IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
PN Prasad

3 killed as bus plunges into Tirumala valley

Rate this topic

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, JUNE 05, 2003 02:02:22 AM ]

TIRUPATI: Three pilgrims were killed and 15 others seriously injured when a state-owned bus plunged into an 80 ft valley on the winding road of the Tirumala hills early Wednesday. The bus driver was negotiating a hairpin bend on its way to Tirupati.

According to reports, driver S Aamir lost control of the bus while negotiating a sharp curve and hit a retaining wall. The wall collapsed and the bus plunged into the valley.

The bus was carrying 46 passengers when the accident took place around 4.30 am on Wednesday. Two victims — Ganga Bhavani, 13, of Jagityal of Karimnagar district and Gangulappa, 45, of Kolar in Karnataka — died on the spot, while Padma (28) of Mancherial in Adilabad district died at Ruia Hospital in Tirupati. Five passengers are in a critical condition.

But I was told that when someone passes on either in a holy place, temple, or otherwise serving the Supreme Lord it is because they have fulfilled their life's mission and it was at that point that they were to go Home or continue in a newer life that would be more productive way of serving (not sure if I said that correctly). Anyway, that is a basic and elementary explanation that was given to me when I asked the same question.