IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

Meeting and Separation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

***Do any of you want Krsna to be separated from Radhika?

This is spiritual mood, it is spiritual energy, it is not material, but high mood devotion.

Guest guest

***Vipralambha is only needed to help nourish meeting.

In Krisna lila. In Krisna lila vipralambha do strong sambhoga. In Gaura lila vipralambha eternal emotion. Vipralambha it ia highest emotion spiritual world, then Lord Caitanya take her etrnal. He is God, He is Supreme enjoyer.

Guest guest

****Those who are confidential servants of Srimati Radhika,

and who have more affection for Her than for Krsna,

never desire Her separation from Krsna.

In fact, Vrajavasis like Lalita and Visakha, and palya-dasis like Rupa Manjari, Rati Manjari, and Kamala Manjari,

cannot tolerate the separation of Radhika from Krsna at all.

Do you know who is Kamala Manjari?

In her sadhaka form she (he) is Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

In his song, Sri Krsna Virahe, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes: "I cannot bear to see the feelings of separation of Radhika":

What is year this lecture?

Guest guest

****That vipralambha serves as a nourishing element for future meetings. " (Srila BV Svami Prabhupada's explanation in Teachings of Lord Caitanya)

Spiritual master give many descriptions mood and so on. Needs understand them in RIGHT sense. Do not do primitive rule for sect. I am give citations abhout another. Is MANY rule and descriptions. They many, needs undersnand they, and rise in level spiritual life. Sraddha it is nice, but sraddha not all spiritual life. SP teach abhout wery high, it is fruit wery ripe (?), then wery carefully needs take his. Spiritual life so big, so butiful, no needs do sect.

What needs vipralambha? Flower in body Lord Krisna no have vipralambha.

Guest guest

***In that mood of separation the gopis are fully absorbed in Krsna,

in all His qualities and in all His pastimes.

Yes, but they do not undtrstand this. All discriptions gaudiya sastra needs for rise this level. It is spiritual it is not material. For THIS purpos Goswamis write all sastra. In They sastra is all -gunas, vaikuntha, sambhoga, but it is supreme target. Lord Caitanya not speak nothing, only this. AC Bhactivedanta Svami speak - "this is love". This teach uttama guru, and His true followers.

So is many gurus, all they is way for spiritual world. True disciple do not speak - "i higher may guru". If guru do not have hight position, then go him and speak - "dear guru maharaja, please take me permission for siksa. If He is do not permission - it is envy.

Utkanthitva purva raga

from Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu Bindu

by Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura

and translated by my gurudeva.

In prita-bhakti-rasa there are two conditions:

(1) <font color="blue"> ayoga </font color> (general term for separation)

(2) <font color="blue"> yoga </font color> (meeting).

Ayoga

The absence of Krsna’s association is called ayoga.

In this conditionall devotees experience various symptoms or anubhåvas

such as deep absorption of the mind in Sri Krsna,

searching out His qualities, and

thinking of some means by which He may be obtained.

Ayoga is further divided into two parts:

(1) <font color="blue"> utkanthitva</font color> - anxious longing

The desire to see Sri Krsna <font color="red"> for the first time</font color> is called utkanthitva or anxious longing(not separation).

(2) <font color="red"> viyoga—separation.</font color>

When there is separation from Krsna after having

already attained His association, it is called viyoga.

Only in separation (viyoga) there are ten conditions:

(1) anga-tåpa (fever or burning of the limbs),

(2) krishatå (emaciation),

(3) jågarana (sleeplessness),

(4) ålambana-shünyatå (absence of support or shelter for the mind),

(5) adhriti (absence of fortitude or absence of attachment for all objects),

(6) jadatå (inertness),

(7) vyådhi (disease),

(8) unmåda (madness),

(9) mürcchå (fainting),

(10) mriti (death).

Yoga

To be united with Krsna is called yoga. Yoga is of three types:

(1) siddhi—perfection,

(2) (2) tush†i—satisfaction, and

(3) (3) sthiti—residence.

After utkantitva when one meets Krsna for the first time,

it is called <font color="blue"> siddhi or perfection</font color> .

When one is reunited with Krsna after separation ( viyoga),

it is called <font color="blue"> tushti or satisfaction.</font color>

To live together with Sri Krsna on a steady basis

is called <font color="blue"> sthiti (residence).</font color>

In this connection it is importantant

that we try to be together with Krsna

we try to be yogi <font color="blue"> (bhakti-yogi)</font color> and not ayogi.

And we can use our heavy separated state to nourish

the wish of being with guru and vaisnavas, Sri Nityaananda,

Mahprabhu and the yugala milan.

Guest guest

TEXT 240

"Separation from Krsna is better than meeting Him. When I meet Him there is only one Krsna, but when I am separated from Him the three worlds become filled with Krsnas."

