Guest guest

vnn article

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i noticed in VNN they published an article attacking some

group named SRI,i have never heard of them,but it seems

to me to be a very bad policy of theirs to put an attack

add of this type.

It condemns this groups as seeking donations, and using the funds for other then what they say, and misusing

the funds they recieve for drug purchasing.

this is all based on, apparently , from a single source of complaint.

this kind of derogatory article can be very hurtfull

and damaging to people who may not be doing what that single source alleges, i think this stinks.

how do they know it is not just some fight between people

and they are hurling insults and lies ?

how do they know enough to allow that article,

better safe then sorry.

here is it http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0303/ET02-7861.html

There seems to be a much longer history with this group, not just this article. Many others have made comments about his cheating them. Georgre Harrison MAY have been one who felt victimized by this person.

I don't know anything about them myself, but it raises the question of if someone knows that there is an imposter raising funds in Krsna's name and then using it for sense grat. what should they do?

Guest guest

so many people are cheaters, without full knowledge

and accompanying data, it seems that to

deride the fund raising of a vaisnava group,

would fall under the category of gossip,

and potentialy damaging to good people,

like i said ,better safe then sorry,

i am sure we have all seen how malicious gossip

started by people with an agenda against

another person or group can be spread, and ultimately

found out to be lies based on conflicts between

the interested parties, how are we to know ?

what is truth and what is lies ?

better to not report the gossip as truth,it least until

it has been clearly established what the truth of the

matter is.

I remember a few tears back much info came out about this person. How much was true or not I have no way of knowig, I wasn't that curious then and least so now.I just meant to say that this is not new. It could be important if people are being cheated.

But your point is a good one. The info in that article on VNN is scant, but maybe more investigation is warranted. Until them its best not to form judgments.

But even if true what's the surprise. This whole jagat is based on the cheaters and the cheaters.

this has been going on for years. He used to be a Ronald McDonald (really) and says he is a music expert etc. He and George Harrison did have some sort of history and this guy did a video interview with Harrison.

SRI has a very slick website basically with all this info on it.

I read the site over once and saw nothing that would keep me interested.

and seen his Web site. I spent some time speaking with him when he visited San Diego a couple of times. As far as I know, no one who knows him trusts him. As the cliche gooes, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, and he's apparently a very well-fed fellow. He took some initiation from a disciple of one of Srila Prabhupada's Godbrothers and has set himself up as a sort of guru. From what I have seen, it's a business for him, nothing more.

He's somewhere upstate NY.

Streetstraw: To become both Ronald McDonald & Burger King u have to be well-connected, no?

Well, at least a relentless self-promoter. That seems to be his great talent and love. (Ain't it great when the two meet like that?) I had never heard he had worked for BK as well.

I believe you can find his site by typing in Self Realization Institute or Jagannath das Puripada. Haven't checked lately - not interested enough to know if he is still promoting himself! But I do remember that the site has loads of pics of him including from his clown days.

Guest guest

Mahavegavati dd lives very close to this person and is a senior devotee. Her Email address is on the news page of VNN.

Guest guest

This is a bit old but should still be active.

Bhaktivedanta hospital

radhe@bom8.vsni.net.in

The contact was for Dr.SriKrishna Caitanya

IF this guy is running a scam he should be stopped and beaten/prosecuted.

Sorry if this subject line seems offensive, especially considering all the preaching I do about vaishnava aparadha. Somehow, his assertions about what a great devotee he has been for such a long time don't ring true in light of the dates of his work as the Burger King and Ronald McDonald. At that time, he was supposedly under the influence of Krishna consciousness and associating with Mangal Maharaj. If he's as spiritual and a bright as he'd like us to think, he should have easily been able to figure out McDonald's angle (and BK's, for that matter) from a mile away, not a year after accepting the gig. Something seems rotten in the state of Lockport.

I did warn Amol Kulkarni. Some email addresses of hospital staff are included in Chintamani's article.