IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Bhaktipada

Rate this topic

I read an article today about Sri Isopanisad and in the section on Mantra Twelve this was written:

Srila Prabhupada further chastises the veda-vada-rata and mayayapahrta-jnana types of Mantra Nine, saying: These rogues are the most dangerous elements in human society. Because there is no religious government, they escape punishment by the law of the state. They cannot, however, escape the law of the Supreme, who has clearly declared in the Bhagavad-gita that envious demons in the garb of religious propagandists shall be thrown into the darkest regions of hell (Bg. 16.19–20). Sri Isopanisad confirms that these pseudo religionists are heading toward the most obnoxious place in the universe after the completion of their spiritual master business, which they conduct simply for sense gratification.

Hare Krishna. Pamo.

I maintain the www.bhaktipada.net website and am a disciple of Srila Bhaktipada. I have read all of the threads here with a sad heart. Many of the stories such as "First United Church Krishna Youth Organization Underground" are simply fiction.

I will comment on a few of the things only to give an account from a person on "the inside". I was a disciple of H.H. Radhanath Swami and took shelter of Swami Bhaktipada at a later time. Radhanath Swami gave written permission for this and said "Yes, that would be very good." I will be happy to share my personal background if anyone would like that information.

"Maybe you would like to speak to some of the children, now adults, who were molested by him?"

These comments on pedophillia have no bases in reality. Where are they? Who are they? Why have they never gone to the police? Its simply fiction.

"I have often thought of all the devotees who live in fear of this man and how they must feel that he will soon be out on the streets again."

Have you ever talked with Srila Bhaktipada? Nothing in his personality is to be feared. He only talks about Krishna and how to spread the holy name. Please read the darshans on the website. Never have I heard him speak, write, or act in an unkind way. From a physical standpoint, his body is now old and suffering the effects of childhood polio.

“Besides, Kirtanananda has done time only for some crooked financial dealings. He has never "paid his debt" for his complicity in child molestation and murders (plural!). This Web site gives me the creeps. However, it should also tell us clearly that we have no control over what happens in the world..”

I’m sorry the website gives you the creeps. Again, if there was any child molestation or murder, wouldn’t they have convicted him on it?

“The transcendental devotees of the Lord are not only free from material envy, but are well-wishers to everyone, and they strive to establish a competition less society with God in the center.”

I agree! So why not do this instead of keeping a thread like this going. Lets chant, read, and worship the deity.

“For all those who don't believe in Srila Bhaktipada's words, they are in true maya.”

Let’s be more constructive than this =(

“This sahajiya stuff has got to stop. But I suppose the entire movement and all the devotees, including those who claim he ruined their life, are all wrong, all lying, and you are correct. If this is not corrected you are doing a huge disservice to this movement!!!!!!!! Please investigate FACTS and find out the truth, but it will take guts to do the research.”.

I am not claiming to be a devotee who is free from illusion. I chant and try my best to serve guru and Krishna. I did do plenty of research and soul searching before making the decision to leave the shelter of Radhanath Swami. I must have spoken to three dozen people at New Vrindaban and several others by telephone and email who were there during the 70s-90s. I spoke to some of the people who were in the “Holy Cow Swami” documentary. This is not something you dive into blind. I feel 100% certain that he has never engaged in these alleged crimes and activities.

Please forgive me if I have been offensive in any way. I hope that you can understand that I am simply trying to protect my gurudeva. It brings an undescribable pain to hear such things when you have firsthand experience otherwise.

I would like to start an open communication to bring healing to everyone. Lets build each other up in the service of Sri Krishna and Srila Prabhupada. Feel free to email me at bhaktipada@

Ys,

Mathura das

Guest guest

Without constant monitoring of the forum, and this thread, it would be to easy for unidentified "guests" to make claims that would not be possible to know if true. We do not think this would be good on a public forum. Claims could be made, and it could be some time before they were disputed by you, if false. In the mean time, so many people may have seen the statements of "guests" , but may not be back to hear your side. We do not think this is a good idea on a public forum that recieves many first time visitors. So we would prefer to close this thread, and have all those who are concerned, have their concerns dealt with by you personally via the email address, you have provided.