IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Krsnanatha

A plea on my father's behalf

Rate this topic

Just today I was informed that my father who has been in a struggle with the cancer disease is in the final stages of this affliction. I had never really accessed the dictum of the word disease. Dis-ease; the lack of ease of life we sometimes take so much for granted, the heathly condition of the material covering.

This soul I know in the foam of this material ocean as my father will soon transmigrate. He is not a great trancendentalist but he does appreciate Krsna consciousness. He even refused to give me back the first Bhagavad Gita I recieved so many years ago, telling me it gave him comfort to have this book on the shelf in his library. He told me "The book told me it wants to stay here". And so it has.

My plea to the community of vaisnavas, at your convenience and at your willingness please ask Sri Krsna Caitanya to prepare a nice place for this soul to take up his next residence.

Thank you all in advance. My obeisances.

Your fallen friend and servant in Krsna consciousness,

Krsnanatha dasa

if he wants krsna in his home in the form of His book, let us hope that krsna will reciprocate welcoming your father in His house..... goloka vrindavan

we have the duty to be good devotees also to free our family from the material world

maybe they were praying lifes after lifes to have this chance... now let us not fail

please embrace your father and say to him that it is from yasodanandana (mario) from florence .. italy

You are no doubt speaking words saturated with truth. It's just that Krsna's devotees are possessed of the greatest wealth of all beings and if on his behalf they petition a bit, it may upgrade the ticket to where ever his next destination may be. Your kind reply is of comfort. Thank you, my obeisances Prabhu.

Guest guest

/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will plead for him then, oh yeah the other post was me .... I_love_krishna. For some reason I can't log on.

I am looking for the quote of Srila Prabhupada's where He speaks of how by being a devotee of Lord Krsna we benefit our family for many lifetimes. Can anyone else find it and post it here? I found it a great comfort concerning my own father.

Guest guest

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Prahlada, O most pure, O great saintly person, your father has been purified, along with twenty-one forefathers in your family. Because you were born in this family, the entire dynasty has been purified.

PURPORT

The word triù-saptabhiù means seven multiplied by three. In one’s family one can count back four or five generations—to one’s great-grandfather or even one’s great-grandfather’s father—but since the Lord mentions twenty-one forefathers, this indicates that the benediction expands to other families also. Before the present family in which one has taken birth, one must have been born in other families. Thus when a Vaisnava takes birth in a family, by the grace of the Lord he purifies not only that family but also the families of his previous births.

SB 7.10.19 TEXT 19

Whenever and wherever there are peaceful, equipoised devotees who are well behaved and decorated with all good qualities, that place and the dynasties there, even if condemned, are purified.

PURPORT

Wherever exalted devotees stay, not only they and their dynasties but the entire country is purified.

Guess Guest