IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Om Namo Sivaya

Rate this topic

From Srila Prabhupada's lecture on SB Allahabad, Jan 15 1971

Guest: We say, om namah siväya, om namah siväya. What is the difference, om namah siväya, om namo hare räma? You say Hare Räma moksa. Om namah siväya is no moksa?

Prabhupäda: No.

Guest: Who is Siva?

Prabhupäda: Siva is Siva.

Guest: No, Kärttikeya, who...? Daitya...?

Prabhupäda: That's all right, but Siva is Siva.

Guest: Siva, is he not a god?

Prabhupäda: He's a demigod.

Guest: Devi-god.

Prabhupäda: Demigod, not devi-god. Demigod.

Guest: He is also god.

Prabhupäda: Yes. God, you are also god.

Guest: We are also, get the same reward through the Hare

Räma Krsna mürti.

Prabhupäda: No, no.

Guest: That is, increases, eh?

Prabhupäda: If you chant Hare Krsna you'll get the different result. And if you chant Siva's name you'll get different result.

Guest: Which is the best?

Prabhupäda: Hare Krsna.

Yamunä: Haribol!

Prabhupäda: If you chant Lord Siva's name you will get material opulence, but if you chant Lord Vishnu's name, then you'll be transferred to the spiritual world. So we have to be very cautious. Just like a person, after being freed from the diseased condition, he is in convalescent stage. In convalescent, again if he does something wrong, the disease is relapse. Then, at that time, one has to be very careful, not that Because I have become liberated, I'll do anything, no. That is going on. Just like we Indians, we have become independent, and therefore we are doing anything we like and we are conditioned now again.

Guest: (Hindi) [break]

Prabhupäda: ...of Brahman. You are also Brahman. So your manifestation and Lord Siva's manifestation is not the same. So there are different grades of manifestation. We have to know that. Although the thing is one but there are different manifestation, not that because everything is one, that everyone is the same. No. Hare Krsna.

Hamsadüta: Hare Krsna. Prabhupäda just gave a wonderful example which I will repeat. He said that everything is one, just like wood. Wood in the primary stage is wood, and then in the smoking stage it's also wood. And then in the fire stage it is also wood, but fire is required. So in three stages... So similarly, the Supreme Lord is manifest as Brahmä, Siva, and Vishnu. So it is compared to the wood. (end)

Devotee: Srila Prabhupäda, in Winnipeg there is one very pious east Indian man who for many years has been worshiping somewhat, worshiping Lord Siva. And his wife is also a very quite chaste woman and sincere follower and so were her parents of Lord Siva. And he is reading your Bhagavad-gétä. He visits our temple. And I have given him the first volume of Canto Four which discusses Lord Siva a great deal. And he has read in one of your purports that Krsna is more pleased when you worship His devotee than when you worship Him directly. And Lord Siva is a very great devotee of Krsna. So he has now interpreted that to mean that if he worships Lord Siva so nicely, then actually he is pleasing Krsna more. So he is experiencing some difficulty because of this and I'm not quite sure how to instruct him that actually...

Prabhupäda: Difficulty?

Brahmänanda: That... Our Godbrother has difficulty in replying to this interpretation that Krsna says, You can please Me by worshiping My devotee, and Lord Siva is the devotee of Krsna. So therefore this man says, Then I shall worship Lord Siva. In that way I shall please Krsna.

Prabhupäda: But if he accepts Lord Siva is devotee of Krsna, then by worshiping Lord Siva he will be benefited. If he thinks Lord Siva is independent, then he will not be benefited.

Devotee (3): I've got him to accept that Lord Siva is devotee of Krsna, but there's no practical instruction in his worldly activities coming.