Padyavali Srila Rupa Gosvami

88 The blazing conflagration of separation from You is burning up the forest of Radha&#8217;s body; it has surrounded the doe of her life and to make matters worse Cupid is like a hunter mercilessly shooting his arrows at her. All these circumstances have become so overpowering that I fear this doe shall be forced to abandon the forest of Radha&#8217;s body within a day or two. Therefore, if You wish to see her again in this life You had better come quickly for there&#8217;s not much time left.

89 Radhika has now surrendered herself fully to Siva whose body is the white color of the foam on the ocean of milk and who is crowned by the moon. Since he is the subduer of Cupid it is beyond the power of Eros to do her any harm. Only You for some reason remain tormenting her constantly for the sake of Your own amusement.

90 O jewel of the Yadu dynasty! You do not know the intensity of the feelings of the cowherd maidens; neither do we know what magic causes us to go on loving You despite Your cruelty. Your friend Uddhava who was known as a madman in his childhood because of his absorption in love for You has tried to mitigate our suffering with many spiritual teachings from the scriptures, but frankly, such utterances only aggravate the anguish of Srimati Radharani.

91 That Uddhava who is a true follower of his teacher Brihaspati now holds the post of prime minister in the Yadu court. Our friend, Yamuna is the sister of the Lord of Yamaraj. These two are therefore no longer actively pursuing our interests and, oh chief of the Yadus, who else is there known to us in Your court who will be able to properly narrate Radhika&#8217;s sorrows and thus appease You.

92 Due to throwing herself on the ground in agony Srimati Radharani has become bruised externally as well as internally. She is enwrapped in great hopes that have yet to be fulfilled and her bodily color has become wan. She finds no joy in anything and thus even her conversation and amusements in the association of her girlfriends have come to an end. O Krishna, You are like the moon when will You come and revive Radha with the touch of Your feet just as the moon revives the lily with the touch of its rays.

93-94 O hero! for so long my sakhi has hoped against hope for reunion with You and only for that reason did she make any effort to protect her life against innumerous threats. Now, however, the faintest hope for such a reunion has deserted her as the expected date of Your return has long since passed. She is calmly gazing at the mango buds in expectation of a quick demise. Previously she would not dare to look at things which promote the memory of You, her beloved, but now she is looking at them thinking they will expedite her expiry.

95 Radhika&#8217;s end is near and her friends have long since given up efforts to save her for they can see that Cupid has causelessly chosen to make her his enemy and torment her and it is impossible to do anything at all to help her. Only one friend still remains by the side of the lotus-eyed Radha to preserve her life and that is the hope of Your return.

96 O Krishna! Expert enjoyer of the rasa dance! If You have truly forsaken that Radha with whom You once created a love which deepened in intensity at every moment, then curses on this swab of cotton which we are holding before her nose and which indicates that there is still some slight bit of life within her.

97 O Mukunda! Who on this earth can narrate the hundreds of things that Radharani prattles in her delirious state? O Lord! let me repeat some of those utterances. Please make these statements enter into Your beautiful ears which are decorated by dolphin shaped earrings.

98 Radha says, "O Lalita! When Krishna was in Vrindavan, His ever-increasing love for me made easily consider my religious duties to my husband as something exceedingly insignificant. How painful it is that He no longer loves me. I&#8217;m embarrassed that I am still maintaining my life in this body which has now become unbearable burden."

99 "I do not know the words which most effectively can be used in a message to Him. If I say, I love You more than my very self, then He will consider it pretentious. If I say, I cannot live without You, it speaks of my selfishness and fades the glory of love and if I say, Why do You not come back to Vrindavan, then it will reveal that we are always thinking of Him."

104 "My mind is burning up! How terrible! What should I do ? I can see no shore on either side of this great ocean of suffering into which I have fallen. I am making this prayer to you with my head bowed somebody please tell me how I can cross over, or at least how I can have the patience to tolerate the situation."

118 So my dear swan, after you have thus submitted all these Gokula messages at His feet you must offer our respects to all the intimate associates of the Lord and incur their pleasure, for those ornaments, etc. that the Lord carries on His own body are the recipients of His special mercy and love.

119 O lover of the she-swans! First you should speak to the forest flower garland which so attractively adorns His chest. After inquiring after her health you should say to her as follow: "O highly qualified one! Have you forgotten the doe-eyed Radha who for so long accompanied you, being adhered to the breast of the enemy of Kamsa?"

122 O goddess! Listen to me. I am taking shelter of you with a heart full of love because I know that you live at the base of His vinelike ears. When there are no Vrsnis about to overhear you, please whisper into those ears of His all of these please of ours; convey the sufferings Radharani experiences in separation from Him."

123 O best of the birds! Then you must kindly give the following notification to the Kaustubha jewel, speaking with all humility. After conveying to him my loving embrace, say: "O friend, it seems you have completely forgotten even Radha, one who was so dear to you. I must be due to your always remaining on Hari&#8217;s chest this has made you fickle and everyone knows how foolish it is to love the fickle.

