IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Has anyone tasted or felt trancendental pleasure from chanting the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra, I'd really like to know of the experiences of devotee's or aspiring devotee's, thankyou Haribol..

Govindaram: I was expecting a flood load of reply's???????

Although I'm sure many here have experienced considerable pleasure from chanting the maha-mantra, it's probably not the sort of thing devotees would discuss except in the most confidential of company.

Haribol !

So one should not express his spiritual feelings , and his relationship with GOD , May be GOD would have done miralcles in one's life , he is suppose to tell it outside ?

If this is so , then i am doing it upside down and may that is why i am not able to feel him now a days ?

Will he make me out of agyaana and give gyaana to me !?

Oh My Krishna please take the bad out of me and give me Gyaana !

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala !

Srivats

Guest guest

Material miracles are neglegible while chanting the mantra, the true miracles are inexpressible.

The whole world changes when chanting this mantra. The uncontrollable bliss, the uncontrollable love, the uncontrollable compassion and the uncontrollable equamnity when experienced are inexpressable.

For me , when chanting this mantra I lose control of myself...

I know every one here feels the same way.

Hare Krishna

I wasn't quite expecting serious reply's but, stories of amazing visions, or feeling Lord Krishna giving you instructions from within your heart (I think I've felt that:))), thankyou Krishna, although I have no idea what you said to me!

Guest guest

It is almost impossible to express the inexpressible. It is not open for talk because the talk itself cannot exist for such a beautiful experience.

It is a pity that many people view such a blissful religion that gives this mantra as a "polytheistic religion of superstitious beliefs"

Haribol !

I used to chant other mantraas , and have felt the importance and value of them ..... but now a days only i am chanting the maha mantra, to be frank i am not able to realise the importance of it , I have not fell deep into that on the first place, but i am worried even after the full round of chanting my mind doesnot feel for it .

Iam still having hope that krishna will help me with this.

Srivats

Hare Krishna

You def. need to live by the 4 priciples of freedom to feel something while chanting the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra.

Srila Prabhupada said to make a vow before srimati tulasi devi, I personally put a tualsi leaf onto the lotus feet of Lord Krishna, and look at it while chanting on/off, also I have a tape of Srila Prabhupada playing while I'm chanting, I think you should try at least the above 2 things, prabhuji...

srivats: i am worried even after the full round of chanting my mind doesnot feel for it .

Thanks for your candor. In fact, we have to persist in chanting, and we need to graudally chant with prgressivel yrofound spiritual feeling. We can do this if we chant under the guidance of an expert spiritual master.

Have you ever read Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabu's Siksastka? It's only eight verses on the chanting of Krishna's names, but it's very rich and profound. Here are the first two verses:

Glory to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names, like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

So you see, your plight is not unique. Keep chanting, become more and more introspective, associate with advanced devotees of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, and, under their guidance, try to understand who Krishna is, who you are, and what your relationship with Him is.

Haribol !

I have read ghari's posting on the sankirtana , yes its truley a wonderful thing to hear and read.

I should search the thread and read it once again .

Let me do this , now that i started , i have no fear for the path , i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and i am sure krishna will not only be at the end to recieve me but he will walk with if i need help.

Govinda Bholo Gopala Bholo

Ram Ram Bholo harinam Bholo

Yeah Naam Saare hai jeevan Sahare

Paramaanandh ki kolthey hai dwaare

Jho Naam Chaho Vo Naam Bholo

Prem Se Bholo Bhaav Se Bholo !

Govinda Bholo Gopala Bholo

Ram Ram Bholo harinam Bholo

Srivats

Guest guest

Narrated at the Boston Temple in 1971 by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj

The Power Of Smaranam

A thief attended a professional Bhagavatam class. The thief heard about Krishna that He is decorated with all kinds valuable jewels. The thief also heard that Krishna's pastimes take place in Vrindaban. The thief then thought that he would go to Vrindaban and find Krishna and steal all His Valuable Jewels. The thief did not know that Krishna had His Vrindaban pastimes 5000 years ago.

So the thief set out for Vrindaban. On the way he thought only about Krishna and His jewels and how he would steal them from Sri Krishna.

When the thief got to Vrindaban, Krishna appeared to him.

He tried to get close to Krishna to steal His jewels but Krishna said to the thief: "My mother is calling Me to come home and eat lunch." Krishna then ran to His house.

After remembering Krishna all the time he became so purified that he ran after Krishna and fell down at Krishna's lotus feet and became a devotee.

here is the link;

http://www.dharmakshetra.com/articles3/Srila%20Prabhupada%20told%20this%20story%20in%20the%20Boston%20Temple%20in%201971.htm

Guest guest

Actually I envy the thief cuz he got to see krishna

Why be envious?

He went to rob Him and he saw Him.

If you cannot rob Him let Him steal your heart.

For that you must leave it unlocked. Then you may see Him.

Guest guest

Krishna came to a thief tainted with crime.

A tainted heart is no obstacle for Him.

And how will you ever perfect your heart

without His Grace?

Unlock your heart so He may steal it.

Your heart will only be perfect when you lose it to Him!

Jay Navaneetachora Jay!

Haribol !

Unlocking the heart to krishna thats sounds perfect... but who is the choice for his grace , thats the million doller question , he is not obvious for all , some may get him even when they are bad . Some may wont feel him at all even after doing good things a lot( i didnt mean that he wont help pure devotees but the gracefullness he shows ).. who has his grace.. its only upto him

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats