IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

love for Krsna

Rate this topic

Lord Caitanya is undoubtedly Krsna Himself, and He is always nondifferent from Srimati Radharani. But the emotion technically called vipralambha-bhava, which the Lord adopted for confidential reasons, should not be disturbed in the name of service.

Rather, vipralambha-seva, thinking of Krsna in separation, as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did, is far better than serving Krsna directly.

Lord Caitanya taught people in general the method of vipralambha-seva, which is the method of rendering service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the feeling of separation. The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers of Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamisexplain these matters very clearly. Srinivasacarya said that the Gosvamis were always absorbed in the ocean of transcendental feelings in the mood of the gopis. When they lived in Vrndavana they were searching for Krsna, crying, "Where are You, Krsna? O gopis, where are You? Where are You, Srimati Radharani" They never said, "We have now seen Radha and Krsna, and therefore our mission is fulfilled." Their mission remained always unfulfilled; they never met Radha and Krsna.

Therefore Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by the example of His actual life, taught vipralambha-seva, service of Krsna in separation. Tears would come from His eyes like torrents of rain, for He would feel everything to be vacant for want of Krsna.

So these are all symptoms of love for Krsna. That is the highest perfection of life, to shed tears for Krsna. Yugдyitaа nimeсeлa cakсuсд prдvесдyitam. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught us this method of worship in separation, vipralambha-seva. Not that "Oh, I have seen yesterday. Last night, I have seen Kеслa. He was snatching my cloth." These are sahajiyдs. Actually, our worship should be in separation. The Gosvamisalso taught us like that. He rдdhe vraja-devйke ca lalite he nanda-sьno kutaщ. They in the Vrndavana remained authorized persons. They were also searching after Krsna. They never said that "We have got Krsna," never said. ...

So this is the process of Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s worship. Caitanya Mahaprabhu was falling down on the water, "Oh, I could not see Krsna." When He was grhastha, He was simply consulting with mother, "Mother, I could not realize Krsna. What shall I do? Where shall I go?" Mother said, "My dear son, why You are impatient? Everything will be all right in due course." Caitanya Mahaprabhuwas giving indication that "I must leave home.” Mother was also understanding that "This boy wants to leave us." That was another perplexed position. So that is Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s teaching:

Govinda-viraheлa: "In separation from Govinda I am thinking one moment as twelve years." Some of you or all of us have got this experience. If we want something very, very eagerly, then every moment becomes a long time. "Oh, it is not yet received. It is not yet received. It is not yet done." Yugдyitaа nimeсeлa. Nimesa, a moment, a twinkling of an eye, that is called nimesa. That appears to be twelve years. The gopis could not tolerate even twinkling of eyes. They were condemning the creator, "The creator does not know the art of creating. Why he has created this twinkling of eyes so that it is disturbing us from seeing Krsna." Seeing Krsna, and the twinkling of eyes, that is natural. So the gopis did not like it, that "Why he has created this? He does not know the art of creation." This is love.

"Without seeing Govinda, the whole world is vacant."

This is love.

"Let me try to become Krsna conscious. If it is done, all right. If it is not done, I shall remain in my position. What is the loss?"

Not like that.

One must be so eager that without Krsna consciousness, one should become mad. One should become mad. That is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus teaching, separation, not direct contact.

Direct contact is not possible.

Neither that is the way of worshiping by the method of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. That is sahajiya-vada.

"I am talking with Krsna. Krsna is snatching my cloth." There is a book, one lady has written, his (her) experience, that Krsna comes, He talks with her and snatches her cloth. She has written openly.

But this is not Caitanya Mahaprabhus way.

There is one gentleman, Mr. Raya, in Poona, and he has got also woman. Everyone must have a woman, parakiya. This is sahajiya-vada. This is sahajiya-vada. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never said, "This is the parakiya-rasa: one should have one woman." No. He observed complete sannyasa life. Rather there was very, very severe, rigid restriction about women. But now, these sahajiyas, they are going on in the name of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu: aula, bдula, karttд-bhajд, neтд, daraveзa, sдмi sahajiyд, sakhйbhekй, like that, so many. They are apa-sampradaya. Real Caitanya Mahaprabhu sampradaya is that he should be feeling like Caitanya Mahaprabhu, separation.

Not sambhoga. Vipralambha.

Vipralambha-seva: "Oh, I am so wretched, I could not serve Krsna. How I can see Krsna? It is not possible."

In this way. That is the teaching of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

"But even though I do not see Him, neither it is possible for me to see Him..." Means: "What I am? I am insignificant person. Why Krsna come and see me?"

This is right.

"Why shall I aspire after seeing Krsna? What qualification I have got?"

This is bhajana. This is bhajana.

Why should I be proud that "Now I shall see Krsna”? What I am?

That is the teaching of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Дзliсya vд pдda-ratда pinaсцu mда marma-hatда karotu vд adarзanдt. Adarsana.

"Without giving me audience, You kill me, You break my heart; still, You are my Lord, You are my worshipable Lord, nobody else."

This is love.

This is love.

(Bengali) Asan Krsna galai diba naiva beja tata(?). Not like that.

"Krsna may not come. I may not see Krsna for thousands and thousands of lives. I may rot in the hellish condition of life for many, many births. That doesnt matter. Still, I cannot give up Krsna consciousness."

This is required.

I may be sent to hell, heaven; it doesnt matter. What qualification I have got that I want to see back to home, back to Godhead? It is not so easy thing. So why should I be sorry for that? I should be happy even in the hell simply by thinking of Krsna.

That is wanted.

That is wanted.

That is Krsna consciousness.

So here is the example. Tears by force are coming out: "Oh, Krsna is going away." At the same time, they want to check: "There may not be any inauspicity for Krsna." They’re thinking Krsna, for Krsna, not for personal self. "Oh, I am now crying. I have become very much fortunate. I am crying for Krsna." No. "My crying will create inauspicity for Krsna, I must check it."

This is Krsna consciousness.

So we have to follow the footprints of the Gosvamis, how to search out Krsna and Radharani, Vrndavana, or within your heart. That is the process of Caitanya Mahaprabhus bhajana: feeling of separation, vipralambha, vipralambha-seva. Just like Caitanya Mahaprabhu, feeling the separation of Krsna, He was falling down on the sea. He was coming out of His rest room or His bedroom and going out at dead of night. Nobody knew where He has gone. So that was His searching. This process of devotional service is taught by Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Not that very easily, "We have seen Krsna or seen Radharani in rasa-lila." No, not like that.

Our, this Gaudiya-sampradaya, Caitanya Mahaprabhus, in Caitanya Mahaprabhus descendants, our line of God realization is that separation, feeling of separation. Not that we have got Krsna within our hand. No. The feeling of separation, worship of Krsna by feeling of separation is better than the worship by directly meeting. Vipralambha-seva.

All glories to Svarupa Damodara and the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura. Please give me the strength to describe the character of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus emotion of transcendental madness in separation from Krsna is very deep and mysterious. Even though one is very advanced and learned, he cannot understand it.

How can one describe unfathomable subject matters? It is possible only if Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gives him the capability.

Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami recorded all these transcendental activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in their notebooks.

These two great personalities recorded the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu moment by moment. ...

Svarupa Damodara wrote short codes, whereas Raghunatha dasa Gosvami wrote elaborate descriptions. I shall now describe Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus activities more elaborately, as if fluffing out compressed cotton.

Please hear faithfully this description of Caitanya Mahaprabhus ecstatic emotions. Thus you will come to know of His ecstatic love, and ultimately you will achieve love of Godhead.

When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt separation from Krsna, His condition exactly corresponded to the condition of the gopis in Vrndavana after Krsnas departure for Mathura.

The lamentation of Srimati Radharani when Uddhava visited Vrndavana gradually became a feature of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus transcendental madness.

Srimati Radharanis emotions after seeing Uddhava exactly correspond to those of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He always conceived of Himself in Her position and sometimes thought that He was Srimati Radharani Herself.

Such is the state of transcendental madness. Why is it difficult to understand? When one is highly elevated in love of Krsna, he becomes transcendentally mad and talks like a madman.

"When the ecstatic emotion of enchantment gradually progresses, it becomes similar to bewilderment. Then one reaches the stage of astonishment, which awakens transcendental madness. Udghьrлд and citra-jalpa are two among the many divisions of transcendental madness."

One day while He was resting, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dreamed He saw Krsna performing His rasa dance.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Lord Krsna standing with His beautiful body curved in three places, holding His flute to His lips. Wearing yellow garments and garlands of forest flowers, He was enchanting even to Cupid.

The gopis were dancing in a circle, and in the middle of that circle, Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, danced with Radharani.

Seeing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed with the transcendental mellow of the rasa dance, and He thought, "Now I am with Krsna in Vrndavana."

When Govinda saw that the Lord had not yet risen, he awakened Him. Understanding that He had only been dreaming, the Lord was somewhat unhappy.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed His customary daily duties, and at the usual time He went to see Lord Jagannдtha in the temple.

As He viewed Lord Jagannatha from behind the Garuda column, hundreds and thousands of people in front of Him were seeing the Deity. ...

Just previously, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been seeing Lord Jagannatha as the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna, in person.

Becoming fully absorbed in that vision, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had assumed the mood of the gopis, so much so that everywhere He looked He saw Krsna standing with His flute to His lips.

When He saw the Deities, Lord Caitanya thought He was seeing Krsna in Kuruksetra. He wondered, "Have I come to Kuruksetra? Where is Vrndavana?"

Lord Caitanya grew very agitated, like a person who has just lost a recently acquired jewel. Then He became very morose and returned home.

Antya 14.36

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down on the ground and began to mark it with His nails. He was blinded by tears, which flowed from His eyes like the Ganges.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I found Krsna, the Lord of Vrndavana, but I have lost Him again. Who has taken My Krsna? Where have I come?"

When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dreamed of the rasa dance, He was fully absorbed in transcendental bliss, but when His dream broke, He thought He had lost a precious jewel.

Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would chant and dance, always absorbed in the bliss of transcendental madness. He carried out the necessities of the body, such as eating and bathing, merely out of habit.

Antya 14.40

At night, Lord Caitanya would reveal to Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya the ecstatic feelings of His mind.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "At first My mind somehow achieved the treasure of Krsna, but it again lost Him. Therefore it gave up My body and home because of lamentation and accepted the religious principles of a kдpдlika-yogi. Then My mind went to Vrndavana with its disciples, My senses.,"

Having lost His acquired gem, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became overwhelmed with lamentation by remembering its attributes. Then, grasping the necks of Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, He cried, "Alas, where is My Lord Hari? Where is Hari?" Finally He became restless and lost all patience. ...

The great yogi of My mind always studies the poetry and discussions of Lord Krsnas Vrndavana pastimes. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam and other scriptures, great saintly yogis like Vyasadeva and Sukadeva Gosvami have described Lord Krsna as the Supersoul, beyond all material contamination.

The mystic yogi of My mind has assumed the name Mahabaula and made disciples of My ten senses. Thus My mind has gone to Vrndavana, leaving aside the home of My body and the great treasure of material enjoyment.

When My mind lost the association of Krsna and could no longer see Him, he became depressed and took up mystic yoga. In the void of separation from Krsna, he experienced ten transcendental transformations. Agitated by these transformations, My mind fled, leaving My body, his place of residence, empty. Thus I am completely in trance."

When the gopis felt separation from Krsna, they experienced ten kinds of bodily transformations. These same symptoms appeared on the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Antya 14.53

"The ten bodily transformations resulting from separation from Krsna are anxiety, wakefulness, mental agitation, thinness, uncleanliness, talking like a madman, disease, madness, illusion and death."

"At the request of Akrura, Krsna and Balarama left the house of Nanda Maharaja for Mathura. At that time, Srimati Radharani’s mind was disrupted, and She became almost mad because of extreme separation from Krsna. She experienced great mental pain and agitation, which caused Her to drown in mental speculation in the river of anxiety. She thought, ‘Now I am going to die, and when I die, Krsna will surely come back to see Me again. But when He hears of My death from the people of Vrndavana, He will certainly be very unhappy. Therefore I shall not die." This is the explanation of the word cinta.

Thinking Herself very unfortunate, Srimati Radharani addressed Her very dear friend Visakha, "My dear friend, if I could see Krsna in My dreams, I would certainly be glorified for My great fortune. But what can I do? Sleep also plays mischievously with Me. Indeed, it has become My enemy. Therefore I have not slept since the departure of Krsna."

Srimati Radharani addressed Lalita, "My dear beautiful-faced Lalita, I cannot express how My heart is burning. It is a great, unfathomable ocean of anxiety. Still, I wish to offer My obeisances at your lotus feet. What shall I do? Please consider My condition and advise Me how I can become peaceful. That is My desire."

When Uddhava returned to Mathura after visiting Vrndavana, Lord Krsna inquired from him about Radharani and Visakha. Uddhava replied as follows: "Consider the condition of the gopis! Srimati Radharani especially is in a very painful condition because of separation from You. She has grown skinny, and Her bodily luster is almost gone. Her heart is immersed in pain, and because She has given up eating, Her breast has become black, as if diseased. Because of separation from You, all the gopis, especially Radharani, appear like dried-up water holes under the scorching heat of the sun."

Uddhava said to Krsna, "O most auspicious Krsna, please hear me. The tribulation caused by Your absence has made Visakha languid. Her lips tremble like trees in a strong wind. Her beautiful face is like a lotus flower that has withered under the snow, and Her eyes are like lotus petals scorched by the heat of the autumn sun."

"My dear Lalita, kindly hear Me. I cannot bear suffering the fever of separation from Krsna, nor can I explain it to you. It is something like gold melting in an earthen box. This fever produces more distress than poison, and it is more piercing than a thunderbolt. I suffer exactly like someone almost dead from cholera. To be giving Me so much pain, this fever must be very strong indeed."

Uddhava said to Krsna, "My dear Krsna, all the gopis are so afflicted by Your absence that they have become almost mad. O Murari, at home Srimati Radharani laughs unnecessarily and, like a madwoman, inquires about You from every entity without distinction, even from the stones. She rolls on the ground, unable to bear the agony of Your absence."

Lalita wrote Krsna the following letter on Srimati Radharani’s behalf: "My dear Krsna, separation from You has greatly agitated Srimati Radharani’s mind, and She has fallen unconscious on the ground. O enemy of Kamsa, You have now become a first-class politician, and therefore You can supposedly give relief to everyone. Therefore please consider the plight of Srimati Radharani, or very soon You will hear of Her death. Maybe at that time You will lament, although now You are jubilant."

In the following letter, Lalita chastised Krsna for staying in Mathura: "Simply by dancing in the circle of the rasa dance, You attracted Srimati Radharani’s love. Why are You now so indifferent to my dear friend Radharani? She is lying nearly unconscious, thinking of Your pastimes. I shall determine whether She is alive by putting a cotton swab under Her nostrils, and if She is still living, I shall chastise Her."

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed night and day by these ten ecstatic conditions. Whenever such symptoms arose, His mind became unsteady.

After speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell silent. Then Rama-nanda Raya began to recite various verses.

Ramananda Raya recited verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam, and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami sang of Krsnas pastimes. In this way, they brought Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to external consciousness.

After half the night had passed in this way, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lie down on His bed in the inner room.

Then Ramananda Raya returned home, and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, along with Govinda, lay down in front of the door to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus room.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained awake throughout the entire night, chanting the Hare Krsna mantra very loudly.

After some time, Svarupa Damodara could no longer hear Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanting. When he entered the room, he found the three doors locked, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had gone.

After searching for some time, they came upon Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lying in a corner by the northern side of the Siаha-dvдra gate.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was lying unconscious, and His body had become elongated to five or six cubits [eight or nine feet]. There was no breath from His nostrils.

It appeared that only skin covered His elongated joints. Seeing the Lords condition, all the devotees were very unhappy.

When they saw this, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and all the other devotees began to chant the holy name of Krsna very loudly into Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus ear.

As soon as the Lord returned to external consciousness, all His joints contracted, and His entire body returned to normal.

Hearing the description of His condition while lying near the Siаha-dvдra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very astonished. He said, "I do not remember any of these things.

Antya 14.78

"I can only remember that I saw My Krsna, but only for an instant. He appeared before Me, and then, like lightning, immediately disappeared."

No one has witnessed such bodily changes elsewhere, nor has anyone read of them in the revealed scriptures. Yet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the supreme sannyasi, exhibited these ecstatic symptoms.

These ecstasies are not described in the sastras, and they are inconceivable to common men. Therefore people in general do not believe in them.

One day, while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to the sea to bathe, He suddenly saw a sand dune named Caцaka-parvata.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu mistook the sand dune for Govardhana Hill and ran toward it.

"Of all the devotees, this Govardhana Hill is the best! O My friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarama, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities—water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables. In this way the hill offers respect to the Lord. Being touched by the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama, Govardhana Hill appears very jubilant."

PURPORT

This is a quotation from Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.21.18). It was spoken by the gopis when Lord Krsna and Balarama entered the forest in the autumn. The gopis spoke among themselves and glorified Krsna and Balarama for Their pastimes.

Reciting this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhuran toward the sand dune as fast as the wind. Govinda ran after Him, but he could not approach Him.