124 O jewel of the gods! Because you abide on His chest you know His heart, therefore I am asking you whether we shall ever see His wild dancing on the banks of the Yamuna along with musical expertise as He plays His flute to the accompaniment of the jingling waist and anklebells, bracelets and other ornaments of the dancing gopis.

125 O conchshell! You are a newcomer and have never met us gopis and thus you haven&#8217;t got the slightest conception of the glories of Srimati Radharani. Even as, we appeal to you, telling you of the pain within our hearts, for those who are of a generous nature are always affectionate to those who are pained and weary.

126 You are the offspring of the oceans heart! O friend! Please come one time for a visit to the precincts of Vrindavan bringing Govinda with you, of course. You will enjoy residing there. But then again, how will you be able to make the land of cows dear when the glories of the flutes fortune are being sung everywhere constantly?

127 After you have thus spoken to each of these intimate associates of the Lord, then brother, speak to Him once again, telling Him the tales of His own ten incarnations in words which are sweet and loving but mixed with a good dose of anger also.

128 O Great Fish! My sakhi baited the hook of her heart with the delicacy of love just to catch You, throwing it into the water of affection. But You swallowed the bait and the hook and pulled the string of her ability to reason so that she has completely submerged in those waters. Alas, what can the poor girl do now?

129 O Krishna! My lamentable friend came closer to You when she saw Your attractive form and dalliances. She was both curious and enlivened greatly, but You immediately behaved like a tortoise, hiding Your beautiful limbs and showing only a hard shell. Is such behavior proper?

130 O enemy of Kamsa! Once again You have demonstrated the behaviors of a hog by taking Kubja, a servant girl of a low class to Your heart while she was taking sandalwood paste for King Kamsa. Thus You made her Your wife just as in Your boar incarnation You picked up the earth from the mud at the bottom of the universe and made her Your wife.

131 Although Your pastimes as half-man and half-lion are long since past, still You have not abandoned the mood of that incarnation. At that time You showed favor to Prahlada while to others You displayed extreme cruelty, tearing open their hearts. This time also You are showing attachment to Akrura while You tear open our hearts by leaving us in this heartless way.

132 O Vamana! Just like Bali ignored his guru, so Radha also ignored the wishes of her elders, thinking her love was sufficiently powerful and that thus You were hers. In this way she surrendered herself along with the kingdom of her mind to You completely. Well, she got her just deserts, for You have shackled her in the bonds of unfulfilled love and thrown her far away from You just as Vamana bound Bali in chains and exiled him to the lower planets.

133 O Lord! my girlfriend wants to jump from the mountain and commit suicide and thus it is logical for You to be hard on her O Bhrigupati! It is very difficult to understand Your activities when You have even forgotten Your father Nanda Maharaja who is so dear to You. From the point of view of Bhrigupati. O Lord, Radha is trying to conquer Your capital city and so You are naturally cruel to her. Still Your activities are hard to understand, for You have abandoned even Your own guru Siva when You became unable to maintain the bow he had given You, being defeated by Ramachandra.

134 O Lord of the Radha dynasty! Now that You have left Vraja all the cows are greatly oppressed by different miseries or the demon Dasana who was killed by Rama; similarly the area surrounding Govardhana appears to be drying up or taking on the nature of Ravana&#8217;s brother Khara; the land of Vraja will soon be bereft of Srimati Radharani who is dying in separation for You or the land is being subjugated by Viradha, another demon killed by Rama; it can be seen that now a great plague is fearfully dancing in the once happy land or the demon Marica is dancing fearfully. How can You remain indifferent when all these demons You once killed are thus dancing in delight at Your non-presence?

135 O Buddha! Omniscient one! You are always merciful to all, but why are You not sympathetic to Srimati Radharani who is never attached to anything but You? She is inimical to the god of lust and opposes everything which interferes with the attainment of her desired goal, always remaining absorbed in meditation on You.

136 O Kalki! Come here and with the sword of Your loving sidelong glances cut apart the infidel suffering born of Your separation. Come and show Your love for the cowherd men and make the land of Vrindavan a place with a happy Radharani once again.

137 O lord of the birds! In this way you should repeat these messages of love to Krishna with wetting your face and body with the tears pouring from your eyes. Then with your head lowered look at His lotus feet and wait attentively for His reply.

138 O lord of the swans! Please don&#8217;t hesitate just think how rare a sight the form of Nanda Maharaja&#8217;s son is. Shouldn&#8217;t you go and see Him at least once? The gopis are the glory of the world don&#8217;t you think you should do this little favor for them? It will only take a few hours, please brother, don&#8217;t doubt or delay.

139 O enchanter of the female swans! Your mind is absorbed in the desire to appreciate the finer points of romantic dealings; you are the most discerning of persons, for you are able to separate just the milk from a solution of milk and water. Therefore I ask you, do you think it is proper for you to delay in such an important and romantic affair as going to Mathura to speak to Krishna on our behalf?..