Prabhupäda: No, vaiñëavänäm yathä çambhuù: Amongst the Vaiñëavas, Sambhu, Lord Siva, is the greatest Vaisnava. So we worship Lord Siva as Vaisnava. We gives respect to Vaisnavas. So why not Lord Siva? Lord Siva is a big Vaisnava. But generally, the devotees of Lord Siva, they take Lord Siva is independent God. That is offensive. If you know that Lord Siva is also a devotee, you can give more respect to Lord Siva. Krsna will be pleased.

Devotee (3): Srila Prabhupäda, he does not chant Hare Krsna, he chants om siväya namah.

Prabhupäda: That's all right.

Devotee (3): It's all right?

Prabhupäda: He will gradually become devotee. When God, Lord Siva, will be pleased upon him, he will advise to worship.

Devotee (3): He is already trying to tell him to follow in your footsteps surely, so just before I left he said he will try once again to chant sixteen rounds of japa, Hare Krsna. He has tried already. He has a taste for...

Prabhupäda: If he simply understands that Lord Siva is a Vaisnava and if he worships Lord Siva, then he will get the benefit.

Brahmänanda: I was just thinking that in Hyderabad you also spoke something very unpopular when you were discussing about the worship of Lord Siva and Lord Krsna. And you used the example of the milk and the curd.

Prabhupäda: Yes.

Brahmänanda: And one man in the audience, he asked you, Who is the milk and who is the curd? And you said that Krsna is the milk, and Siva is the curd. And he did not like that.

Prabhupäda: There is milk and the curd. So one must become milk, one must become curd. So if Krsna is the origin of everything, then He must be the milk. Sarva-käraëa-käraëam [bs. 5.1].

éçvaraù paramaù kåñëaù

sac-cid-änanda-vigrahaù

anädir ädir govindaù

sarva-käraëa-käraëam

[bs. 5.1]

So He is the cause of all causes. So if milk is the cause of curd, then Krsna is the milk. Come on. (some children enter room) Cause of all causes. Come forward. (end)

Guest guest

============================================================

From Srila Prabhupada's lecture on SB Allahabad, Jan 15 1971

Guest: We say, om namah siväya, om namah siväya. What is the difference, om namah siväya, om namo hare räma? You say Hare Räma moksa. Om namah siväya is no moksa?

Prabhupäda: NO

Guest: Who is Siva?

Prabhupäda: SIVA IS SIVA

Guest: No, Kärttikeya, who...? Daitya...?

Prabhupäda: THAT IS ALRIGHT, BUT SHIVA IS SHIVA

Guest: Siva, is he not a god?

Prabhupäda: HE IS A DEMI-god

Guest: Devi-god.

Prabhupäda: Demigod, not devi-god. Demigod.

Guest: He is also god.

Prabhupäda: YES, GOD, YOU ARE ALSO GOD

Guest: We are also, get the same reward through the Hare

Räma Krsna mürti.

Prabhupäda: No, no.

Guest: That is, increases, eh?

Prabhupäda: If you chant Hare Krsna you'll get the different result. And if you chant Siva's name you'll get different result.

Guest: Which is the best?

Prabhupäda: Hare Krsna.

==========================================================

Islam is far better than this arrogant vaishnavism!

Guest guest

Shree vakratund mahakaya koti surya samha prabho

Nirvighnam kurume deva subha karya sah sarvada.

If someone has an affinity to one name of the Lord it does not dilute the potency for other thousands of names of the Sweet Lord.

In Vishnu sahastra naam Lord Siva's names are there.

Shree Krishna declares in Bhagvat Gita,

Adityanam aham Visnur

Rudranam Sankara ch asmi

Ramah s'astra bratam aham

Lots of other puranic evidence is there, written by none other than Shree Vyasdev, where he has glorified both the Lords in their respective Purans.

This debate has been going on since a long long time, and i dare say it will go on and on

Best we shuld chnnel our energy, perfecting our life , follow the regulative principals and make this journey off ours enjoyable for all.

As long as i have desires and hate in me there is no chance of progress.

Chant Hari nam

Jai Shree Krishna