IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Meat Eating Christians

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear reader's ,

Concerning anyone who both eats meat & says they are a follower of Lord Jesus Christ you may take them to an actual dialogue of Jesus . One of the Dead Sea scrolls,discovered in the 40ties only, translated from Aramic to English By Edmond Szekely,& Purcell Weaver ...This document takes 1 hour to read & as it did me, may also have the reader in tears due to the compassionate presense of Lord jesus .. In no un certain terms Jesus outlines the pitfalls of flesh eating with many similarities to Bhagavad Gita; such as that the senses of the meat eater become like that of the beast or animal . In other words that the meat eater is preparing for animal birth ..!! The greatest sin is to kill the cow as far as meat eating goes , according to AC Bhaktivedanrta swami ..Whereas the cow used to be protected she is now slaughtered by the 1000's daily which brings massive misery upon human society which is also witnessed daily at this time ...

The web page is as follows

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?id=192

satyahit das

Guest guest

The Essene Gospel of Peace III

Translated by Purcell Weaver and Edmond Szekely the following is considered by some to be a true account of Christ’s original teaching. Based on texts from the Vatican library and the Royal Library of the Hapsburg’s and dated to the first century AD, it contains many references to fasting, vegetarianism and angels; all of which were altered or entirely removed from Christian teaching after the first Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. Convened by the Emperor Constantine the Council effectively hammered out what was to become the Holy Roman Law scriptures. In the process a lot of Christianity’s original spiritual essence was edited or removed entirely to serve the more earthly agendas of the emergent Holy Roman Empire. We leave you to decide whether the following is in fact the authentic word of Christ...

And it was by the bed of a stream; many sick fasted and prayed with God's angels for seven days and seven nights. And great was their reward, because they followed Jesus words. And with the passing of the seventh day, all their pains left them. And when the sun rose over the earth's rim they saw Jesus coming towards them from the mountain, with the brightness of the rising sun about his head.

“Peace be with you.”

And they said no word at all, but only cast themselves down before him, and touched the hem of his garment in token of their healing.

“Give thanks not to me, but to your Earthly Mother, who sent you her healing angels. Go, and sin no more, that you may never again see disease. And let the healing angels become your guardians.”

But they answered him: “Whither should we go, Master, for with you are the words of eternal life? Tell us, what are the sins which we must shun, that we may nevermore see disease?”

Jesus answered: “Be it so according to your faith,” and he sat down among them, saying:

“It was said to them of old time, 'Honour thy Heavenly Father and thy Earthly Mother, and do their commandments, that thy days may be long upon the earth.' And next afterward was given this commandment, 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels to decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death. For only in the service of your Heavenly Father are your debts of seven years forgiven in seven clays. But Satan forgives you nothing and you must pay him for all. 'Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot; burning for burning, wound for wound; life for life, death for death.' For the wages of sin is death. Kill not; neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat. Also the milk of every thing that moveth and liveth upon earth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given unto them, so I give their milk unto you. But flesh, and the blood which quickens it, shall ye not eat. And, surely, your spurting blood will I require, your blood wherein is your soul; I will require all slain beasts, and the souls of all slain men. For I the Lord thy God am a God strong and jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first and greatest commandment.' And the second is like unto it: 'Love thy neighbour as thyself' There is none other commandment greater than these.”

And after these words they all remained silent, save one, who called out: “What am I to do, Master, if I see a wild beast rend my brother in the forest? Shall I let my brother perish, or kill the wild beast? Shall not I thus transgress the law?”

And Jesus answered: “It was said to them of old time: ‘All beasts that move upon the earth, all the fish of the sea, and all the fowl of the air are given into thy power.’ I tell you truly, of all creatures living upon the earth, God created only man after his image. Wherefore beasts are for man, and not man for beasts. You do not, therefore, transgress the law if you kill the wild beast to save your brother's life. For I tell you truly, man is more than the beast. But he who kills the beast without a cause, though the beast attack him not, through lust for slaughter, or for its flesh, or for its hide, or yet for its tusks, evil is the deed which he does, for he is turned into a wild beast himself. Wherefore is his end also as the end of the wild beasts.”