140 All glories to my spiritual master! Just like Sukadeva Goswami was devoted to Lord Krishna from his very being constantly absorbed in discussion of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and thus very dear to the devotees, so too was he always indifferent to the pleasure of material life being fully aware of the sweetness of the devotional life. He is the foremost of those scholars who concern themselves with the esoteric aspects of the scriptures dealing with Radha and Krishna&#8217;s conjugal affairs. All glories to him who is known in the world by the name "Sakar" (Sanatana Gosvami).

141 This poem is concerned with the most confidential and profound of Krishna&#8217;s lilas and is therefore glorious. Those persons who are both knowledgeable in and sensitive to such transcendental subject will never criticize either the external merits and defects of the work from a crass technical standpoint nor will they find fault in the activities of the Lord Himself who is the only true friend of the world. May this short opus therefore be dedicated to Him and may it be the cause of deep and even increasing joy to Him.

Sri Hamsaduta

"Therefore Lord Gauranga, who is Sri Hari Himself, accepted the sentiments of Radha and thus fulfilled His own desires."

&#8220;Lord Caitanya is the shelter of the demigods, the goal of the Upani&#1089;ads, the be-all and end-all of the great sages, the beautiful shelter of His devotees, and the essence of the love of the lotus-eyed gopis. Will He again be the object of my vision?&#8221;

&#8220;Lord K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love of one of His multitude of loving damsels [&#1047;r&#1081; R&#1076;dh&#1076;], and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya. He has tasted that love while hiding His own dark complexion with Her effulgent yellow color. May that Lord Caitanya confer upon us His grace.&#8221;

PURPORT

Texts 51 and 52 are from the Stava-m&#1076;l&#1076; of &#1047;r&#1081;la R&#1100;pa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;.

While relating in synopsis form the last division of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu, in this chapter I shall describe the Lord&#8217;s transcendental ecstasy, which appears like madness due to His separation from K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a.

The Lord constantly exhibited a state of mind reflecting the madness of separation. All His activities were based on forgetfulness, and His talks were always based on madness.

Blood flowed from all the pores of His body, and all His teeth were loosened. At one moment His whole body became slender, and at another moment His whole body became fat.

The small room beyond the corridor is called the Gambh&#1081;r&#1076;. &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu used to stay in that room, but He did not sleep for a moment. ...

Although the three doors of the house were always closed, the Lord would nonetheless go out and sometimes would be found at the Jagann&#1076;tha Temple, before the gate known as Si&#1072;ha-dv&#1076;ra. And sometimes the Lord would fall flat into the sea.

&#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu would also run very fast across the sand hills, mistaking them for Govardhana. As He ran, He would wail and cry loudly.

Sometimes Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu mistook the small parks of the city for V&#1077;nd&#1076;vana. Sometimes He would go there, dance and chant and sometimes fall unconscious in spiritual ecstasy.

&#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu used to express His mind in this way, &#8220;Where is the Lord of My life, who is playing His flute? What shall I do now? Where should I go to find the son of Mah&#1076;r&#1076;ja Nanda?

&#8220;To whom should I speak? Who can understand My disappointment? Without the son of Nanda Mah&#1076;r&#1076;ja, My heart is broken.&#8221;

In this way &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu always expressed bewilderment and lamented in separation from K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a. At such times He used to recite the &#1079;lokas from R&#1076;m&#1076;nanda R&#1076;ya&#8217;s drama known as Jagann&#1076;tha-vallabha-n&#1076;&#1094;aka.

&#8220;[&#1047;r&#1081;mat&#1081; R&#1076;dh&#1076;r&#1076;&#1083;&#1081; used to lament:] &#8216;Our K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a does not realize what we have suffered from injuries inflicted in the course of loving affairs. We are actually misused by love because love does not know where to strike and where not to strike. Even Cupid does not know of our very weakened condition. What should I tell anyone? No one can understand another&#8217;s difficulties. Our life is actually not under our control, for youth will remain for two or three days and soon be finished. In this condition, O creator, what will be our destination?&#8217;

[&#1047;r&#1081;mat&#1081; R&#1076;dh&#1076;r&#1076;&#1083;&#1081; spoke thus, in distress due to separation from K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a:] &#8220;Oh, what shall I say of My distress? After I met K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a My loving propensities sprouted, but upon separating from Him I sustained a great shock, which is now continuing like the sufferings of a disease. The only physician for this disease is K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a Himself, but He is not taking care of this sprouting plant of devotional service. What can I say about the behavior of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a? Outwardly He is a very attractive young lover, but at heart He is a great cheat, very expert in killing others&#8217; wives.&#8221;

[&#1047;r&#1081;mat&#1081; R&#1076;dh&#1076;r&#1076;&#1083;&#1081; continued lamenting about the consequences of loving K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a:] &#8220;My dear friend, I do not understand the regulative principles given by the Creator. I loved K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a for happiness, but the result was just the opposite. I am now in an ocean of distress. It must be that now I am going to die, for My vital force no longer remains. This is My state of mind.

In this way, Lord &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu lamented in a great ocean of sadness, and thus He opened the doors of His unhappiness. Forced by the waves of ecstasy, His mind wandered over transcendental mellows, and in this way He recited another verse [as follows].

&#8220; &#8216;My dear friends, unless I serve the transcendental form, qualities and pastimes of &#1047;r&#1081; K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, all My days and all My senses will become entirely useless. Now I am uselessly bearing the burden of My senses, which are like stone blocks and dried wood. I do not know how long I will be able to continue without shame.&#8217;

&#8220;Of what use are eyes if one does not see the face of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, which resembles the moon and is the birthplace of all beauty and the reservoir of the nectarean songs of His flute? Oh, let a thunderbolt strike his head! Why does he keep such eyes?

&#8220;My dear friends, please hear Me. I have lost all providential strength. Without K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, My body, consciousness and mind, as well as all My senses, are useless.

&#8220;Topics about K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a are like waves of nectar. If such nectar does not enter one&#8217;s ear, the ear is no better than the hole of a damaged conchshell. Such an ear is created for no purpose.

Lamenting in this way, &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu opened the doors of grief within His heart. Morose, humble and disappointed, He recited a verse again and again with a despondent heart.

&#8220; &#8216;If by chance the transcendental form of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a comes before My path of vision, My heart, injured from being beaten, will be stolen away by Cupid, happiness personified. Because I could not see the beautiful form of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a to My heart&#8217;s content, when I again see His form I shall decorate the phases of time with many jewels.

&#8220;Whenever I had the chance to see Lord K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a&#8217;s face and His flute, even in a dream, two enemies would appear before Me. They were pleasure and Cupid, and since they took away My mind, I was not able to see the face of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a to the full satisfaction of My eyes.

&#8220;If by chance such a moment comes when I can once again see K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, then I shall worship those seconds, moments and hours with flower garlands and pulp of sandalwood and decorate them with all kinds of jewels and ornaments.&#8221;

In an instant, &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu regained external consciousness and saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, &#8220;Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility?

PURPORT

When &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu thus spoke in ecstasy, He saw two persons before Him. One was His secretary, Svar&#1100;pa D&#1076;modara, and the other was R&#1076;ya R&#1076;m&#1076;nanda. Coming to His external consciousness, He saw them both present, and although He was still talking in the ecstasy of &#1047;r&#1081;mat&#1081; R&#1076;dh&#1076;r&#1076;&#1083;&#1081;, He immediately began to question whether He was the same &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu.

&#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu continued, &#8220;My dear friends, you are all My life and soul; therefore I tell you that I possess no wealth of love for K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a. Consequently My life is poverty-stricken. My limbs and senses are useless.&#8221;

&#8220; &#8216;Love of Godhead, devoid of cheating propensities, is not possible within this material world. If there is such a love, there cannot be separation, for if there is separation, how can one live?&#8217;

&#8220;Pure love for K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, just like gold from the J&#1076;mb&#1100; River, does not exist in human society. If it existed, there could not be separation. If separation were there, one could not live.&#8221;

Thus speaking, the son of &#1047;r&#1081;mat&#1081; &#1047;ac&#1081;m&#1076;t&#1076; recited another wonderful verse, and R&#1076;m&#1076;nanda R&#1076;ya and Svar&#1100;pa D&#1076;modara heard this verse with rapt attention. &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu said, &#8220;I feel shameful to disclose the activities of My heart. Nonetheless, I shall be done with all formalities and speak from the heart. Please hear.&#8221;

&#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu continued, &#8220; &#8216;My dear friends, I have not the slightest tinge of love of Godhead within My heart. When you see Me crying in separation, I am just falsely exhibiting a demonstration of My great fortune. Indeed, not seeing the beautiful face of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a playing His flute, I continue to live My life like an insect, without purpose.&#8217;

&#8220;Actually, My love for K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a is far, far away. Whatever I do is actually false. When you see Me cry, I am simply exhibiting My great fortune. Please try to understand this beyond a doubt.

&#8220;Even though I do not see the moonlike face of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a playing on His flute and although there is no possibility of My meeting Him, still I take care of My own body. That is the way of lust. In this way, I maintain My flylike life.

&#8220;Unalloyed love of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a is like an ocean of happiness. If someone gets one drop of it, the whole world can drown in that drop. It is not befitting to express such love of Godhead, yet a madman must speak. However, even though he speaks, no one believes him.&#8221;

In this way, Lord Caitanya used to revel in ecstasy day after day and exhibit these ecstasies before Svar&#1100;pa and R&#1076;m&#1076;nanda R&#1076;ya. Externally there appeared severe tribulation, as if He were suffering from poisonous effects, but internally He was experiencing bliss. This is characteristic of transcendental love of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a.

If one tastes such love of Godhead, he can compare it to hot sugarcane. When one chews hot sugarcane, his mouth burns, yet he cannot give it up. Similarly, if one has but a little love of Godhead, he can perceive its powerful effects. It can only be compared to poison and nectar mixed together.