First one devotee shouted loudly, and then a tumultuous uproar arose as all the devotees stood up and began to run after the Lord.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running with the speed of the wind, but He suddenly became stunned in ecstasy and lost all strength to proceed further.

The flesh at each of His pores erupted like pimples, and His hair, standing on end, appeared like kadamba flowers.

Antya 14.93

Blood and perspiration flowed incessantly from every pore of His body, and He could not speak a word but simply produced a gargling sound within His throat.

Antya 14.94

The Lords eyes filled up and overflowed with unlimited tears, like the Ganges and Yamuna meeting in the sea.

His entire body faded to the color of a white conchshell, and then He began to quiver, like the waves in the ocean.

While quivering in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down on the ground. Then Govinda approached Him.

Antya 14.97

All eight kinds of transcendental transformations were visible in the Lords body. All the devotees were struck with wonder to see such a sight.

The devotees loudly chanted the Hare Krsna mantra near Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and washed His body with cold water.

After the devotees had been chanting for a long time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly stood up, shouting, "Hari bol!"

Astonished, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and began looking here and there, trying to see something. But He could not catch sight of it.

When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw all the Vaisnavas, He returned to partial external consciousness and spoke to Svarupa Damodara.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Who has brought Me here from Govardhana Hill? I was seeing Lord Krsna’s pastimes, but now I cannot see them.

"Today I went from here to Govardhana Hill to find out if Krsna were tending His cows there.

I saw Lord Krsna climbing Govardhana Hill and playing His flute, surrounded on all sides by grazing cows. -

Hearing the vibration of Krsnas flute, Srimati Radharani and all Her gopi friends came there to meet Him. They were all very nicely dressed.

When Krsna and Srimati Radharani entered a cave together, the other gopis asked Me to pick some flowers.

Just then, all of you made a tumultuous sound and carried Me from there to this place.

Why have you brought Me here, causing Me unnecessary pain? I had a chance to see Krsnas pastimes, but I could not see them."

Saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to weep. When all the Vaisnavas saw the Lords condition, they also wept.

Antya 14.113

At that time, Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati arrived. Seeing them, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became somewhat respectful.

Antya 14.114

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to complete external consciousness and immediately offered prayers to them. Then these two elderly gentlemen both embraced the Lord with loving affection.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Puri Gosvami and Brahmananda Bharati, "Why have you both come so far?" Puri Gosvami replied, "Just to see Your dancing."

When He heard this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was somewhat ashamed. Then He went to bathe in the sea with all the Vaisnavas.

Antya 14.117

After bathing in the sea, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence with all the devotees. Then they all lunched on the remnants of food offered to Lord Jagannatha.

Thus I have described the transcendental ecstatic emotions of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Even Lord Brahma cannot describe their influence.

Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu forgot Himself throughout the entire day and night, being merged in an ocean of ecstatic love for Krsna.

Antya 15.5

The Lord would maintain Himself in three kinds of consciousness: sometimes He merged totally in ecstatic emotion, sometimes He was in partial external consciousness and sometimes in full external consciousness.

Antya 15.6

Actually, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was always merged in ecstatic emotion, but just as a potter’s wheel turns without the potters touching it, the Lord’s bodily activities, like bathing, going to the temple to see Lord Jagannatha, and taking lunch, went on automatically.

Antya 15.7

One day, while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was looking at Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Lord Jagannatha appeared to be personally the son of Nanda Maharaja, Sri Krsna.

When He realized Lord Jagannatha to be Krsna Himself, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus five senses were immediately absorbed in attraction for the five attributes of Lord Krsna.

PURPORT

Sri Krsnas beauty attracted the eyes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Krsnas singing and the vibration of His flute attracted the Lords ears, the transcendental fragrance of Krsnas lotus feet attracted His nostrils, Krsnas transcendental sweetness attracted His tongue, and Krsnas bodily touch attracted the Lords sensation of touch. Thus each of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhus five senses was attracted by one of the five attributes of Lord Krsna.

Just as in a tug-of-war, the single mind of Lord Caitanya was attracted in five directions by the five transcendental attributes of Lord Krsna. Thus the Lord became unconscious.

That night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was attended by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya. Keeping His hands around their necks, the Lord began to lament.

When Srimati Radharani was very agitated due to feeling great separation from Krsna, She spoke a verse to Visakha explaining the cause of Her great anxiety and restlessness.

