IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Siri

Hindu club at workplace

Rate this topic

Hello all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am trying to set up a Hindu club at my work. There are a few Hindu's at my workplace. We are a minority group, in a predominantly Christian work community. My organisation is based in Sydney. I have consulted some of my work colleagues who expressed interest and enthusiasm.

We wanted to essentially acknowledge and celebrate Hindu festivals, without causing friction with others in the organisation.

I was hoping to get some suggestions from others who are part/know of work based Hindu work clubs. Particularly on the kind of activities we could hold.

Cheers

Siri

make your club both religious and fun. That is, it should be a club. So religion can bring you together, but you can do things like Ski trips, camp outs, volleyball games etc.... You can have things that you do on a week to week basis that are religious, but also things that just develop friendships and fraternity.

Guest guest

Haribol, I personally find the workplace much more diverse that to attempt to segregate those of different persuasions.

I joined a CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION GROUP at the workplace, and I used the opportunity to inject raja vidya into all conversations. The vaisnava can utilize anything in krsna's service, including any discussion. Covert operations work well.

A hiondu group may work if the workplace has a lot of indians or other nationalities where hinduism is predominant, but even then, it may not work well because "hindu" refers to the whole idealogy which runs from pure devotees of Rama and Krsna to those who think they are incarnations of Rama and Krsna. How can sense be made there.

Give up all religious idealogy and just surrender to Krsna, this is the conclusion of Bhagavad Gita, therefore, the format for any discussion group is not of consequence.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa