IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Sunlight

Rate this topic

Don't try this at high noon. This brings up so many questions if true. Metabolism. Protein & vitamin needs.

------------------

Ananova:

Solar-powered Indian man says he doesn't need food

An Indian man who claims not to have eaten solid food since 1995 says he gets all of the energy he needs from the sun.

Hira Ratan Manek, 65, from Calicut in Kerala, says he has conquered hunger by absorbing solar energy through his eyes.

He believes people can induce changes in their bodies by gazing at the sun every day during the first hour of sunrise or last hour of sunset while standing barefoot on the ground.

He said: "After a few days of practice, you will feel the energy entering the body through the eyes. By receiving the sun rays through the eyes, the brain gets charged and brings out its unutilised powers."

The mechanical engineer underwent a 411-day fast beginning January 1, 2000 under the observation of doctors in Ahmedabad, and had lived without food for 211 days prior to that.

It is reported he has not eaten solid food since 1995.

Mr Manek told The Asian Age: "Solar energy absorbed through the eyes eliminates mental illness, physical illness, spiritual ignorance and makes life happy and peaceful.

"One's hunger just disappears. It also activates the dormant human brain and awakens the infinite powers in human beings."

"Is he green?" LOL Chlorophyll Man

LE I think he only does this at dawn and sunset. I think there is some Ayurvedic practice similar to this that is used to strengthen the eyes but i can't remember how it is practiced.

Maybe the waves of sunlight can be transformed into vits etc. by the body in some way. We would need someone who understands quantum physics to explain that.

But he did 411 days under supervision supposedly. I'm open to it. Skeptical about this claim but open to the possibility.

This practice is known as Trataka, and involves drawing energy from the fire of the sun through one's eyes. It can be performed on the sun just during sunrise and sunset without damaging the eyes (but don't try it because you may do it at the wrong time).

This may also be performed with an oil lamp, but the energy you draw from the lamp will be a small fraction compared to that drawn from the sun.

It is reported he has not eaten solid food since 1995.

I hear these things a lot, but they never specify what non-solid foods were eaten. I could live for 400 days eating strawberry ice cream milk shakes or something. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL The milkshake fast. I didn't notice the "no solid food" bit. I hear these things and mind automatically assumes distilled water.

We do have to be careful what we believe. There was this guy preaching breatharianism a few years back here in the states. California I think. He gave seminares and sold books and made big bucks. until one day one of his students walked into a 7/11 and saw him at the checkout with candybars and chips. Busted.

"He gave seminares and sold books and made big bucks. until one day one of his students walked into a 7/11 and saw him at the checkout with candybars and chips. Busted."

Give him a break - maybe he was going to just breathe in their aroma!

I believe it (the sun theory), but to a degree. He may be exploiting it. I once read in a health care newsletter, that to relieve red eyes, to lay in the sun about 15 minutes with the eyelids shut, as the light of the sun still gets thru. At first I thought this is what causes red eyes, but then the author pointed out this was from too much sun exposure and if you ever went to the beach you may recall getting very clear eyes after being out in the sun. I recalled that, so for me, I find 'some' validity for what this man says, but he may be milking it.

YS,

Prtha dd

I was reading today in the book The Holograhic Universe about a Catholic saint named Theresa Neumann. She was displayed stigmata and also inedia, she lived without food.

This began in 1923 when she transfered the throat disease of a young priest to he own body and then lived on a liquid diet for several years. In 1927 she stopped eatting altogether. THAT INCLUDED WATER.

She was studied by a medical doctor named Seidl and Francisan nuns that were nurses. They weighed even the water she used to rinse her mouth and washing while watching her day and night. Once in a six week period only she went to the bathroom and had a bowel movment which they analyized and it contained only a small amount of mucous and bile and NO traces of food. She showed no signs of dehydration. Every Friday she showed the signs of the stigmata and lost nearly nine pounds in blood. That would return to normal in one or two days.

This is all very amazing when you consider this lasted for 35 years!! Somehow she was materializing the water and nutients from within.

Paramahamsa visited her and witnessed her ecstasy of stigmata and wrote of her.

le is that the same Theresa? I have heard of several now and I'm not sure who is who.

Amazin people huh? It's like they don't really live on the same planet. Most of us are so locked in to our little corner of reality.

Makes me long for the life of an estatic. Mine is so dry and crusty in comparison.

Actually, now I am not sure if it is the same or not. Because I went to the Krishna Culture catalog and it says that the book is an autobiography and that she was a nun from the age of 16 to her death at 25 so maybe this is a different one.

Therese seems to be a common name for a nun. So it is confusing.

I am not even sure how to explain these people but they are certainly not on the same level as the rest of us.

I am so fallen that I probably would not recognize such a soul if they knocked on my door and introduced themself.

I think the one you are referring to is St. Theresa of Avila (sp) She was attached to Jesus as infant. Very humble. She surmised that she had nothing great to offer God so she tried to concentrate on offering all the small things of life.

Yes they are different.