IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Preaching How?

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

I am sure a lot of people find different ways of preaching,

this is one of mine.....

I place a CD called The Morning Programme by SP in Hi-Fi, at about 10AM or anytime!

Put it on full blast with TBASS, and watch my neighbours faces of anger and sadness turn into delight, especially when they hear kirtan from Srila Prabhupada,

I think also it reminds them of the 60's

but when I turn it off,

ohh how there faces turn sour (and so does mine!) /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guest guest

more we expose the culture in various but acceptale ways

the better.

jai sri krishan!

Guest guest

while at my occupation in a factory (1 of the big 3 auto makers in U.S.)i also have a boom box constantly playing Srila Prabhupada chanting the mahamantra loud enough for all to hear for 8 hours straight, it turns my little work zone into a transcendental atmosphere.

M

Most people I meet think that God does not exist or that the idea of a supreme being is like "Santa Clause" for the "grown ups".

They also think that religion is gay and the only thing it is good for would be for mocking it.

Preaching to them would be impossible.

My KC interests are actually a secret, only my mom knows what I am doing at this forum.

Its sad, I got so fallen that I have to live with a bunch of atheists who have no hopes what so ever.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Actually I was kind of challenged with a discussion by a person from KC in an airplane. he was a 50 or 60 year old man who was a doctor.

He changed my mind. thank god! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

we can be followers right, not preachers?.

Bhagavad Gita Lecture; 12/30/68

So a Krsna conscious person should not be disturbed whether his preaching work is being accepted by the people or not. It doesn't matter. My Guru Maharaja used to say that... If somebody said that "We went to preach in such and such place. Only there were three or four, attendance." So my Guru Maharaja used to encourage them and it is factual--that "Why, two, three men were there was sufficient. If there were none, you could speak and the walls would hear you." You see. "Why you are disappointed?" So even the walls, they hear, then our kirtana is sufficient. You don't mind. Because only fortunate persons... Bahunam janmanam ante. Manusyanam sahasresu. So to become God conscious, Krsna conscious, is not very cheap thing. It requires a great amount of austerity, penance to come to this stage. So never be disappointed that because people are not responding. You see?

There are many good examples. When Lord Jesus Christ also preached God consciousness, only a few followers were there, and still, he had to sacrifice his life. But he was never disappointed. That should be attitude of the preacher. People may accept it or not accept it, we should go on. Because if Krsna is satisfied, if Krsna sees, "Oh, these boys are doing very nice. They are trying their best to preach," that is your reward. That's all. People may accept or not accept, it doesn't matter. Go on.

Guest guest

i work in a cinema and when i can i put a bhajan cd in the player... but i have to be careful, and i try to avoid the maha-mantra... here in france KC have a very bad reputation, and my boss is not cool at all, but i try !

Guest guest

do not lose your work for this, it could be bad also for your spiritual life

<<<<sri sri radha parisisvara are wonderful>>>>

Guest guest

When you say we can watch people's reactions to finding Krsna, there is also what he sees when we meet him. He knows we are here to be delivered from entanglement and the stains of demons and sins are removed with recognition of his divine opulence. Everyone is pleased to witness spiritual health and be a part of Krsna's radiant face.

Haribol..thanks for that

it took me about 10 reads before I realised what you meant,

to give an example which somebody gave me 'off topic'

about the soul...

the soul is watching television, we have choice to turn it OFF! (not change channels!), or watch another programme in a 100 years (depending on age)

the souls wants to enjoy, live in its own little world,

not realising it own blissful nature,

the only way to help it is .....

through the chanting of the names of Krishna

Hare Krishna /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Krishna Krishna /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Hare /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Rama /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Rama /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rama Rama /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Hare /images/graemlins/smile.gif