IndiaDivine.org

Rhode Island Tragedy

Rate this topic

Gauracandra

This has really been an unfortunate incident. When it started off at 30 or so people being dead, I thought that was horrific. Now it is up to 96 people. At first I couldn't see how so many people could be trapped in a building and not get out. Then I saw a video of them rescuing a few people out of the building. What happened is that everyone rushed towards the exit, and literally they all got stuck in the doorway. It was a bizzarre sight to see. Literally people were jammed in the door frame, and no one could get out. They were pulling people out of this human blockage. If they had been organized, and took their time, probably most would have survived.

Its a sad situation. Not sure who to blame. I don't think it was the club owners fault from what I can tell. They just brought this band in to play. Apparently there are 4 or 5 other clubs that say that this band also used fireworks without authority. And the club had passed all prior city inspections. So I think the rock band is to blame.

The owner said that there were other fire exits that were clearly marked. But the people all tried to leave the way they entered.

This was an old building that had been allowed to go without fire sprinklers which appears to have contributed to the extent of the damage.

There should be a general annoucement before such events about where the emergency exits are in case of emergency and also what to do in such an emergency. Only would take a few minutes and more people would have survived.

Sounds like the band might be in a great deal of trouble here.