis very quickly gave Him some dust. Tilaka is also taken from places where gopis walked on. That's why it is called gopi-candana.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

In reply to:

When and where does Mahaprabhu chant, "Gopi,gopi,gopi..."Someone tried to disturb Him ?

From what I vaguely remember in Vrndavan-das thakura's Caitanya-Bhagavata the first time Mahaprabhu chanted gopi,gopi,gopi was just before He took sannyasa. He was in some ecstatic mood and some offenders saw Him chanting this 'mantra' and they immediately reported to other envious people.

He got ridiculed, and that's what made Him take sannyasa so that people would take Him seriously. Caitanya Mahaprabhu clearly states that of all devotees of Krishna, the gopis are the topmost and of all gopis Srimati Radharani is the perfection.

Guest guest

In reply to:

is krsna an HARE KRSNA?

No He is not an Hare Krishna, Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

isvarah paramah krishnah

sat-cid-ananda vigraha

anadir-adir govinda

sarva-karana-karanam

(Brahma-Samhita 5.1)

"Kṛṣṇa who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes."

an 'Hare Krishna' is designation, but our true designation is 'jivera-svarupa haya krsnera nitya-das' (The true form of the living entity is that he is an eternal servant of Krishna.) (Caitanya-Caritamrita somewhere)'

Hare Krishna

but he's an hare krsna (or the Supreme Hare Krsna) in the sense that he shows the perfect path to follow him

and in the sense that even him adores himself

(i remember :

krsna as a perfect disciple of sandipani muni

krsna as a perfect devotee as krsna caitanya mahaprabhu

krsna, who in a lila of krsna book, is charmed by his image reflected in a mirror)

Guest guest

You're right, what I saw in that person's question was more an external designation of Krishna being an Hare Krishna, when Allah would be Muslim and "God" would be Christian.

I wanted to make Krishna, God, Allah independent of any religious movement as He is, the Absolute Truth, the last word of all religions.

And of course He even adores Himself, Radharani is Himself as His topmost adorer. Balarama is Himself as is topmost servant.

Hare Krishna

of course, and i apologize, my use of HAREKRSNA is not sectarian

and HareKrsna, IskCon, Gaudya math, Vaishnava, Christian, Muslim are not sectarian definitions or sectarian religion, until materially motivated people start to use them for their personal gratification masked as religion

in the limits of my beeing anyway a kaly yuga man..... it is not my case!! (and of course of many devotees and spiritualists)

HK#

Have people gone bananas! talking about whether Lord Krishna is a 'Hare Krishna'

Hare - Srimati Radharani (hara)

Krishna - The All-Attractive One

or maybe its just me /images/graemlins/confused.gif