IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
zuzu

Online Spirtual Master ?

Rate this topic

As I dont really have access to a spritual master or a temple, can I render service to a online spirtual master? If yes then who? Is anyone qualified on this board ?

I don't think anyone's going to step forth stating, "Yes, serve me, I am qualified."

However, you could check out this dude.

Otherwise, you'll have to study the topic of guru-tattva and yourself examine who is qualified. You cannot rely on others in such an important matter. Of course anyone who can answer a question is guru to an extent, but not someone to whom you dedicate your life to.

Guest guest

that SWAMI was tremendously insightful and seemed to give realized answers to all my questions...lol

zuzu i understand your question also, the nearest ISKCON temple is a 5+ hour drive from my house, so regular visits are impractical. i follow the 4 regulative principles and complete my rounds daily, but lack the association of a living guru. Prabhupada always said you can associate with him through his books.

i've come to the realization that my practices (lacking initation from a living guru) may be imperfect, but maybe that's the extent of my involvement for this lifetime. I'm very sincere in my devotion and chanting and accept whatever good or bad consequences because of the situation i'm in - no temple nearby=no association with living guru, and relocating is not an option.

"living guru" I have to admit this phrase drives me crazy. It implies there is such thing as a dead guru.

It also suggests that its the body that is alive. We can accept that guru's body is spiritual, because it's used for krsna directly and consciously by a living conscious soul for Krsna's service it is certainly holy and even worshiable.

"..living still in sound......living still in sound..."

how about embodied guru or some other term.

Guest guest

i apologize theist for using any inappropiate terms in the above post about "living guru" i guess i should have better phrased my reply as : due to my situation i am unable to communicate face to face in direct contact with ANY spiritual master and recieve initation from him personally without the proper benefits of having visited a temple.

please forgive any offenses, i am yet a simple lost soul in this vast ocean begging for mercy.

signed,

M

Guest guest

Words are spoken in context. There is no need to correct someone just to investigate all the meanings.

Living guru is appropriate for what you mean.

Guess Guest

No I wasn't mentioning that specifically to you.I am sorry if I sounded like that. I have disturbed your mind and I apologize. Anyway even if I was in some way offended, who cares?:) I mean who am I to be offended?

This phrase we all picked up somewhere along the line and I just think it might be time for a more appropriate one. I have used it too along with probably everyone else on these forums.It has been with us for years.

Hare Krsna

Madhava, that's funny. I don't really know if we can trust him or not. For one thing his third eye looks out of place. That and he only has six chakras. I don't know....but I'm open minded.

I have surrendered to the Swami. I asked "Who is God?" and he answered "Certainly not you!"

Such perfection, I am his sisya forever, my eternal lotus-eyed master.

I humbly approached the online Swami and asked several questions.

1. Who is God? Certainly not you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Where is your temple? Boogers, Montana /images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Where is the best temple? Heaven /images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Will I ever go to India? No /images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. What will I be in my next life? Who knows! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was pleased with his answers until I asked him..

6. Who is Krsna? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Now I am confused!

I have accepted a bogus guru. He does not know Krsna!

My life is in ruin. I knew I should have waited for Caitya-guru to arrange things nicely.

Damn!

Guest guest

***Is anyone qualified on this board ?

Raga is spiritual master, I am his humble servant. He is speak for me siddha pranaly may be. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. Is this person actually qualified to take me back home to Godhead?

2. Am I prepared to be this persons servant?

3. Is this person truly greater than I am?

4. Can I truly totally surrender to this person?

5. Is this person a greatly advanced and pure devotee in Krishna Consciousness?

Take it easy and not be in a rush to find a "living guru"(It is an offense to consider guru dead!).

The person must be a qualified guru, someone you can completely surrender to. If he is not qualified and if you can not completely surrender to someone it is a great mistake to accept him as your spiritual master.

krpa-sindhu su-sampurnah, sarvva-sattvopakarakah

nsiprhah sarvvatah siddhah, sarvva-vidya-visaradah

sarvva-samsaya-samchetta, 'nalaso gurur ahrtah

"One who is an ocean of mercy, who is fulfilled in all respects, who is possessed of all good qualities, who always works for the benefit of all souls, who is free from lust, who is perfect in all respects, who is well versed in the scriptures and who knows the science of Krishna is known as a Guru."

I have surrendered to the Swami. I asked "Who is God?" and he answered "Certainly not you!"

Such perfection, I am his sisya forever, my eternal lotus-eyed master.

He told me, "Elvis".

Who is Krsna?

He told me, "Who cares?"

I have not yet found a Buddhist site that offers such great forums such as the one all of you share here. Until i find one, i would be very much pleased if you would accept me here as part of your fellowship or brotherhood. Just to share part of my private life: i am currently overwhelmed by the problems in my american life, things are not simple or kind. secretly i plan to run away from my home to a Zen temple where i can be a monk.