Then another said: “Moses, the greatest in Israel, suffered our forefathers to eat the flesh of clean beasts, and forbade only the flesh of unclean beasts. Why, therefore, do you forbid us the flesh of all beasts? Which law comes from God? That of Moses, or your law?”

And Jesus answered: “God gave, by Moses, ten commandments to your forefathers. 'These commandments are hard,' said your forefathers, and they could not keep them. When Moses saw this, he had compassion on his people, and would not that they perish. And then he gave them ten times ten commandments. For he whose feet are strong as the mountain of Zion, needs no crutches; but he whose limbs do shake, gets further having crutches, than without them. And Moses said to the Lord: 'My heart is filled with sorrow, for my people will be lost. For they are without knowledge, and are not able to understand thy commandments. They are as little children who cannot yet understand their father's words. Suffer, Lord, that I give them other laws, that they may not perish. if they may not be with thee, Lord, let them not be against thee; that they may sustain themselves, and when the time has come, and they are ripe for thy words, reveal to hem thy laws.' For that did Moses break the two tablets of stone whereon were written the ten commandments, and he gave them ten times ten in their stead. And of these ten times ten the Scribes and Pharisees have made a hundred times ten commandments. And they have laid unbearable burdens on your shoulders, that they themselves do not carry. For the more nigh are the commandments to God, the less do we need; and the farther they are from God, then the more do we need. Wherefore are the laws of the Pharisees and Scribes innumerable; the laws of the Son of Man seven; of the angels three; and of God one.

“Therefore, I teach you only those laws which you can understand, that you may become men, and follow the seven laws of the Son of Man. Then will the unknown angels of the Heavenly Father also reveal their laws to you, that God's holy spirit may descend upon you, and lead you to his law.”

And all were astonished at his wisdom, and asked him: “Continue, Master, and teach us all the laws which we can receive.”

And Jesus continued: “God commanded your forefathers: 'Thou shalt not kill.' But their heart was hardened and they killed. Then Moses desired that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the heart of your forefathers was hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise. But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also (1). Be not like the foolish husbandman who sowed in his ground cooked, and frozen, and rotten seeds. And the autumn came, and his fields bore nothing. And great was his distress. But be like that husbandman who sowed in his field living seed, and whose field bore living ears of wheat, paying a hundredfold for the seeds which he planted. For I tell you truly, live only by the fire of life, and prepare not your foods with the fire of death, which kills your foods, your bodies and your souls also.”

“Master, where is the fire of life?” asked some of them.

“In you, in your blood, and in your bodies.”

“And the fire of death?” asked others.

“It is the fire which blazes outside your body, which is hotter than your blood. With that fire of death you cook your foods in your homes and in your fields. I tell you truly, it is the same fire which destroys your foods and your bodies, even as the fire of malice, which ravages your thoughts, ravages your spirits. For your body is that which you eat, and your spirit is that which you think. Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire than the fire of life has killed. Wherefore, prepare and eat all fruits of trees, and all grasses of the fields, and all milk of beasts good for eating. For all these are fed and ripened by the fire of life; all are the gift of the angels of our Earthly Mother. But eat nothing to which only the fire of death gives savor, for such is of Satan.”

“So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the grain and grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees. For everything beyond these is of Satan, and leads by the way of sins and of diseases unto death. But the foods which you eat from the abundant table of God give strength and youth to your body, and you will never see diseases For the table of God fed Methuselah of old, and I tell you truly, if you live even as he lived, then will the God of the living give you also long life upon the earth as was his.

“For I tell you truly, the God of the living is richer than all the rich of the earth, and his abundant table is richer than the richest table of feasting of all the rich upon the earth. Eat; therefore, all your life at the table of our Earthly Mother, and you will never see want. And when you eat at her table, eat all things even as they are found on the table of the Earthly Mother. Cook not, neither mix all things one with another, lest your bowels become as steaming bogs (2). For I tell you truly, this is abominable in the eyes of the Lord.

“Take heed, therefore, and defile not with all kinds of abominations the temple of your bodies. Be content with two or three sorts of food, which you will find always upon the table of our Earthly Mother. And desire not to devour all things which you see around you. For I tell you truly, if you mix together all sorts of food in your body, then the peace of your body will cease, and endless war will rage in you. And it will be blotted out even as homes and kingdoms divided against themselves work their own destruction. For your God is the God of peace, and does never help division. Arouse not, therefore, against you the wrath of God, lest he drive you from his table, and lest you be compelled to go to the table of Satan, where the fire of sins, diseases, and death will corrupt your body.”