Lord Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu spoke, &#8220; &#8216;My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, the son of Nanda Mah&#1076;r&#1076;ja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one&#8217;s heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways. The poisonous effects of love of Godhead defeat the severe and fresh poison of the serpent. Yet there is simultaneously transcendental bliss, which pours down and defeats the pride of nectar and diminishes its value. In other words, love of K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one&#8217;s head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous and nectarean.&#8217; &#8221;

When coming from the Jagann&#1076;tha temple to return to His house, &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu used to sit on the ground and mark it with His nails. At such times He would be greatly morose and would cry, &#8220;Alas, where is V&#1077;nd&#1076;vana? Where is K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, the son of the King of the cowherd men? Where is that person who plays the flute?&#8221;

&#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu used to lament by saying, &#8220;Where is &#1047;r&#1081; K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, whose form is curved in three places? Where is the sweet song of His flute, and where is the bank of the Yamun&#1076;? Where is the r&#1076;sa dance? Where is that dancing, singing, and laughing? Where is My Lord, Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid?&#8221;

In this way various ecstatic emotions evolved, and the Lord&#8217;s mind filled with anxiety. He could not escape even for a moment. In this way, because of fierce feelings of separation, His patience began to totter, and He began to recite various verses.

&#8220; &#8216;O My Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O friend of the helpless! You are the only ocean of mercy! Because I have not met You, My inauspicious days and nights have become unbearable. I do not know how I shall pass the time.&#8217;

&#8220;All these inauspicious days and nights are not passing, for I have not met You. It is difficult to know how to pass all this time. But You are the friend of the helpless and an ocean of mercy. Kindly give Me Your audience, for I am in a precarious position.&#8221;

In this way, the Lord&#8217;s restlessness was awakened by ecstatic feelings, and His mind became agitated. No one could understand what course such ecstasy would take. Because Lord Caitanya could not meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead, K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, His mind burned. He began to ask K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a of the means by which He could reach Him.

&#8220; &#8216;O K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, O flute-player, the sweetness of Your early age is wonderful within these three worlds. You know My unsteadiness, and I know Yours. No one else knows about this. I want to see Your beautiful attractive face somewhere in a solitary place, but how can this be accomplished?&#8217;

&#8220;My dear K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, only You and I know the strength of Your beautiful features and, because of them, My unsteadiness. Now, this is My position; I do not know what to do or where to go. Where can I find You? I am asking You to give directions.&#8221;

Because of the various kinds of ecstasy, contradictory states of mind occurred, and this resulted in a great fight between different types of ecstasy. Anxiety, impotence, humility, anger and impatience were all like soldiers fighting, and the madness of love of Godhead was the cause.

The body of the Lord was just like a field of sugarcane into which the mad elephants of ecstasy entered. There was a fight amongst the elephants, and in the process the entire field of sugarcane was destroyed. Thus transcendental madness was awakened in the body of the Lord, and He experienced despondency in mind and body. In this ecstatic condition, He began to speak as follows.

&#8220;My dear Lord, You are engaged in Your pastimes, and You utilize all the women in the universe according to Your desire. You are so kind to Me. Please divert Your attention to Me, for by fortune You have appeared before Me.

&#8220;My dear Lord, You attract all the women of the universe, and You make adjustments for all of them when they appear. You are Lord K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, and You can enchant everyone, but on the whole, You are nothing but a debauchee. Who can honor You?

&#8220;My dear K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a, Your mind is always restless. You cannot remain in one place, but You are not at fault for this. You are actually the ocean of mercy, the friend of My heart. Therefore I have no reason to be angry with You.

There were different transformations of the body of Lord Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu: being stunned, trembling, perspiring, fading away of color, weeping, and choking of the voice. In this way His whole body was pervaded by transcendental joy. As a result, sometimes Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu would laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes dance and sometimes sing. Sometimes He would get up and run here and there, and sometimes fall on the ground and lose consciousness.

L&#1081;l&#1076;&#1079;uka [bilvama&#1084;gala &#1062;h&#1076;kura] was an ordinary human being, yet he developed many ecstatic symptoms in his body. What, then, is so astonishing about these symptoms&#8217; being manifest in the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead? In the ecstatic mood of conjugal love, &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu was on the highest platform; therefore, all the exuberant ecstasies were naturally visible in His body.

No one, not even Lord Brahm&#1076;, can ascertain or even taste a drop of this confidential ocean of ecstasy, but &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu, out of His causeless mercy, has distributed this love of Godhead all over the world. Thus there cannot be any incarnation more munificent than &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu. There is no greater donor. Who can describe His transcendental qualities?

Such topics are not to be discussed freely because if they are, no one will understand them. Such are the wonderful pastimes of &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu. Unto one who is able to understand, &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu has shown mercy by giving him the association of the servant of His own servant.

