IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Please Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste. I am new to these forums. I need some help regarding some interpretations of VEdas. I am trying to convince my friend Vedic Hindus did not kill the cow neither ate beef. I know there must be some scholars out there who can clearn these misinterpretations and your help would be very thankful. The point he makes are:

1) In agnadhya, which was a preparatory rite preceding all public sacrifices, a cow was required to be killed. In the gosava, an important component of the public sacrifices like the rajasuya and vajapeya, a sterile spotted cow was offered to Maruts and seventeen ‘dwarf heifers under three’ were done to death in the pancasaradiyasava.

2) Most of the characters in the Mahabharat are meat eaters and it makes a laudatory reference to the king Rantideva in whose kitchen two thousand cows were butchered everyday

3) Arjun accomplished Khandav Dahan so that Agni can consume the animals there and get cured of his disease. Bhagwan Ram was born after his father Dasarath performed a big sacrifice (Putreshti Yagna) involving the slaughter of a large number of animals.

4)Agasthya, the father of Tamil grammar had an instaible apetite for meat. Most probably you know the Ilval-Batapi story.

5) In the medical texts of Charak and Shusrut, you'll find reference to beef for its therapeutic values.

I would appreciate any help on this subject by my fellow hindus.