IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Nchantress

Visions

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if my topic applys to this discussion... I always thought seeing "pictures" before you go to sleep at night was a normal, until a few years ago I was told different. I know I'm awake when I have my "movie" played, I can still hear my cat purring next to me on her nightly spot, and feel her next to me, or feel the a/c or heat blowing by my bed. I don't hear words in these "movies" I see only things and people. Some of my little movies I can see clearly, and others I can not, but its like I have a 'feeling' of what they are. Like for instant I always feel a lion. All of this happens while my eyes are closed... I almost feel like a child with an over-active imagination. If someone could please help I'd apperciate it. Thanks

Guest guest

you are right, it does not really belong to this forum. but, its normal , don't worry about it.

-I_Love_krisha...

I have basically two possible explanations for your visions just before going to sleep. One explanation is that just prior to going into deep sleep your brain makes a transition from the part of your brain that deals with wakefull functions to the part of your brain that deals with dreaming. During this transitional stage of partially asleep-partially awake the part of your brain that produces dreams is starting to work before you are totally asleep. In this condition you can actually have dreams though you are seemingly awake. Experienced LSD users are familiar with this condition as this is the same phenomena that happens under the influence of LSD; one has dreams while he is awake. Schizophrenia is somewhat related to this condition as well.

So either your brain is entering the dream stage a little prematurely just before sleep or you are possibly having visions of the subtle ghostly realm as you hover between sleep and wakefullness.

You might want to take some brain supplement like "focus factor" or some similar memory/brain formula that is specially designed to help the brain function well and normally. Many people report outstanding results using brain forumlas and the one called "focus factor" is said to be one of the best. Your brain is not making a proper transition from wakefullness to sleep and it is probably do to a lack of some nutrient deficienty of a particular vitamin or mineral that promotes healthy brain function.

the moment you wake up the mind is free and open. These are the times when we feel and see things the strongest - for example if we are grieving a lost one - we will feel the most extreme pain at these times. Same goes for "visions". Before that time at night and after in the morning the mind becomes corrupted by all the stimulants of the world and we do not notice these things as strongly.

The fact that this is happening just before falling asleep is no problem. It is normal. If these things were happening throughout the day - it would be a different story.

I used to work at the hypno-therapy clinic in Los Angeles (not as a therapist but in the office) and that is where I learned this.

If the visions are very disturbing you might want to talk to a therapist that might be able to help you re-direct the visions to a more pleasant plane or you can try to do this yourself by reading of the pastimes of Lord Krsna and chanting right before laying down to rest.

I'm not sure if my topic applys to this discussion... I always thought seeing "pictures" before you go to sleep at night was a normal, until a few years ago I was told different. I know I'm awake when I have my "movie" played, I can still hear my cat purring next to me on her nightly spot, and feel her next to me, or feel the a/c or heat blowing by my bed. I don't hear words in these "movies" I see only things and people. Some of my little movies I can see clearly, and others I can not, but its like I have a 'feeling' of what they are. Like for instant I always feel a lion. All of this happens while my eyes are closed... I almost feel like a child with an over-active imagination. If someone could please help I'd apperciate it. Thanks

I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure if I'm replying to you properly, or even if I'm supposed to be able to reply to your message--anyway, let's find out. Recently I've been waking up to a "tv scene" playing on the window opposite my bed. When this first started happening I would turn on my light--of course, all would go away. I was turning on my light because I had been having other strange visions, waking me up in the night--all while I was experiencing normal dreams. Anyway---I started watching this "tv scene"--sort of like a family sitcom--for a minute or two, until it went away. This has happened a few times. Have you also had other visions--not, you believe, to be dreams?