IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srivats

Srila Prabhupadas picture

Rate this topic

Haribol !

I was going through Iskon links , for collecting pictures of our lord.

I have come to the following site ,

http://www.iskcon.net/sacramento/

I have given the feedback but i am afraid this site was last updated couple of years before.

i dont like srila prabhupada 's picture shown as pieces.

can some do something about it ?

Madhava kesava Madhana Gopala !

Srivats

I noted that the site has not been maintained for four years. I remember seeing the site a few years ago and Prabhupada's picture did not look like that. Something must have gone wrong with the site and since it is not being maintained nobody seems to know.

Guest guest

ewwwwwwwwwwww That's how its SUPPOSE to be? Well, someone has poor artistic taste. Anyhow, they probably think it looks cool or something and need to be (politely) informed otherwise. They do have an email address:

Feedback @

ramadasa@iskcon.net

I can't do it cuz my computer doesn't work easily with these things.

Recently I went to visit one of our flagship ISKCON temples. I have not been there in some years and it was superb to see a great amount of visible progress in the way the facility was being used to embraced and encourage the public toward Krsna Consciousness. I currently reside far from a large temple thus to see this again, up close was very sweet.

But when I went to the gift shop I was greeted by a large rack of key chains with a variety of images which sastra indicates should only be dealt with in a most reverential way. Included were key chains with the picture of Srila Prabhupada's Divine image.

I say this only in the mood of hoping to discourage some inadvertant offense on the part of someone who might purchase one of these "icons" (somewhat) logically thinking that one should incorporate as many reminders of Krsna and His devotees into their daily routine as possible. I am not critizing the seller or the buyer simply mentioning that I know my keys are not always dealt with in the same way as, say, a Diety for example, so this might not be such a good practice.

On a more positive side I was also reminded of when I lived at this temple nearly twenty years ago, a brahmacari friend of mine, and fellow sankirtana chela came back from a day spent distributing books in a community some eighty miles away. He pulled me aside and told me a quite wonderful sankirtana story.

He had been inspired by two specific points made at that morning's Bhagavatam lecture.

The first point which had struck him was the fact that Lord Nityananda would travel far and wide distributing the holy name of Gaura Hari. Thus this brahmacari decided to travel that day to a less visited part of the local to distribute some of this Gaura prasada on behalf of Sri Nityanada Prabhu.

The second point this Maharaja made that morning was, while rather esoteric not outside of our ultimate philosphical conception. He proposed that "If" a devotee was totally immersed in the pure mood of sankirtana eventually he or she would find themselves perceiveing the direct presence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and his associates.

I know, a very high leap for someone who might still be struggling just to keep the rigors of being in a twenty-something-year old body at bay, but nonetheless something to shoot for. Since this devotee had a distance to travel he told me he set about focusing his mind and heart on the meditative prayer of "Please Sri Sri Gaura Nitia let me feel your presence". Something like this was his internal meditation.

Sometime after arriving at the "ALL AUSPICIOUS K-MART" where he had selected to start his day of book distribution he came up to a car with an Indian gentleman sitting waiting for someone in the store. As he began to speak to this man he was astonished to see the man had a laminated photo of our Gaura Nitia deities affixed to his dash board. There They were, as if they had packed up and followed him out there to the K-Mart. The gentleman told him in course of their conversation that he had purchased the photo at the temple gift shop.

When this Prabhu told me this story, aside from the immediate western response of "Man what are the odds?" We both concluded that once one plays even a little with this Krsna fellow, He makes it very hard to maintain any level of atheistic tendency.