IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jarmasa

Water retention and Odema

Rate this topic

Three years ago I moved to a country, Sth Korea which has very high humidity in the summers. When I first arrived a had, for the first time, a big problem with odema, water retention.

Since then I have tried to cut out salt, meat and excess alcohol, added a general B vitamin with added B12 as well as evening primrose. Last summer I found that regular, everyday for atleast 1 - 1 1/2 hrs, exercise helped.

I have recently, over the past two months, started practising yoga, a combination of hatha and iyengar. Once again, with the onset of summer, I am beginning to get the telltale symptoms of odema, swelling feet, legs, hands, general puffiness.

Are there any other suggestions or recommendations?

Guest guest

I have suffered the same problem in the heat and humidity of Asia. The following treatment helps in the short term - in the long term a change of location to a cool climate!

Cut a strip of cotton cloth 2 or 3 inches wide, and about 15 inches long, wet it in cool water, squeeze out excess, and wrap firmly around your ankles and slightly up the leg, then wrap a towelling face cloth around the wet wraps and secure with a safety pin. You will find that your swellling ankles are much better in the mornings. Do this every night. Excercise also helps a lot as does diet.

Hope this helps you as it has me.

Guest guest

If your Edema is related to humidity, I strongly suggest you both check out allergies, possibly to mold or mildew which can be in the air and swished around by rain but even just by humidity.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

Safest and by far the most effective cure is Anthocyanins

Simply eat some of these (order of most importance):

a)bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)

b)elderberry

c)blackberry

d)sweet cherries

e)rasberries:- hull, thornless, and jewel.

f)Early black cranberries (or just ordinary cranberry juice)

g)Elliot blueberries

h)red cabbage anthocyanins protect animals against oxidative stress from the toxin paraquat

i)Eggplant contains a derivative of the anthocyanidin delphinidin called nasunin, which interferes with the dangerous hydroxyl radical-generating system—a major source of oxidants in the body.

j)Red grapes

k)Hawthorne berries

see www.florahealth.com/flora/home/USA/HealthInformation/encyclopedias/Anthocyanins.asp

and

www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/NSN_backs/Dec_01/antho.cfm