IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktavasya

in memoriam

Rate this topic

He lived in Malmo, Sweden, with his wife Rasasundari dasi. I met him back in 1984 the first time. He was one of the most active book disributors in Sweden at the time. A short while later he became mentally ill and received treatment in a hospital here.

When he got a bit more stable he used to work at the ISKCON restaurant in Malmo. I met him there several times and he was always very friendly. He only talked about the Lord and spiritual practice. Despite all his personal problems he always remained a devotee of Lord Krishna. All glory to Him and His devotees!

I just recently found out that he died in a drowning accident about a year ago at the ISKCON farm in the Stockholm area.

Guest guest

Thank you for posting this link. All glories to the great souls who have come and gone before us, shedding some light for us on our path back home.

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again, this is one of the most important services they are performing. If we could create a living document of the light that departed devotees have brought into the world what could be better? Hundreds of years from now devotees should have the ability to read about the lives of every devotee who has ever come before. In the past this wasn’t possible, but today’s technology gives us a chance to build something truly unique for Vaisnava posterity.

I just visited the memoriam website and I saw that Nistula prabhu and M Murari passed away. I knew both of them. Nistula from Bangladesh and Murari from Calcutta and Mayapur. Nistula prabhu did so much service in Bangladesh and he was very humble.

I knew Murari when he was a brahmacari and after he got married, I lived in the same apartment with him and his wife for some years. Both of them left on their forties.

Give me inspiration to chant more seriously. Will I be able to remember Radha and Krsna at the moment of death?

I heard that a devotee named Dhruva also passed away a few days ago. He was very good with wood-work and he told a friend that he was going to visit his mother for a few days and when coming back he would do some work for him but after that was no news, they found his body after 3 days in his house.

Just today morning 3 Argentineans devotees walked in where I work and after they left I was upset because I didn't ask them for my dear friend Kaivalya Svarupa. I thought I will ask them about him when I see them again and now I saw in the Memorial website that Kaivalya prabhu left his body few months ago.

He was the first devotee that spoke to me personally and because of him I went back to the temple. The devotees came to give a conference to the University I was attending and Kaivalya was filming the event. I didn't talk to the devotees but we got "simple wonderfuls" and an invitation to the Mandir. Next day with a friend we went to the farm and the first person to greet us was Kaivalya, he spent the whole afternoon with us, gave me the most delicious sweet rice and I have to say because of him I went back two days later. Again he took care of me so nicely, at that time I didn't know about etiquette and I sat happily with this nice brahmacari for hours asking so many questions, he took me around the farm and showed me the deities, Sri Sri Gour Nitai, after that I didn't see him for few months. One evening I went to the preching center in the city and there he was giving Bhagavad Gita class. After class he talked to me and later the matajis told me he was the TP in Argentina and he was doing a super service preaching underground. He was so young, 23 or 24 at the time and he was risking his life for Srila Prabhupada.

I saw him last time in Mayapur, 13 years ago and he was so happy to see me in the Holy Dhama. I'm so sad that I'm not going to have his personal association anymore. I can't stop my tears. His kirtans were incredible and he was so personal. He inspired me so much.

Here is something other devotee wrote about him:

Kaivalya Svarupa, an Argentine devotee, preached underground in Argentine after the government closed the temple in 1977. After some years, he has many bhaktas. He was "holding" the spiritual life of all devotees in Argentine and was extremely dear to all devotees there and in Brazil too. Also was very dear by many spiritual leaders as Jayapataka Swami, Gunagrahi Maharaja, Hridayananda Maharaja, Bhaktibhusana Maharaja, Harikesa Prabhu and others. Hundreds of emails were sent to hundreds of devotees after he left the body in January of this year, at Sunday. Couple hours before he left the body, Dhanvantri Swami was in his room giving advices about how to leave the body in Krsna Consciousness. And he left the body in a peaceful mood, hearing Srila Prabhupada singing, near Salagrama Sila and Gaura Nitai. As Srila Jayapataka Swami said : "We offer our humble obeisances to his lotus feet"

Gunesvara das

Guest guest

Amogha Virya, an initiated disciple of Srila Prabhupada, left this planet July 22, 2003, at a hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. Other devotees had not been informed of the critical nature of his disease. Staff workers in attendance at the hospital said that he was prepared for death. Although other devotees were not near, the hospital staff reports, Amogha Virya, towards the very end, fell on his hands and knees in prayer. Shortly afterward, he fell over and never regained consciousness.

Posted Image

http://dipika.org/2003/07/21.25/25.amogha.virya.departs/index.html