IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kapindra Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What happened to Kapindra Swami? He used to have a food program in New York and now he is never there.

Guest guest

Kapindra Swami and the Prabhupada Sankirtan Society moved to Oregon around the end of 2004. Before that they were in East New York (no longer in the East Village), which is why you no longer saw them.

Presently they are trying to set up a farm, following strict Varnashrama, in Oregon. You can still find them online; www.prabhupada.cc

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Kapindra, who took sanyasa from Gaudiya Matha, now thinks himself "ritvik", and is on a grand power trip just like the days of old. But what can be done?

A Gaudiya Math guru gave him that name? Sounds rather unlikely. I thought I heard someplace that he took it "from Srila Prabhupada" (like a ritvik initiation?), but I wouldn't vouch for that at all. But a GM guru would give him a more traditional sannyasa name, I'd think.

Guest guest

As yall kinow, I have reservations about the rtvik movement, but I never had such with kapindra. He commits to those he initiates on Srila Prabhupadas behalf, this is the key to how srila prabhupada accepts initiation by proxy, the recommending person also commits, not just give a name and a book and shove out the door.

I wish Kapindra well.

mahak

Guest guest

Kapindra did NOT take sannyas from a Gaudiya Matha guru. He copied Srila Bhaktisiddhanta, and took sannyas from a photo of Srila Prabhupada. Kapindra detests the Gaudiya Matha gurus.

Kapindra did NOT take sannyas from a Gaudiya Matha guru. He copied Srila Bhaktisiddhanta, and took sannyas from a photo of Srila Prabhupada. Kapindra detests the Gaudiya Matha gurus.

In fact, he took sannyas from Janardan Maharaj of Gaudiya Math. He told me that and showed me a photo. Unless he lied, but I don't think so.