IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Krsnanatha

Radio Rama

Rate this topic

I recall in the early eighties, Srila Prabhupada's disciple Bhakta dasa produced a mock radio show which spoofed modern material society's media and it's ability to sanitize or ignore some of the more tragic aspects of the material world.

There was a game show spoof called "What's Your Karma" starring a "Don Yamaraja" and another skit called "Reality Tours" which imagined a bus load of ordindary folks touring some of the most hellish places imaginable (such as dropping in on the terminal wing of some cancer ward). It was both entertaining and quite strong in the message it was putting forth.

It would seem someone in former President Jimmy Carter's group has decided to actually make an actual "Reality Tour" theme park of sorts as explained in this article. . http://boston.com/dailynews/152/technology/Habitat_for_Humanity_to_open_s:.shtml

By the way does anyone else recall hearing this tape? I still have a copy floating around somewhere in my personal archive.

Voices done by Madhu-pandit? who also played Ram in New VrndAvan Ramayan version ~1980. George Harrison's KC Evolution; Santoor stringed instrument; abortion skit - Doctor Killmore; hey he looks like my father's brown jersey... etc - yes they should've made many more... anything good gets destroyed asap - Kaliyuga symptom

Guest guest

..Madhu Pandit here in Vancouver BC. producer of Radio Ram..glad to hear positive reviews..currently recording in experimental electro baul/vaisnava fusion with a 79 year old singer who arrived in 1967 San Francisco, brieflly met Prabhupada, and was inspired to perform Nimai Sannyasa in Vancouver in the seventies.May Krishna bless you in all your endeavours.Om Tat Sat Madhu Pandit das