The Gospel of Peace of Jesus Christ published by CW Daniel Company Ltd. ISBN 0-85207-103-5

1) Sometimes referred to, as the "culinary spark of life" enzymes are the agents in our foods that unlock the nutrients potential and allow our bodies to harness them. However cooking or freezing destroys them and the more you cook, the more are destroyed. Thus raw foods contain the most nutritive potential, whilst quick stir-fries or lightly steamed slightly less and so on.

2) Food combining or trophology is a science in itself and readers are referred to page 58 of Daniel Reid’s classic “The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity” for further perspective.

Guest guest

It's a little hard for me to read this style and content.

But it's a wonderful resource. Thanks.

Guess Guest

History: Bible has been proven to be very accurate when it deals with various places in the middle east and europe.

However, It does not deal with the other asian parts such as India, China and Japan. Thus proving that it has been written by mortals.

The bible also has told about prophesies that deal with Isreal going back to Isrealites etc. Such have been said to be proven to be true, which they have been, but it could be just the human will of making such things true.

before we even deal with the authenticity , we have to take into account that history is filled with propaganda and most of the world was controlled by european "christian" nations who were conquering lands for the three Gs.

Three Gs:

Gold, God, Glory.

So over all, the authenticity of the bible could be just another propaganda, but most people , being christians take it to be the truth.

Does 7th days Adventists propogate vegetarionizm as well?

I asked a couple of 7th day Adventists in my town about this (by the way they were eating their lunches at the time and this consisted of flesh) and was told that yes, traditionally they were "supposed" to be vegetarians but now they only abstained from pork. I do not know it that holds true for all 7th day adventists.

Guest guest

History of Vegetarianism

Seventh Day Adventists

Ellen G. White (1827-1915)

Ellen White was one of the founders of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. She was a vegetarian health reformer, and vegetarianism and other health teachings of the Adventists are due to her efforts. She believed that the human body represented God`s temple and therefore it should not be abused. She also denounced tobacco and alcohol.

About fifty percent of Adventists today are lacto-ovo vegetarians. There are about 2 million Adventists throughout the world, with about a quarter of them living in the United States. The Seventh-Day Adventists are strong promoters of good health. They have their own publishing company and produce many books and other publications. They also have many hospitals, natural food stores, and vegetarian restaurants. In addition, they have an institution of higher education, Loma Linda University.

Several studies have found that Adventists are significantly healthier than the general population. Vegetarians owe much to Seventh-Day Adventists, since much of what is now known about health effects of vegetarianism comes from their studies.

- Richard Schwartz

(Note from a reader: concerning the number of Seventh-day Advetnists in the world - we number over 10 million with only 11-12% in the United States.)

Quotes:

God gave our first parents the food He designed that the race should eat. It was contrary to His plan to have the life of any creature taken. There was to be no death in Eden. The fruit of the trees in the garden was the food man's wants required. - 1864

The majority of the diseases which the human family have been and still are suffering under, they have created by ignorance of their own organic health, and work perseveringly to tear themselves to pieces, and when broken down and debilitated in body and mind, send for the doctor and drug themselves to death. - 1866

The diet of animals is vegetables and grains. Must the vegetables be animalized, must they be incorporated into the system of animals, before we get them? Must we obtain our vegetable diet by eating the flesh of dead creatures? God provided fruit in its natural state for our first parents. He gave to Adam charge over the garden, to dress it, and to care for it, saying, "To you it shall be for meat." One animal was not to destroy another animal for food. - 1896

Let our ministers and canvassers step under the banners of strict temperance. Never be ashamed to say, "No thank you; I do not eat meat. I have conscientious scruples against eating the flesh of dead animals. - 1901

Flesh was never the best food; but its use is now doubly objectionable, since disease in animals is so rapidly increasing. - 1902

Animals are becoming more diseased and it will not be long until animal food will be discarded by many besides Seventh-day Adventists. Foods that are healthful and life sustaining are to be prepared, so that men and women will not need to eat meat. - 1902