The pastimes of &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu are the topmost of jewels. They have been kept in the storehouse of Svar&#1100;pa D&#1076;modara Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;, who has explained them to Raghun&#1076;tha d&#1076;sa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;, who has repeated them to me. Whatever little I have heard from Raghun&#1076;tha d&#1076;sa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081; I have described in this book, which is presented to all devotees.

If one says that &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya-carit&#1076;m&#1077;ta is full of Sanskrit verses and therefore not understandable by a common man, I reply that what I have described are the pastimes of &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu and that for me to satisfy everyone is not possible.

In this Caitanya-carit&#1076;m&#1077;ta there is no contradictory conclusion, nor is anyone else&#8217;s opinion accepted. I have written this book to describe the simple substance as I have heard it from superiors. If I become involved in someone&#8217;s likes and dislikes, I cannot possibly write the simple truth.

If one does not understand in the beginning but continues to hear again and again, the wonderful effects of Lord Caitanya&#8217;s pastimes will bring love for K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a. ...

I worship herewith the lotus feet of all kinds of devotees, both advanced and neophyte. I request all of them to be satisfied with me. I am faultless because I have written herein whatever I have understood from Svar&#1100;pa D&#1076;modara Gosv&#1076;m&#1081; and R&#1100;pa and Raghun&#1076;tha d&#1076;sa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;s. I have neither added to nor subtracted from their version.

According to the parampar&#1076; system, I wish to take the dust from the lotus feet of &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu, Nity&#1076;nanda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, and all the associates of &#1047;r&#1081; Caitanya Mah&#1076;prabhu like Svar&#1100;pa D&#1076;modara, R&#1100;pa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;, San&#1076;tana Gosv&#1076;m&#1081; and Raghun&#1076;tha d&#1076;sa Gosv&#1076;m&#1081;. I wish to take the dust of their lotus feet upon my head. In this way I wish to be blessed with their mercy.

The Supreme Lord &#1047;r&#1081; K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a cannot be seen by our present conditional vision. In order to see Him, one has to change his present vision by developing a different condition of life full of spontaneous love of Godhead. When &#1047;r&#1081; K&#1077;&#1089;&#1083;a was personally present on the face of the globe, not everyone could see Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Materialists like R&#1076;va&#1083;a, Hira&#1083;yaka&#1079;ipu, Ka&#1072;sa, Jar&#1076;sandha and &#1047;i&#1079;up&#1076;la, were highly qualified personalities by acquisition of material assets, but they were unable to appreciate the presence of the Lord. Therefore, even though the Lord may be present before our eyes, it is not possible to see Him unless we have the necessary vision. This necessary qualification is developed by the process of devotional service only, beginning with hearing about the Lord from the right sources. The Bhagavad-g&#1081;t&#1076; is one of the popular literatures which are generally heard, chanted, repeated, etc., by the people in general, but in spite of such hearing, etc., sometimes it is experienced that the performer of such devotional service does not see the Lord eye to eye. The reason is that the first item, &#1079;rava&#1083;a, is very important. If hearing is from the right sources, it acts very quickly. Generally people hear from unauthorized persons. Such unauthorized persons may be very learned by academic qualifications, but because they do not follow the principles of devotional service, hearing from them becomes a sheer waste of time. Sometimes the texts are interpreted fashionably to suit their own purposes. Therefore, first one should select a competent and bona fide speaker and then hear from him. When the hearing process is perfect and complete, the other processes become automatically perfect in their own way.

There are different transcendental activities of the Lord, and each and every one of them is competent to bestow the desired result, provided the hearing process is perfect. In the Bh&#1076;gavatam the activities of the Lord begin from His dealings with the P&#1076;&#1083;&#1090;avas. There are many other pastimes of the Lord in connection with His dealings with the asuras and others. And in the Tenth Canto the sublime dealings with His conjugal associates, the gop&#1081;s, as well as with His married wives at Dv&#1076;rak&#1076; are mentioned. Since the Lord is absolute, there is no difference in the transcendental nature of each and every dealing of the Lord. But sometimes people, in an unauthorized hearing process, take more interest in hearing about His dealings with the gop&#1081;s. Such an inclination indicates the lusty feelings of the hearer, so a bona fide speaker of the dealings of the Lord never indulges in such hearings. One must hear about the Lord from the very beginning, as in the &#1047;r&#1081;mad-Bh&#1076;gavatam or any other scriptures, and that will help the hearer attain perfection by progressive development. One should not, therefore, consider that His dealings with the P&#1076;&#1083;&#1090;avas are less important than His dealings with the gop&#1081;s. We must always remember that the Lord is always transcendental to all mundane attachment. In all the above-mentioned dealings of the Lord, He is the hero in all circumstances, and hearing about Him or about His devotees or combatants is conducive to spiritual life. It is said that the Vedas and Pur&#1076;&#1083;as, etc., are all made to revive our lost relation with Him. Hearing of all these scriptures is essential.

"Separation from Krsna is better than meeting Him.