Reciting that verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu expressed His burning emotions. Then, with great lamentation, He explained the verse to Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said:"Though the hearts of the gopis are like high-standing hills, they are inundated by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Krsnas beauty. His sweet voice enters their ears and gives them transcendental bliss. The touch of His body is cooler than millions and millions of moons together, and the nectar of His bodily fragrance overfloods the entire world. O My dear friend, that Krsna, who is the son of Nanda Maharaja and whose lips are exactly like nectar, is attracting My five senses by force."

"Lord Sri Krsnas beauty, the sound of His words and the vibration of His flute, His touch, His fragrance and the taste of His lips are full of an indescribable sweetness. When all these features attract My five senses at once, My senses all ride together on the single horse of My mind but want to go in five different directions.

"O My dear friend, please hear the cause of My misery. My five senses are actually extravagant rogues. They know very well that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they still want to plunder Krsnas property.

"My mind is just like a single horse being ridden by the five senses of perception, headed by sight. Each sense wants to ride that horse, and thus they pull My mind in five directions simultaneously. In what direction will it go? If they all pull at one time, certainly the horse will lose its life. How can I tolerate this atrocity?

"My dear friend, if you say, "Just try to control Your senses," what shall I say? I cannot become angry at My senses. Is it their fault? Krsnas beauty, sounds, touch, fragrance and taste are by nature extremely attractive. These five features are attracting My senses, and each wants to drag My mind in a different direction. Thus the life of My mind is in great danger, just like a horse ridden in five directions at once. Thus I am also in danger of dying.

"The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Krsnas beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness.

"The sweetness of Krsnas joking words plays indescribable havoc with the hearts of all women. His words bind a womans ear to the qualities of their sweetness. Thus there is a tug-of-war, and the life of the ear departs.

"Krsnas transcendental body is so cool that it cannot be compared even to sandalwood pulp or to millions upon millions of moons. It expertly attracts the breasts of all women, which resemble high hills. Indeed, the transcendental body of Krsna attracts the minds of all women within the three worlds.

Antya 15.22

"The fragrance of Krsnas body is more maddening than the aroma of musk, and it surpasses the fragrance of the bluish lotus flower. It enters the nostrils of all the women of the world and, making a nest there, thus attracts them.

"Krsnas lips are so sweet when combined with the camphor of His gentle smile that they attract the minds of all women, forcing them to give up all other attractions. If the sweetness of Krsna’s smile is unobtainable, great mental difficulties and lamentation result. That sweetness is the only wealth of the gopis of Vrndavana."

After speaking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu caught hold of the necks of Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara. Then the Lord said, "My dear friends, please listen to Me. What shall I do? Where shall I go? Where can I go to get Krsna? Please, both of you, tell Me how I can find Him."

Thus absorbed in transcendental pain, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lamented day after day in the company of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya.

Svarupa Damodara Gosvami would sing appropriate songs, and Ramananda Raya would recite suitable verses to enhance the ecstatic mood of the Lord. In this way they were able to pacify Him.

Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who personally tasted the nectar of ecstatic love for Krsna and then instructed His devotees how to taste it. Thus He enlightened them about ecstatic love of Krsna to initiate them into transcendental knowledge.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus stayed at Jagannatha Puri in the association of His devotees, always merged in ecstatic devotional love.

-------------

It is eternal games and eternal emotions.

If we are caused, it is difficult to us to understand as the separation can be pleasant. But Lord Сaitanya thus eternally will carry out(spend) the games. His companions "never" thus reach perfection, though really are at the most maximum step of perfection. They "aspire" in Krisna lila, but in Gaura lila they "do not reach" Krisna. Actually they work as direct expansion Radharani in mood Radharani. This mood is distributed to all companions Lord Сaitanya.

"In the spiritual world, separation is more relishable than meeting. ...Separation is eternal, and meeting is also eternal. "

Guest guest

those who have expereince of separation from a loved one

know that it is pain, miserable stte where one become totally useless for taking care of his own self interest.

one needs to remember krishna constantly.

so rather than suffering the pain of his separation and thus remember him constantly,

i woudl perfer to remember him constantly in othrer ways

where i can stay in happy state and do not become useless for anything.

just a choice.

for those who have fallen in love,

there are a couple of lines by a poet.

dile naadaan tuze hua kyaa hai,

aakhir is darda ki davaa kyaa hai

there is no medicine for this sickness except milan.