Vegetables, fruits, and grains should compose our diet. Not an ounce of flesh meat should enter our stomachs. The eating of flesh is unnatural. We are to return to God's original purpose in the creation of man. - 1903

The moral evils of a flesh diet are not less marked than are the physical ills. Flesh food is injurious to health, and whatever affects the body has a corresponding effect on the mind and the soul. Think of the cruelty to animals meat-eating involves, and its effect on those who inflict and those who behold it. How it destroys the tenderness with which we should regard those creatures of God! - 1905

Animals are often transported long distances and subjected to great suffering in reaching a market. Taken from the green pastures and traveling for weary miles over the hot, dusty roads, or crowded into filthy cars, feverish and exhausted, often for many hours deprived of food and water, the poor creatures are driven to their death, that human beings may feast on the carcasses. - 1905

It is a mistake to suppose that muscular strength depends on the use of animal food. The needs of the system can be better supplied, and more vigorous health can be enjoyed, without its use. The grains, with fruits, nuts, and vegetables, contain all the nutritive properties necessary to make good blood. These elements are not so well or so fully supplied by a flesh diet. Had the use of flesh been essential to health and strength, animal food would have been included in the diet appointed man in the beginning. - 1905

Those who eat flesh are but eating grains and vegetables at second hand; for the animal receives from these things the nutrition that produces growth. The life that was in the grains and the vegetables passes into the eater. We receive it by eating the flesh of the animal. How much better to get it direct by eating the food that God provided for our use! - 1905

Guest guest

A Position Statement on

The Vegetarian Diet

Adapted from the

General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

Nutrition Council

What is the vegetarian lifestyle?

For more than 130 years Seventh-day Adventists (SDAs) have practiced a vegetarian dietary lifestyle because of their belief in the holistic nature of humankind. Whatever is done in eating or drinking should honor and glorify God and preserve the health of the body, mind and spirit.

The recommended lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet, includes the generous use of whole grain breads, cereals and pastas, a liberal use of fresh vegetables and fruits, a moderate use of legumes, nuts, seeds and low fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheeses. Egg yolks should be used in moderation. It is best to avoid high saturated fat and cholesterol foods such as: beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish and seafood. Coffee, tea and alcoholic beverages provide few nutrients and may interfere with the absorption of essential nutrients.

Has there been any research?

Since 1954 more than 250 articles have been published in scientific journals on the Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle and health. In the 1960s, Loma Linda University, in cooperation with the National Cancer Institute, began to study the health of SDAs. Later, in the 1970s and 1980s, data on the Seventh-day Adventist lifestyle was collected and analyzed under contract with the National Institutes of Health. SDAs in general, have 50% less risk of heart disease, certain types of cancers, strokes, and diabetes. More specifically, recent data suggests that vegetarian men under 40 can expect to live more than eight years longer and women more than seven years longer then the general population. SDA vegetarian men live more than three years longer than SDA men who eat meat.

Researchers believe this added length of life and quality of health is due in particular to the consumption of whole grains, fruits and vegetables as well as the avoidance of meat, alcohol, coffee and tobacco.

Current evidence demonstrates that the more closely a person follows the lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet the lower the risks of major diseases.

What does current research demonstrate?

1. Vegetarians have reduced risks of certain diseases because of their increased consumption of whole grains, dried beans, nuts, fresh and dried fruits, and vegetables. Vegetarians are exposed to fewer carcinogens and mutagens because they do not eat meat.

2. Fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, and nuts are often less expensive than meat. Plant foods use fewer natural resources from the environment.

3. Vegetarians typically enjoy a great variety of plant based foods, international and ethnic dishes.

4. A significant correlation exists between the frequent and long term consumption of high-fat, high-cholesterol animal based foods and the incidence of fatal heart disease, certain types of cancer, strokes, and diabetes.

5. A vegetarian diet provides a greater consumption of phytochemicals and fiber rich foods which help protect from heart disease, several types of cancer, diabetes and hypertension.

Are there any guidelines I can follow?

In 1989 the National Academy of Sciences recommends that people eat five or more servings of fruit and vegetables every day and six or more servings daily of a combination of whole grains, cereals, and legumes. In 1991 the World Health Organization recommended the consumption of at least 400 grams (14 ounces) of fruits and vegetables. In 1992 the U.S. Department of Agriculture unveiled its Food Guide Pyramid in which the bulk of the diet was to be plant based. The pyramid suggests an intake of 11-20 servings daily from breads, cereals, pastas, rice, fruits, and vegetables and only 4-8 servings from the meat and dairy group.