When I meet Him there is only one Krsna,

but when I am separated from Him the three worlds become filled with Krsnas."

For Rupa Gosvami, his associates, and for the sadhakas in this world, who already attained the spurti of Sri Krsna, attaining the stage of perfection, vipralambha is best.

Rupa Gosvami being in the prakat (and aprakati) lila of Caitanya Mahaprabhu

is meeting Syamasundar, Sri Krsna, inwardly, and for him this is the best.

I was happy to read again and again the glorification of the love of love of Srimati Radhika. Thank you.

It is true that our gosvamis said that separation mood is better, and it is no harm in this.

Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja also said in Vraja Mandala Parikrama

In Varsana, by the glorification of the vipralabha mood of Srimati Radharani that the separation mood is better.

Did Srimati Radhika say this?

Did Rupa Manjari say this?

No they will never be satisfied, <font color="red"> for them separation is not better</font color> .

93-94 O hero! for so long my sakhi has hoped against <font color="blue"> hope for reunion with You </font color> and <font color="red"> only for that reason </font color> did she make any effort to protect her life against innumerous threats. Now, however, the faintest hope for such a reunion has deserted her as the expected date of Your return has long since passed.

Rupa Manjari is in prakat (and aprakat) lila of Syamasundara Sri Krsna and she would curse Brahma because she has eyelids and cannot see Krsna for even a wink of an eye.

For Rupa Manjari this is best, to be with Krsna, serving Srimati Radhika, this is her mood.

In jada jagat powerful yogis may multiply themselves, but what the original form does, also the other forms do.

In the spiritual world is not like this. In this way one can understand that Rupa although is the same person, has two forms but made of different moods.

The spiritual body is an embodiment of moods (spiritual emotions)

The material body is an embodiment of karma (actions).

Yoga

To be united with Krsna is called yoga. Yoga is of three types:

(1) siddhi—perfection,

(2) tush†i—satisfaction, and

(3) sthiti—residence.

It is importantant

that we try to be together with Krsna

we try to be yogi (bhakti-yogi) and not ayogi.

Vipralambha is only a special way of meeting.

To translate Viprallambha by separation is not quite appropriate.

Guest guest

When Krsna goes to the forest (with the gopas, during the day), the gopis feel separation.

They weep for Krsna and discuss among themselves His pastimes in the forest.

The ultimate stage of conjugal love is madanakya-mahabhava, which is present only in Radhika.

All varieties of the moods of meeting and all varieties of the moods of separation reside in madhanakya, and

this is the monopoly of Srimati Radhika.

This wonderful mood of Radhika is such that

even the highest moods of separation are enclosed in it. This mood cannot occur at the time of separation;

it occurs only in meeting.

It occurs for example,

when Radhika is sitting on the lap of Krsna at Prema Sarovara.

Imagining that Krsna has left and will never return, Radhika laments,

"Where is Krsna?"

This is very wonderful and tasteful.

We should try to know all these truths, and

that understanding will reconcile all the statements of your Srila Prabhupada.

Meeting is higher than separation than all the moods of separation are in the meeting mood.

spoken by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja.

Although almost nobody will understand it,

it my duty to write it.

I know that your Prabhupada is a philosopher and a rasika-bhakta as well.

He realizes both vipralambha and sambhoga.

Like his predecessor acaryas, he is a servant of Srimati Radhika.

Will he say that Radha should always be far away from Krsna? Never.

I know him.

I have been with him since 1947, and I am still serving him.

If he has written, on a rare occasion, that separation is higher than meeting,

he has done this only for beginners.

We must feel separation for Krsna, and

we must lament that we have been separated from Him for a long time.

It is essential for a sadhaka to feel that he is separated form Krsna, and

thus he should lament in separation.

On the other hand, for the mature devotee, Srila Swami Maharaja has written in his many books that

separation is only accepted if it helps increase the enjoyment of meeting.

Now kindly digest all these truths.

spoken by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja

Comment:

Without experiencing separation, we cannot enter into Raganuga Bhakti. Still

we understand our concern is for Radha's separation from Her beloved Krsna,

not our own. This is reflected in our efforts to reconnect Her

parts-and-parcels to him within Lord Sri Caitanya's Sankirtan Movement.

Service to Mahaprabhu, Krsna in Her mood, is supporting Srimati Radharani

Herself by distributing Her compassion, in fact personally embodying it.

The gopis are always eager to push each other towards Krsna, far more than

trying to enjoy Him themselves. Yes, union remains our goal through separation ,

but always our focus is maintained on Sri Radhika, with our

motivation Her well-being not our own.

Thus devotees should care for one another ,

more so than for their own 'advancement'.

This attitude is much more pleasing to Sri Guru

than any amount of competitive endeavoring to

personally achieve His Divine Grace.

All glories to our beloved Radhika in whom the Supreme Personality forgets Himself , rushing to surrender everything at Her feet and

begging for that Love which alone sustains Him, heart and soul.