IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

from the start

Rate this topic

HK

Could a prabhu please explain the process, of initiation,

diksha, siksa, ritvik, etc in simple terms please..

It didn't sound to diffcult when Sri Narada Muni, initiated a hunter with the name of Sri Lord Rama,

Any help would be appriciated......Haribol

Ps Why don't people get loggin names, instead of signing on as guest all the time, it makes it difficult to tell who's who, what r u shy or something? (please don't reply to this)

Its a ritualistic thing where they whisper a secret Mantra into your ear so that you can do "Sandhya vandanam".

Sandhya= The middle time between the Morning and Night.

Vandanam= Salutations.

The middle time.. would be in Vaishnavism, Evening . What do they do?

Well.. they meditate on "The secret Mantra", "Sandhya" or the evening gives you a divine feeling, because when the sun sets, it is very peaceful... I think.

When ever, I went to these initiation programs, I wanted to know what these secret mantras they were saying but they were kept secret, they were whispering this stuff.

But I couldn't because, they are not supposed to say!

At the end, I kind of figured it out because I searched it on the internet /images/graemlins/smile.gif that it is Om bhur buvah svahah, tatsaviturvarenyam bhargo devasyadhimahi, diyo yonah prachodayaate.

Abstract meaning: We meditate on the supreme personality of the Godhead, because... you know the deal.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

in gaudya vaishnavism there is also "harinama" initiation, when one becames a disciple of a bonafide guru and starts to chant a daily fixed number of harekrishna mantras under His guidance, following some behaviour rules like not eating meat , not intossicating and so on

this "first" initiation is actually the most important in gaudya vaishnavism... it is enough (if the master and the disciple are authentic) to achieve the highest realizatons and spiritual goals... and, in most cases is naturally "flowing", few years after, into the classical diksa initiation as described by "i love krsna"

------

gayatri mantras are known by anyone, especially now with internet and there's no harm reading them

the problem (=the sin or offense) is if we chant them with the illusion to be brahmanas without the diksa (2nd) initiation by a bona fide living spiritual master