In 1993 the General Conference Nutrition Council (GCNC) adapted the U. S. Department of Agriculture's Pyramid for a vegetarian dietary approach. In 1995 the U. S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services stated for the first time that "vegetarian diets are consistent with the dietary guidelines for Americans and can meet the RDA for nutrients.

Lacto-ovo-vegetarians should give special attention to the intake of protein, iron and zinc."

Any special consideration for a total plant based diet?

The 1995 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that those who choose foods of only plant origin must supplement their diet with vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) and, in addition to ensure adequacy of vitamin D and calcium. The American Dietetic Association's most recent position paper on vegetarian diets stated that those who follow a totally plant based diet should give special attention to reliable sources of vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and zinc. Adequate intake of these nutrients are even more important for growing children and pregnant and lactating women.

What does the GCNC recommend?

The GCNC supports the recommendations of the National Academy of Sciences, the World Health Organization, and the U.S. Dietary guidelines for Americans. Next to tobacco and alcohol, foods high in saturated fat and cholesterol (such as meat) are the greatest risk factors in decreasing life expectancy from atherosclerosis, cancer, and premature death.

The GCNC recommends that all meat, fish, and fowl be eliminated from the diet and the use of egg yolks be limited to three or less per week. Foods of animal origin are no longer viewed as dominant items in a healthy diet. The Adventist Health Study clearly reveals a significant advantage for those who choose a meat free, plant based diet over those who select primarily a meat based diet.

The GCNC recommends the generous use of whole grains, vegetables and fruits; and a moderate use of low fat dairy products (or nutritional equivalent alternatives), legumes, and nuts; a very limited use of foods high in saturated fat, cholesterol, sugar, and salt; abstinence from tobacco, alcohol, and coffee, tea, and other caffeinated beverages.

The Vegetarian Food Pyramid

The GCNC recommends the following Vegetarian Food Pyramid for menu planning. Plan the meals, starting at the base of the pyramid and include foods from each of the five groups everyday. Each group provides essential nutrients which may not be found in other groups and not one of these groups should be eliminated from a balanced diet.

Follow the Vegetarian Food Pyramid to make daily choices. The number of servings are based on caloric need. If you are sedentary, choose the lower number of servings such as six of grains. If you are very active, choose the eleven servings of grain products.

Examples of servings and serving sizes as follows:

GRAINS (Food group number one)

6-11 servings daily of fiber and vitamin rich foods

Example: 1 slice bread, 1/2 cup cooked rice, cereal or pasta,

1 cup dry cereal, 1 bagel, 1 tortilla, 1 pita

VEGETABLES AND FRUITS (Food group number two)

5-9 servings daily or more of phytochemical and vitamin rich foods

Example: 1 cup raw vegetable salad, 1/2 cup cooked vegetables or

fruits, 1/2 cup dark green and deep yellow vegetables,

1/4 cup dried fruit

DAIRY OR ALTERNATIVES (Food group number three)

2-4 servings daily of calcium and vitamin B12 rich foods

Example: 1 cup dairy milk, or fortified dairy alternatives, 1 cup

low fat yogurt, buttermilk or cottage cheese. Dairy alternatives must be

fortified with 25% or more of the RDA or RDI of calcium, vitamin

B12, vitamin D and vitamin A

LEGUMES, NUTS AND SEEDS ( Food group number four)

2-4 servings daily of protein rich foods

Example: 1/2 cup cooked dried beans or peas, 1 egg or 2 egg whites,

1/2 cup tofu, 1/2 cup meat analogs, 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds or

2 tablespoons of nut butter.

FATS, OILS AND SUGARS (Food from group number five)

2 tablespoons vegetable oils rich in linoleic acid,

such as canola, olive soy, sunflower or corn.

Use desserts sparingly, which are high in sugar and fat.

Yes, they are supposed to be vegetarian. However, I think they came to realize this was a great hinderance to getting people to join their church. As such, they have kind of lowered the standards. Most members say it is best to be vegetarian, even if they themselves aren't. Some progress is better than none.