IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Going crazy with spirituality

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is getting wierd dreams, seeing krishna in everything, hearing things, symptoms of craziness or is it just a phase through spirituality?

Guest guest

i suppose you just met the devotees !

don't worry, it's just Krishna making you signs... keep cool, relax, and involve.. you won't become crazy, these things will probably vanishe soon, but keep on chanting !!

Guest guest

one who really has gone close to krishna

is able to bring others to krishna as well.

so it is a test whether one is just crazy or has really gone close to krishna.

just escaping out of the prision (this samsara)

is good, but not good enough.

one has to help others to escape as well,

or/and make it peaceful within the prison.

jai sri krishna!

Having weird dreams sounds more like craziness, but lots of people have weird dreams. "Hearing things?" what kinds of things are you hearing? "Seeing Krishna in everything"? That is the stage of the highest realization and it is not likely that you are there yet.

Sounds like you might have some mental problems mixed in with some recent contact with Krishna consciousness. You might need to undergo some purification and cleansing to heal the mental disturbances so that you can cultivate Krishna consciousness successfully without confusing it with these problems of having bad dreams and hearing things.

Constipation can cause a chemical identical to PCP to be produced in a toxic colon. When this happens one has hallucinations and sometimes hears things. Make sure you have a regular bowel movement and clear your system of poisons and toxins through fasting and herbal medicines. This should help with the "hearing things" and "having wierd dreams".

Guest guest

I think I am hearing what is going to happen next. I went to a temple, I knew what I was going to get. I was going to get a flower and I got it. Yes, may be you are right. I am getting wierd dreams. Once I got a dream that I was some sort of an animal being crushed by something really heavy. Then I got a dream that I was cruel man who went back to killing for some guru somewhere in the world. These dreams are disturbing, but they feel so real. I am very interested in knowing more about reincarnation. I am a doctor myself, but I restrain from saying things that ruin my reputation.

Reincarnation is about being reborn over and over according to ones Karma, his mindset and the adminstrative judgements of the demigods in control of such things.

Some of your dreams could be mental impressions from past lives or they could just be manufactured in your mind from impressions stored there.

Dreams are not to be taken very seriously. They usually result from oversleeping or eating before bedtime. Purification of your hygiene and regulation of proper sleep habits of 5 to 6 hours a night should eliminate most dreams. Dreaming usually occurs in the stage of deepest sleep at the end of the night when we should actually be out of bed. If you get up early in the morning and practice spiritual disciplines, avoid over-eating and over-sleeping you should stop having bad dreams.

dear guest,

I believe you would profit much from the book Other Lives, Other Selves by Roger J, Woolger,Ph.d

In it he discusses his own progression from an orthodox Jungian Psychotherapist into a past life regression therapist.

He gives some very interesting case histories and discusses how significant events in one life show up as effects in the next creating new effects which show up in our present.

Although he takes a somewhat Buddhist or impersonalist view on the nature of identity he doesn't get into it much. Sticking mostly with the subject of samskaras and how it all relates to modern pyschotherapy.

What you are describing sounds to me like pyschic 'bleed through' from one layer of the mind into more conscious ones.

It's a cool book anyway. Check it out.

Oh, published by Bantam